Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my KWA SR12 that I got around Christmas time...this is going to be my basic setup. It's totally stock, with an Elite 8.4v 5000mAh. I am thinking about installing an extended TBB and putting on a mock supressor. Or I may just get an M16 length TBB. I'm also going to get a box of VN midcaps; the one in there is a 190rd hicap I had.

Comments/suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Looks really nice. Any chance you can get some pics with some better lighting? I would love to see some.

If I had not gone down the bolt action route, I would have bought one of these or went with a m14 of some kind. How has she treated you so far?

Also, in my opinion, go with the m16 length barrel. That way its not too long and cumbersome. Not to mention, I think it looks better without a suppressor (that might be the only time I say that about a rifle
).

Overall, good luck with this set up. It looks great ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this picture has a little bit better lighting...

Thanks for the compliments

This gun shoots very well. I've had it jam a few times, but they were caused by magazine and failures. No problems for like 2 months now.

and Yeah, I think I'm going to keep the regular M16 barrel length.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The KWA gearbox is perfect for upgrades, You would need a new piston, Motor, maybe gears, maybe, barrel and some spare buckings. None of that other reinforced gearbox shell crap cause the 2GX is a brute you could hit it with a hammer and do more damage to the hammer than the gearbox.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Actually it really depends. If you only want around 450 fps, and trim it to semi only, youre fine with the stock motor and gears. Just run a big ole' 9.6 or lipo. Although I would agree on the barrel and packing (btw, its packing, not bucking, bucking came from when a company (systemA I think) put it out in marketing by accdent and the name stuck since. haha go figure!) being replaced. Although the barrel and packing are ok, they could be better.

And before anyone asks, yes, I speak from expirence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.