Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long wait, about a year, I finally have a sniper rifle :)

It's a Cybergun mauser sr pro tactical, it's not the best there is, but I'm nothing but a student and this is my first rifle.

I will paint it one of these days, when I get my spray paint, and will post some new pics.

I will eventually upgrade it with PDI parts, but this will take quite some time (I wish I had a better paid job:p).

Right now it only has electric tape barrel spacers and I removed all the grease inside and sprayed it with silicon spray. Will be polishing my barrel soon aswell as building a suppressor. I'll check to se if I can put some more DIY mods in her.

Anyway here she is stock:

-EDIT-

Rifle with suppressor:

How the suppressor works.

I: My outer barrel.

II: A cap from some grease spray which fits like a charm on my outer barrel

III: A suppressor I made before for my pistol, it just kept falling off my pistol due to the blowback.
It has an inner barrel with holes drilled in, then toilet paper covering and then slid in the tube.

IV: Baffles made from some endcap for pvc pipes. drilled a hole in the middle of each cap.

I put sporters tape around the outside and sprayed it black, so it won't have a lighter shade of color due to different undercoat.

Update:

Put some paint on her, not sure if I like it tho. Might be putting some new paint on, unless you guys tell me not to:p, and see if I can manage to get it like Livonia's or something like that.

Also made the suppressor 10 cm shorter and left the baffles out, just need an endcap for it now.

Rifle painted.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My friend on my airsoft team has the Well mb05 and it is a sexy beast. I really hope it works out for you. What BB's are you pulling? My friend is using .36s and they are extremely accurate, but I could have sworn i heard the Cybergun SR isn't APS-2 compatible, I don't know for sure though. Well I hope it works great for you though... :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's compatible with type 96 parts, so I read.

I haven't shot it yet
, it was dark when I got it. I'll be doing some shooting and DIY mods and painting tomorrow. I still have to see what bb's work best for me, I've got bioval .30's and .25's, I'll see if I like them and if not I'll try and get my hands on some heavier bb's and see if those work.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
A friend of mine had one of these. I could never get used to the feel and found it awkward to hold. But maybe it's just because I am weird.

Can't wait to see what you do with her over the next few months. Always interested to see how people's rifle's come along over time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just bought the TSD SD97 rebrand of the MB05, it should be here tommorrow. I picked it over all of the others because it comes with a metal trigger box, and has an upgraded aluminum piston, spring guide spring and guide/spring bearing. Out of the box it is supposed to be shooting 535 to 550fps. Like yours, mine is Black. Can't wait!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Looks like we have the same taste in guns, I have a Mb05 and I love the feel of the shotgun stock. Now all you need is a Harris bi-pod to make it look really sexy, and maybe a bigger scope, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
How do you conceal that much barrel?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spray painting it and adding a ghillie to it.

Clearance inside the suppressor? Or with Customs ?
Update:

Opened her up all the way and added foam to the empty spaces, made her quieter for like 50%, also added a little pad to the piston head, reduced sound even more. Silencer also seems to add up a bit. And just looks awesome if I may say so.

Sighting her in will be my next step, but I'm warming up inside for a little bit, it's a bit chilly outside.

Update:

Suppressor needs bigger holes in the baffles :-/, endcap came off because bb went stray inside. Scope zeroed in but not perfect. I'd need a stable platform for shooting.
She has an effective range of 55m atm. which is pretty decent I think.

My paint scheme will be pretty cool I think. Will be doing that tomorrow though.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ya stock accuracy is horrible, get a pdi hop-up with a nice aeg cut tight bore and you can extend it in to your silencer. Are you sure the obj is a 50 looks like a 40 to me
Also make sure to get a new trigger mine lasted around 500 shots then snapped in half :'(

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Like you said, get some low profile mounts. It will make it look much much better. The scope looks too small length wise in my mind. I like a longer scope, as I think it looks nicer. A harris style bipod would make it look better as well. If you find one in stock, definitely get your hands on one.

The suppressor looks extremely long. Its alittle too long for my taste, but to each their own.

Overall, the low profile scope rings and Harris bipod would make this rifle look very nice. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That paint job is actually really nice. I think it will work very well.
The MB05 is a pretty cool rifle that has a unique look, and when it's upgraded will perform just as good as any upgraded APS2.

Putting a sunshade on the scope and adding a harris style bipod will look awesome on the rifle.

·
Registered
445 Posts

Not to bad, I should warn you thought the paint on the grip is going to get sticky with time from your sweat, I keep that part free of paint.

Also what does the other side look like, how much of the bolt did you paint.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.