Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know it's a shit picture, but I had to take it myself with not a lot of good lighting. But, my belt FINALLY got here today and I just had to show you guys.

I'll get some better pics later on. Much love. <3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

btw. That's the international military hand signal for "Awww yeah."

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the back, I have a backpack / camelbak. I'll get the full 360 degrees when I twist someone's arm into taking pics for me.

I'm gonna be running my M24 (in the project section) when I get that som'bitch working and get in the game. I have a WE M1911 as my sidearm in that holster.

I leave the knuckle pouch in these gloves empty. Allows for a bit more movement than wearing the extra padding or knuckle hardeners. However, if I were hitting the field with a run-and-gun AEG fit, I'd definitely wear the hardeners. I invested in the Condor elbow pad, knee pad and gloves set because the less I have to worry about banging off rocks and trees when I'm moving, the more I can concentrate on finding a good position to fire from.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roguewolf said:
I'd assume that you're not planning on using that shemagh in game. I like the DCU's, a nice break from the MC ninjas (Like me). Care to put up some more pictures of the gear?
It ain't as bright red as it looks in this picture, but nonetheless I got myself a pure tan one for actual games. Just ain't got a picture of it yet. I primarily replaced it because I didn't want to leave a chance of people mistaking my head cover for a dead rag.

And yes, I know I look a little... AQ-ish, but these things were worn for centuries before the crazies decided it was "their thing." Kind of like what hipsters did to shemaghs when they came to this country. Real snipers - at least the army scout snipers - like these things plenty. They're light, fit any size head, give you a clear field of vision, but obscure your facial contours, and, they were made specifically for hot weather. And Colorado in the summer is hotter than five rats in a wool sock. >>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, two more pictures, I know they still suck, but for the life of me I can't get this damn camera to take better shots... didn't help that the person taking the shot can't hold a camera steady for jack.

Anywho, new shemagh is in. I'm considering switching the pistol holster to the left side of the belt, because I sling my rifle on my right shoulder. A crossdraw would take longer, but I could also move my rifle to my left hand while drawing, which I couldn't do if the pistol was on the right side...

Whatevs, here ya go.

*Sidenote, I'm not wearing glasses, I have a pair of Bullet Ant goggles on under there.

The backpack has a 2.5l hydration bladder in it, and a loop to secure the hose near my shoulder. Room enough in there for anything you'd need in the field.

Also, just to clarify for those who don't know, my state's organizational rules forbid ghillies and stress Green vs. Tan games. DCU is classified as tan, and also happens to fit into the Colorado wilderness surprisingly well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
woogie said:
Did you weave it through the loops propperly? It should look like a woven basket if done propperly...

AND WHAT?!?!?!

No ghillies in colorado airsoft?!
Ah, nevermind, my derp then. I see where the molle is supposed to weave now, the third strap was hiding from me. I'll get right on that.

Heh, here we go again. Yeah, the reason I call this a "scout" kit is because of the no ghillie rule. I have to disguise myself as best I can without it, hence the full face wrap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thought I'd give you boys a better look at my actual loadout, since the pictures above just aren't doing it the justice I was hoping for. So, here's the rundown of what we have on our hands so far, consider it a free review of all this stuff:

1. OE TECH Rigger's Belt and Battle Belt combination. Has a lot of Molle real estate for not a lot of weight. Unfortunately, I'm skinny as a railroad stake, so I have to really work to get it tight around my gut.

2. OE TECH Hydration Carrier Backpack. Holds a 2.5l bladder, has an ID velcro patch on the smaller pouch, the lower pouch has a full sheet of velcro on the inside in case you've got a bunch of different patches.

3. OE TECH H Harness. Unlike a lot of harnesses it has a patch of Molle on the back, which means a hydration kit will fit tight; top straps go on the harness, bottom straps go on the belt. Pretty comfy shoulders, straps for radios and the like, too.

4. OE TECH Ambidextrous M1911 Holster. The top snap holds an M1911 between the hammer and thumb safety. There's also an adjustable elastic strap that holds the pistol snug behind the grip. The snap keeps it extra secure, but while in action, you can leave just the elastic strap on. A quick tug gets it free in a jiffy. Comes with a single pistol mag pouch.

5. OE TECH Gadget Pouch. Got two main compartments and the tiny one on the outside. Holds my nocs, compass and a lens cloth.

6. Revision Bullet Ant Goggles. ANSI certified, rated up to a Federal heavy load 12ga shotgun blast from a Remington 870. Should keep the bbs out of my eyes. The rubber is pretty comfortable, they don't fog, and the protective pouch pads your head during wear.

7. Pantac 1000D Cordura Horizontal Pouch. Loads of space and a mesh spacer. Cordura is a mean material, lasts for ages. My only gripe is that the spacing on the straps is too wide, so only three of the four are actually woven into my belt Molle. The last strap is just kinda, tucked into the belt to keep it from flapping around.

8. Condor Kevlar Gloves. The pouch on the knuckles opens with a bit of velcro, and they come with an extra sheet of padding, and hard ABS plastic knuckle hardeners. They've got nice padding anyway, so I leave them empty. Pretty snug.

9. Condor Resealable Knee Pads. They're thick and tough, with an extra strip of foam for the space between your knee cap and shin. They attach with a strip of elastic and a buckle, so you only have to fit them once, and then use the buckle to get them on quick.

10. Condor Elbow Pads. Comfy, functional, angled properly to fit a human elbow. They kind of hang off when you flex your arm, but they're also fairly flat on the bottom, which makes for a solid firing platform.

Thats the whole LBE kit for now. I'll be adding more in the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.