Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

MP7s: Are they worth it?

16K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  TheTJ 
#1 ·
Hey forum, so recently I've been looking around for some MP7s. I love the entire look and feel of it (I used to own the WELL version), and I can't seem to notice that there's no "in-between" with the MP7s.

On one hand, you have the AEP MP7 (TM and WELL): a gun that's very compact and affordable, however is discontinued, hard-to-find aftermarket parts, as well as low fps and poor construction

On the other hand, you have a big leap into GBBs (TM, KWA, and the soon to be released WE-Tech), where they are very realistic, however they cost alot (a couple mags can buy you a cheap cyma or JG), and can vary in performance due to temperature. Aftermarket parts can be easily found to better enhance these, though.

So I'm starting to wonder, is it worth it buying an airsoft MP7? More and more people are beginning to buy them, and if you buy either the AEP or the GBB, you're either paying for poor performance, or you're paying $40 per mag.

Thoughts? :shrug: :(

#2 ·
I have the KWA MP7. I love it. Since I am currently stuck playing CQB, it has become my primary and my favorite. I am a GBB fan, so it was an easy choice for me to get the KWA version. One big thing to consider is how will you carry it. I have a serpa holster for it and I can tell you, after about 10 minutes of having it holstered, I hate it and I wish I had got a leg holster for it.

#4 ·
I used to use the R4 AEP MP7 up until rescently when I swapped for a MAC10, as for "poor" performance, its only a back up, not your primary :shrug: and you should take a look at my MAC in the Gallery of side arms, my MP7 was similarly equiped just with 1 less cap bank with simlar performance :yup:

Parts are still available for AEPs, they're just not as cheap or regularly available as AEG parts is all :shrug:

And if your ingenious you can use the stock parts to get acceptable levels of performance from one, my Glock 18C AEP is bog stock apart from a 20mm longer barrel (6.08mm), a TDC and a Lipo conversion, and it gives me a consistant 230 fps and about 140ft range :tup:

#7 ·
I used to use the R4 AEP MP7 up until rescently when I swapped for a MAC10, as for "poor" performance, its only a back up, not your primary :shrug:
I play a lot of CQB, because where I live that's all we have; not as many opportunities to play sneaky sniper. I was really focused on using it as a primary, but I can't seem to find the AEP anywhere :shrug:

#6 ·
i've never had a Mp7, but i have had Mac11 & Mp9 GBB...
They are good for what theyre ment to do, as backup with a sniper (more firepower if needed than a pistol) Or a CQB gun in combo with a pistol (manouverability)

They also give some intimidation with their loud "action", i've notice that ppl go: "oh crap, its him. when i use my Mp9 :p
So i say go for it :)

Reactions: mayhem
#10 ·
personally, I have used a gas MP7 with an NS2 system that was a similar build to Bob the Axeman Hildebrandt's gun (from Evike) and I find them to be quite interesting for CQB, but not quite useful enough for Field usage. They are, however, a laugh to use in the Cold with the NS2 systems, and give quite the surprise when you clear a village with it. Handling is good, and excellent ergonomics, but Things break a little too easily on them if they are of stock design. Lot's of Moolah have to go into one to make it a thrill to field/show off.

#15 ·
But but but but but but but...

NS2 system!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.