Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for this and found it mentioned once in a DMR thread.

This seems like a nice starter DMR rifle. Obviously I would have to add some more upgrades eventually but for starting it seems it would be decent. I've read through the DMR Guide so I have an idea of what I'll need to get.

I just want to know if anyone has some suggestions or thoughts on this as a DMR?

(Hope I didn't break any rules with this post)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nah your good. Airsoft GI has an annoying habit of sticking long barrels and big springs in an M4, tossing on a scope and bipod to make it look pretty for the pictures and labeling them DMR's. You could get it but you would need to add, high torque gears, a high torque motor, hop, hop rubber, ab mosfet, better wiring, better tappet plate, removal of the full auto cam, just to name a few. So yeah even if you buy the "pre-made" DMR's you will still end up spending a boatload of cash in order to get an advantage over normal AEG's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was kinda thinking that. I'd love to get a KWA M16 for my DMR but I don't have the money for it seeing as I'm 16 and have car insurance to pay for. I'll look at some other AR's on GI and see if there are topics on them and if not, then I'll ask about it. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: I changed the topic because I have a few other AEG's I'm no looking at that I couldn't find here and thought one topic would be better.

I'm now looking at the G&G M16 Plastica. Good reviews, well built, and I already have AR mags. Thoughts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really would stick with the KWA. They are worth waaaaay more than you pay for them. When you hold it, you can just tell there is quality, and the gearbox almost puts itself together for you!
And the stock grouping is pretty good, maybe 1-2 inch spread at 65'. Its probably been said, but even though you spend a little extra on the initial gun, it will actually end up cheaper to upgrade, because, well, there is less to upgrade in the first place. However, as Vindi said, AR's have a incostient hop-up. Not sure too much about that though...

The other option is to get one used.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That makes sense. Also its harder for find shorter mags which I know a lot of DM's like. Still, CYMA AK's are known to be nice and right now I need something thats not super expensive.

Anyone know much about the CA CA33/G3?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
^^ What he said ^^ ;)

Another reason for not getting an AK is the hop tends to creap during use and theres no easy fix to stop it sliding like there is with AR style hops :-/

The CA33 makes a good DMR as the hop is good and stable, its just a shame about how the scope is mounted, in my opinion it just looks like a bolted on after thought :-/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I kinda like the CA33 because its different then your average M4 plus I just like the G3 Style. But it mostly depends on how much I can sell my L85 for. And I don't think I can get a ton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.