Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my ghillie suit finished! I kept doing a little at a time so it took around four or five months for me to complete it. As you can tell from the pictures below, it looks a little small on me. That is because I unfortunately grew a little taller while I was making it.. Thankfully it is still usable and it worked just fine when I fielded it for the first time on Sunday. You may also notice that some spots on the upper back, arms, shoulders, and hat of my suit look a tiny bit bare. This is because I have cut up bicycle inner tubes tied on for attaching vegetation during usage.

My boots are on the ground in the pictures because I was too lazy to put them on. Same with my water carrier thing, which I wear underneath the ghillie suit. In the dual AK mag pouch I carry one spare L96 mag, two spare pistol mags, and a motorolla talkabout. In my holster I carry a KWA kp45 match and a speedloader in the built-in mag pouch on the holster. The knife on my belt is used for cutting up vegetation to attach to my suit.

Since this is a WIP, I intend to get a headset for easier communication with my teammates, paint my goggle frames a less obvious color, and give my ghillie suit a nice mud bath (I just gave it one and it is currently drying). :) I may also make a wrap for my L96, but I'm not sure it will be needed since I already have cut up bicycle inner tubes on the gun for sticking vegetation on it.

Anyways..please feel free to post any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism. I am fairly new to sniping (not airsoft), so I'm trying to soak up as many tricks of the trade as I can. ;)

Now, onto the pictures!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :)

And, I will definitely look into painting the holster. Now that you mention it, it does stick out quite a bit. I think I might also paint my gloves too, or maybe even just get new ones since they are a tiny bit small now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a few pictures of my L96 in my introduction post. Here's the link: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2541

The L96 used to be Woogie's, and after being passed along to three other owners, I ended up with it.
I did a few things internally and externally though, such as add a scope, bipod, paint, different piston, different spring/spring guide, DIY mods, different hop up bucking, etc.

And I will most likely get some new gloves (or at least paint them) when I receive my next paycheck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.