Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!
Im want to show off my JG BAR-10! Im going to start off saying I had TONS of help from various members to fashion such a great rifle and I honestly cant thank everyone enough! (Kudos MasterJuggler98)
I also had some help from local friends to do some of the custom work. I dont feel like I give this rifle justice by calling it a JG BAR-10, enough work has been put into to call it a VSR-10 in my opinion. Theres just a few more things that I want to add onto this rifle to make it even better, but heres what I currently have.

-JG BAR 10
-PDI 6.01 inner barrel
-LL Z-Trigger
-LL 90 deg piston
-LL Spring Guide
-Element M145 Spring
-Polar Star Cylinder Head
-Nineball Purple Bucking
-Custom Outer Barrel
-Custom TDC Hop-Up
-Custom cut hop-up arm

Im shooting a man-sized target easily at 300-350ft w/0.28 bbs and minimum hopup. I have 0.4g & 0.36g bbs on order. I havent calculated exact groupings at "X" distance with "Y" weight bbs yet, but that is coming soon. Each of my shots seem to be very consistent, I havent had any "fliers" out of the 50 shots I was testing with.
The FPS is roughly 550-570 w/0.2g bbs, closer to 500 w/0.4g bbs. The Element M145 Spring was advertised 500-530 fps, but its quite stronger than that.
This rifle is pretty light, the bi-pod makes the rifle a little front heavy. I may counter this and help silence the rifle by filling the stock with some kind of foam or clay. I may also add a RIS rail on the front end of the stock for the bi-pod mount instead of having it so high on the barrel, this way I would have the bi-pod's legs "pointing" forward when folded. Im also looking into padding inside the sides of the stock to help silence it.

Here is a terrible picture I took with my camera.

Frontside, you can see the TDC mod here.

Cylinder head - Polar Star

What a fantastic airseal these guys get!

Heres the set.

And the Z-Trigger

More pictures coming soon..

Things Im working on, or plan on changing..
1) I also have a LL 6.03 inner barrel. When I have the time to compare and contrast the two, I will see which one I will keep in it.
2) The next thing im looking at is the R-Hop or ER-Hop, for now the Nine Ball Purple Bucking and TDC mod are keeping my shots extremely consistent and accurate.
3) Im going to cover the stock of my gun in gaffers tape or "sniper" tape, then paint over it. Im just doing this to help it blend in more and give it more of a "custom" look. Ill also be covering/painting the bi-pod and scope aswell.
4) Currently the rifle shoots extremely hard. Im looking into putting a lesser spring in there to keep the fps down to stay closer with the field rules. Not to mention make the bolt pull a little lighter.
5) LL Piston has been fixed, it catches just fine. But I may replace with a Polar Star if I have an issues in the future or I have the extra cash.

Like I said, there is still work I need to do to complete this rifle. If anyone has any input or feedback, please let me know! Im always looking for ways to improve. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Just for future reference, please resize images so thy are more manageable. This should also have gone in the gallery. But anyway, that rifle's looking good. The outer barrel looks nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh my bad. Ill resize the pictures when I get home. And move the post if I can. I also need to get some pictures of inside the hopup chamber.

I cant seem to move this thread into the gallery. Can a moderator please do that for me? Sorry for placing it in the wrong area.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like it, but it seems like the bipod would be very hard to deploy and put back up when your in a prone position. I'm also digging the outer barrel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bi-pod can be opened or closed just by pushing it. (theres no buttons or anything) Which makes it quite nice to setup if you need to be quick. Also its up high so the legs arent so close to the magazine so I couldnt pull it out. Not to mention the rifle itself is kind of small.
I was thinking of putting a rail mount right in front of the mag well and have the bi-pod mouted there with the legs pointing foward.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Can't you mount the bipod on the stock's lugs?

Great build man, you're getting some really good performance with it and it will be even better with R-hop, heavier bbs and some hop-up!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone,
I am adding a RIS rail to mount the scope on the stock. Ill post pictures when thats done. Im first giving it a paint job next week- OD green stock, scope and bi-pod.

@Milo. Unfortunatly I cant, i have to drill some holes for a rail to mount it. And I think im going to keep the PDI instead of the LL like you said. I was thinking along the lines of 6.03 tbb for better groupings at a distance.

@furrycowthing. Yes, its not hard at all. I think I can squeeze out more range when I fine tune everything with the 0.28s tomorrow. But im sure I can get more range with the heavier BBs.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
May I ask what kind of nub the Nineball bucking produces? I might get one seeing as I've torn the edge of my bucking when I tried to turn it inside out! Luckily it didn't affect the performance when I wrapped it with teflon tape.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
From the looks of the nub it looks like a standard flat grip. It dosent look like the V nub, my hopup arm is two pronged so the V nub wouldnt be effective.
I mainly got the bucking for the durability and airseal it gets.
But if you have R-Hop then the nub really wouldnt matter. Thats what im looking into next!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.