Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my ghillie suit finished! I kept doing a little at a time so it took around four or five months for me to complete it. As you can tell from the pictures below, it looks a little small on me. That is because I unfortunately grew a little taller while I was making it.. Thankfully it is still usable and it worked just fine when I fielded it for the first time on Sunday. You may also notice that some spots on the upper back, arms, shoulders, and hat of my suit look a tiny bit bare. This is because I have cut up bicycle inner tubes tied on for attaching vegetation during usage.

My boots are on the ground in the pictures because I was too lazy to put them on. Same with my water carrier thing, which I wear underneath the ghillie suit. In the dual AK mag pouch I carry one spare L96 mag, two spare pistol mags, and a motorolla talkabout. In my holster I carry a KWA kp45 match and a speedloader in the built-in mag pouch on the holster. The knife on my belt is used for cutting up vegetation to attach to my suit.

Since this is a WIP, I intend to get a headset for easier communication with my teammates, paint my goggle frames a less obvious color, and give my ghillie suit a nice mud bath (I just gave it one and it is currently drying). :) I may also make a wrap for my L96, but I'm not sure it will be needed since I already have cut up bicycle inner tubes on the gun for sticking vegetation on it.

Anyways..please feel free to post any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism. I am fairly new to sniping (not airsoft), so I'm trying to soak up as many tricks of the trade as I can. ;)

Now, onto the pictures!

Thanks! :)

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :)

And, I will definitely look into painting the holster. Now that you mention it, it does stick out quite a bit. I think I might also paint my gloves too, or maybe even just get new ones since they are a tiny bit small now.

· Registered
118 Posts
I've got L96 envy!

post up some close up photos of your L96!

Running along in the woods..."Huh? wait! is that a flip flop on the ground over there?"..."it's attached to a foot!"... ;)

Remove the lens from your goggles and just lightly mist earth color spray paint on the frames (if you primarily use those goggles for sniping). My experience those tan goggles tend to stand out in woodland environments.

The gloves, a cheap set of cloth hunter's gloves work real nice. Especially if they are camouflaged already. Usually cheap & hold up well.

*I just read that you plan on painting your goggle frames

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a few pictures of my L96 in my introduction post. Here's the link: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2541

The L96 used to be Woogie's, and after being passed along to three other owners, I ended up with it.
I did a few things internally and externally though, such as add a scope, bipod, paint, different piston, different spring/spring guide, DIY mods, different hop up bucking, etc.

And I will most likely get some new gloves (or at least paint them) when I receive my next paycheck.

· Registered
354 Posts
Not trying to be a D#@*, but I think that the suit doesnt mask your shape IE your head shape still stands out. Also the small groupings of several colors will blend together at a distance a creat a solid blob of color.

So for constructive criticism I would suggest that you concentrate on groups of solid colors so they dont blend together. add more material around the neck and the top of the head to break up your shape and outline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.