Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just bought 2 DIY MOSFETs from a guy that knows his business, but surprisingly they don't work. He told me he checked them before shipping. They are plug-and-play ones, with Deans (T) connectors, something like the MERF ones.
The thing is that without them, my airsoft guns work perfectly, but the moment I connect them between the battery and the replica, nothing happens. I press the trigger and everything is dead.
The guy is something like "Check your wires. It's not my job" and that's why I ask you guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I checked the wiring. As I mentioned before, it works without the mosfet connected.
From what I understand from the seller, it doesn't need to be programmed, just plugged between battery and motor, like you said.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, problem solved. The seller finally agreed to help me. So it wasn't just a plug-and-play mosfet like he showed me in some photos, but actually I have to solder another wire from the trigger to it. Oh well, I guess it's like any other mosfet out there...
Thanks for the help, Mental96.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little bit of necro, but since it's my own thread, I thought why the heck not?!
So, at the last 2 days mil-sim event my AUG decided to break the rules for DMR and shoot only on auto. Now I got a 3 days one and I really don't want to cause any disputes.
After grinding my nerves to make it work, I am giving up and I'm posting some pics in hope that someone can help me:

Colour legend: green - the actual mosfet; blue - a third female plug (probably the signal one?); yellow - the fuse burned and I bonded the wires together.
Where the free male deans connector is, comes the battery.
Now, in this setup the gearbox only shoots on auto. On semi I pull the trigger and nothing happens.
From the diagrams I found on Google Images, I thought I only had to desolder the plus wire that goes from the mosfet to the trigger and solder it back on the plus of the motor, something like:

But in this configuration I get a lot or arcing and the gearbox starts firing on its own.
So, my question is: HOW IS IT DONE for the love of God??
I'm sure there is something so obvious and simple that I can't even see it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, everyone, but I already sent it to an airsoft shop tech department. I didn't had any more patience for it and I prefer to pay a small amount of money and receive it working 100%.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm expecting this outcome too. They have GATE mosfets on stock, so if that happens, I'll ask them to install one of theirs. But my money is on the cut-off lever.
So far they haven't called back, so I'm still waiting to see what the problem is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.