Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i used HTML codes last time, pissed me off, almost to the point of tears, whatever.

now, i think this is a beautiful gun, worth every penny of the $140 this thing cost. scope and bipod were included.

The Zoom adjustment knob.

a look through the scope, with transparent scope caps.

The strange bolt...

me with it. its a bit big, i know. and my "hippie hair" doesnt help with the scope, but i just wear a ski mask when sniping.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm don't mean to be an asshole, but here we go... It's wonderful you've gotten into the role, but:

If you get serious about it, get a better gun or upgrade what you have (which will be tough). This is advice rather than a reprimand

·
Registered
107 Posts
Basic sniper rifle. Nothing bad or good to say. Don't get me wrong but most of the pictures are worthles. I would say about 100% of the active forum users have seen a power selector ring and basic cross reticle =).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations on your L96 man... when it comes to upgrades, contact EDGI... he is usually in Filairsoft.com and ACMairsoft.org.. he custom makes parts specifically for Boltaction rifles... EG: AGM, JG etc etc.

Or, maybe a local shop in your area already carries EDGI parts:)

Anyway... about your rifle, if you get a chance to change your scope mounts to LOW MOUNTS, it will make your rifle look sweeter:)

well.. thats just me.

ALSO.. as what the others say.. invest in ANZI or MIL SPEC Rated masks. Is easier to find a mask then to find a spare eye out there:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I believe he has an ANZI/ballistic set of goggles. He didn't say so in as many words when he messaged me, but he is NOT using ski goggles, as I originally thought.

EdGI is great, laylax is better.
Course, EdGI is better bang for your buck.

Low mounts for looks, high mounts for if you've got a bulky set of goggles or if you use a PB mask.

By the way, speaking of goggles... I found a set of polycarbonate sunglasses with foam inserts. Ballistic rated lenses, *technically* full seal...and I very much doubt fogging would be a problem. If it weren't for the price and the fact that I can't even use them at games for another year anyway, I would have gotten them.

Saw em at a gift shop, I'm sure a quick google will find you a site that doesn't charge and arm and a leg for them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
zulu said:
I believe he has an ANZI/ballistic set of goggles. He didn't say so in as many words when he messaged me, but he is NOT using ski goggles, as I originally thought.

EdGI is great, laylax is better.
Course, EdGI is better bang for your buck.

Low mounts for looks, high mounts for if you've got a bulky set of goggles or if you use a PB mask.

By the way, speaking of goggles... I found a set of polycarbonate sunglasses with foam inserts. Ballistic rated lenses, *technically* full seal...and I very much doubt fogging would be a problem. If it weren't for the price and the fact that I can't even use them at games for another year anyway, I would have gotten them.

Saw em at a gift shop, I'm sure a quick google will find you a site that doesn't charge and arm and a leg for them.
yeah man! Edgi is ok.. BUT... i use laylax on all my Boltactions....

why?... well.. when i started playing... EDGI wasnt into airsoft yet:)

anyway, were i am.. we use FLAKJACKS.. i think thiere the Cheapest and Mil rated goggles available to you guys... I would recommend them to ya mcxznbv :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would actually steer you away from the surplus desert flakjacks. They will MOST LIKELY fog like a bitch on you.

The reason is that the surplus ones use vents designed to carry away debris/sand/dust in a dry environment, not in a humid one. They're surplus because they're an earlier model and their ventilation isn't as good.

You can always take out the vents, and they might work fine, but that would a) break the full seal rule at most events and b) might make it worse (although I doubt this).

Arena's products are great, but I suggest you buy one of the other models from their website. They're a different version and there's a REASON they're a good $50 more.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Haha I know what you mean. I'm not very good with AEGs but every now and then I'll build, tweak, repair, etc. a bolty for someone for a small price. Most of the time it takes me 5 minutes and I don't feel right charging anything, though.

For the rest, it's just odd jobs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.