Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a simple project for those of you who do not want to pay the big bucks for a gun rest they don't really need. For airsoft, air guns, .22 and similar, you probably will not required a full-fledged, commercial support for your gun. Don't get me wrong: if you can get one and price/storage space/handling are not a problem, by all means go for it.

If you, like me, require some simple support to zero in your sights, service the rifle and perform some accuracy tests to verify the quality of your upgrades, this is going to be as cheap as it gets.

Credits for the original idea go to MonarkPro17, whose YouTube video got me started on this, with slight modifications.

You will need:
1 wooden plank, with a rectangular or square section, approximately 30" long
2 garage hooks, preferably rubber-coated, Y-shaped with a screw on the bottom (works great on wood)
3 rubber feet for chairs or tables
3 screws long and wide enough to fit inside the rubber feet and tighten them
2-4 nails, slightly longer than the section of the wooden plank
2 screws, long enough to penetrate 150% of the section of the wooden plank, in order to lodge in the junctions and tighten the parts together

Use the pictures to see how these pieces fit together. The wooden plank is cut in three segments, one is 19", the other one is 7" and the smaller one is 4".

Source:
http://reezo.no-ip.info/en/my-diy-gun-rest.html

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! With a tiny amount of ideas you can customize the project in any way you like, e.g. you can install levels, you can raise both forks by another 4" if you have tall rifles or platforms whose magazines are pretty long etc.

Honored to provide more tools for our virtual armory! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.