Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been working on a DMR project for a while and now I have gotten to the gearbox. I am going to do the things stated in that one thread, but my birthday is coming up and I wanted to ask for some internal parts. Any recommendations? The gearbox is a V. 2 G&G m4 gearbox completely stock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Read Woogies thread all the way through. There is a wealth of information from a lot of different members. And the more details you give us with regard to what your looking to get out of the DMR the more helpful we will be.

I have a G&G SR-25 that uses the same gearbox that you have. I have put in a polycarb piston with a full rack of metal teeth in it, as well as a m130 spring. It is shooting at around 430 fps with .25 bbs. You will most likely need to upgrade your battery as well.

Silent: I think he is talking about the Holy Grail DMR thread http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=889

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I Know this is a necro post, but i haven't really been on for awhile and I thought this would be better than starting a new topic about the same thing. I still have the same gun, but I have installed a 6.03 TB M16 length (509 mm) and I have also put in an Element hop up bucking. I am looking for a little more accuracy and I need the fps to be around 395 fps with .20s, to comply with field regulations. Yes I know it isn't that high of an fps, but I just need to be able to hit things close to 200 ft no more. Alright now down to the point I am willing to put some money into this, but I am not really sure what parts you guys use to get the most bang for your buck. I know I need a new cylinder to go with the length of the inner barrel because it has 1 port in it and I would need one without any ports. What else would you all recommend?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
like you said you need a full cylinder to gain as much efficiency as possible. Me personaly would even think of cutting that barrel down to 450/420mm in length, as with heavier ammo and an AoE correction that is closer to being balanced with a full cylinder.

I'd also recomend you get an Xnub from a set of red Madbull rubbers, I dont recomend the rubber itself as in every gun I've fitted them to they've been hassle, but the nub is all I would use if I cant be bothered/have time to do my more technical hop stuff. I'd still take the rubbers inner nub off your chosen rubber though, you cant fail with a stock TM or a guarder black especialy around 400fps.

I'd also add a little weight to your piston, like adding a bearing if you dont already have one, using a lead spacer among your spacers to correct your AoE etc, this helps to compress the air faster/easier especialy if using heavier bb's.

Make sure you use a nice heavy grease on the inside of your nozzle, and have done everything you can do to increase the forward pressure of your tappet plate, as this and the nozzle/rubber joint, are the weakest in the whole system.

The only thing left to do then is shim, as accuratley as possible your entire hop/barrel assembly, including all nubs, gears, nobs n whistles ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.