Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

My guns

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  furrycowthingy 
To remove the rusted screw, try heating the flash hider with a torch. Remove the inner barrel/hop up assembly so you don't cause that to heat up and ruin it. A lot of times heat will help you break the rust and get it out. If that can't be done, you can use a drill bit and drill out the screw, which should cause minimal if any damage to the flash hider, just make sure you don't drill too far into it and go into outer barrel. The last option you have, you're gonna need a file or dremmel with a cutting bit, cut into the screw long ways, across the base of the flash hider, which will cause the screw to break and you can remove it that way.

furrycowthingy said:
I was very fortunate and found A torque bit just the right size for my hex screw. I heated it up and twisted, twisted and twisted some more. Nothing. Should I spray it with lube. I was concerned only because my lube I use if flammable. And shed floor doesn't take to good to fire, being it is made of crappy wood
Usually it isn't the lubricant itself that is flammable, it's the propellant they use to make it aerosol that's flammable. I'm not saying you should try it and cannot be responsible if you do and it does catch fire, but typically it's safe. If nothing else, spray it down with lube, let it sit for 30 minutes or so, dry it off the best you can and then try heating it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.