Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes. If this has already been answered, sorry. I plan on upgrading a clone l96 soon and plan to replace everything inside with PDI parts. I realize this will cost a ton of money, which brings up a few problems. First, I don't get much money and $300 takes a few months to get. So, in order to make my rifle as good as it can be as soon as possible, I'd like to know which parts increase performance the most. I'll be upgrading in batches of parts no more than $300 in value, so everything in that batch must work with the unreplaced stock parts. From what I've gathered so far, the PDI hopup chamber and new barrel are the first things one should get, but after that I'm not sure.

Thanks, Moneyhun

·
Registered
909 Posts
1) PDI Hop-Up Chamber
2) Nice AEG-cut barrel
3) Your choice of AEG bucking

That's all you need with this rifle for a while. The rest can be DIY mods. The gun will shoot pretty hard once the airseal is perfect and the hop-up and barrel will give nice range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thank you very much! I assume that following guides on the forum I can improve the airseal.

Also, does anyone know if the PDI hop chamber will work with hunterseeker's r and er hop?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, r-hops work on every barrel unless you have ridiculously long window on it. I recommend you to file the barrel window a bit with some precision files rather than cutting the r hop piece to the window size, A.K.A little bit of both. :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Or, if you're skilled enough, buy the ER-Hop and elongate the hop window all the way and use some very heavy bbs. Should get some awesome range. You can pay for somebody to elongate it, but it's pretty expensive. I'm not sure how hard it is to elongate the window, but I'd imagine that it would be a challenge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was initially planning on having someone cut it for me since I'd likely be using a pdi barrel that I don't want to screw up. I really appreciate the quick answers guys. So the full-length ER hop will definitely fit. Awesome.
Thanks again
Moneyhun

·
Registered
909 Posts
^^I agree. I didn't test mine very much after I got it due to selling the rifle, but build quality is good and performance also looked good. It's also dirt cheap. Once you have the R-Hop, I don't think the actual chamber will make too much of a difference anymore.

Also, moneyhun, you can order a Prommy 6.03 already cut for the ER-Hop by HS5. It's expensive, but it might save you messing up a barrel. If you did it yourself, I would practice on the stock brass barrel before doing it to a nicer barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips dudes! Do you know anywhere that I can pick up a hp hop? I did some limited research, but wasn't able to find it. Also, how far behind PDI would you say prommy is? As in, if I were to get the prommy cut, would it be worth all the money it would take to have a PDI cut later? I'd like to avoid replacing parts due to my limited income and would prefer to start out with good parts, but if the prommy is good enough, great. I appreciate the answers! You've potentially saved me lots of money that didn't need to be spent
EDIT: Wesley, are you sure HS5 is still selling barrels?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well once you make the switch to the pdi unit or the hp the traditional type 96 cut of the barrel is no longer valid, both these units utilies the AEG cut barrels. I also cannot find the HP units in stock anywhere. They are made by Wisha Arts Toys (hk) ltd. which is a wholesaler not a retailer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.