Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upon fixing my new BAR10, I'm finding it to be very accurate for a stock gun, just confirmed hits on a man-sized target at 85-90 yards away :D However, I am planning on upgrading the gun, the only problem is that I am on a very low budget. How much will a new Firefly bucking improve accuracy? Will a new 6.03mm tightbore do more or less than the bucking? If you were only allowed to buy a single upgrade for a stock BAR10, what would it be? Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT: Actually the target mentioned above was only 230 feet away, not 85-90 yards. Oops.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The thing that affects accuracy the most is the hopup, so I would get the bucking. However, I would get the nineball bucking because of it's fantastic air seal and how it performs over a large range of fps. It is a little softer than the hard bucking but harder than the soft so it makes it the best all around bucking. If you want to go a step further get the r-hop or er-hop. Also do the TDC mod, even if your gun doesn't have the right curve issue. It will make the pressure on the bucking much more consistent, which in turn will make the accuracy more consistent.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would get a barrel because you can already improve the hop up without buying anything.

Shim the chamber, shim the arm, make a flat arm with a piece of biro pen, do the dental floss mod on your bucking, and install a TDC adjuster.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
You won't see a HUGE difference with just a bucking or just a barrel. Personally, if you are hitting shots out to 240 feet stock rifle, I would say you only have to perform some DIY mods on hop up to be good to go for a while, since you are on a budget.

Look into some sears for your rifle. Bar 10s love slam firing, and will try their best to do so in the fastest amount of time possible. Look into some durability upgrades, get her set, perform some DIY mods, and you are good for a while, while you save up the cash.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. My BAR10 actually started to slam fire after about 50 shots out of the box, good thing I had 2 extra sears lying around :D

I'm definitely getting a nineball, and I'm eyeing this smexy Modify barrel (only $36)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9275

vs this $30 barrel:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5844

Which one do you think would be better? And will the nineball really improve accuracy? The bucking looks rather simple to me... how can it get better? And yea, I'm a bit surprised to see my stock BAR10 shooting so well. I just want a bit higher fps and accuracy, which is why I'm looking around for a 6.03 TBB. Every sear I've found costs $50+, if sears costed less my gun would be shooting 500 fps by now haha.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Go for the Prommy, nineball or laylax 6.03 barrel. the reason I say one of those three is they all come from the same factory and are exactly the same. Not sure about price but that barrel is famed for it's quality. And they bucking gets slightly better groupings by having a slightly different shaped mound and a different rubber.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Those barrels do indeed look amazing, but I'm thinking about a TM Precision Hopup chamber, the one which comes with a 6.03 brass TBB. That way, I could upgrade both hopup and barrel for ~$50. The only problem is that as far as I know, they aren't sold in the U.S. and I would have to pay/wait extra for it to ship from Asia. Please enlighten me if you know any U.S. places which sell the chamber. Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, I don't really want the precision chamber all that much, after learning how to shim the hop up arm. Also, I'm scared to death of drilling a hole in my outer barrel, so no TDC for me, although I might try it when my warranty runs out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nope :( My hopup shims are working pretty well though :) I guess I'll just go with a Modify 6.03 TBB and a Firefly or Nineball bucking. Which one would be better for ~400 fps (measured with .2g)?
EDIT: Would a ASGI PE 6.03 stainless steel TBB be better off that the hybrid Modify barrel? If anyone has any experiences, please share.

Modify:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9275
ASGI:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=5844

I simply don't have the budget to get a Laylax or Prommy TBB, since I live with my parents.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah I cut my notch down a little bit. It's only there to make sure it's fitted correctly so you can either leave a little bit of it still on, or make a mark on the bucking (draw two lines or something) so you know if it's correctly aligned or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You won't see a HUGE difference with just a bucking or just a barrel. Personally, if you are hitting shots out to 240 feet stock rifle, I would say you only have to perform some DIY mods on hop up to be good to go for a while, since you are on a budget.

Look into some sears for your rifle. Bar 10s love slam firing, and will try their best to do so in the fastest amount of time possible. Look into some durability upgrades, get her set, perform some DIY mods, and you are good for a while, while you save up the cash.
what are sears?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.