Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys!

Here is my mistress DeMaRi (pun from Finnish short demari (social democrat party member). A former Cyma/Kart/TM OMG mix-em-up, now a clean breed TM, with this and that mecha box upgrades. She used to have a truckload of treatments in and on her and there's still some left of those and some new things I've done on her.

Her 1.0 looks with latest tweeks dated on today:
I added the mags, her back up Mr. Colt Government and my "fake" knife in the picture. Patches say: left="Zombie Hunter", right="Major League Sniper". ;D

Like I said, there are things I took off and things I added in. First of all, after bunny hopping in a multi manufacturer/brand part-hell minefield, I chose to switch the whole works into a 100% intact Tokyo Marui SOCOM. I merely switched the stock into the pervious one I used. I also took the flashider (pretty cool IMO and it works with the SOCOM version) and heat cover from previous version to stir up the regular looks of a M14 SOCOM.

Other newcomers into this fine piece of art are the Guarder 4x red/green lighted scope and black condor 2-point sling, tactical stock pouch (with kewl patches ^^), two more mags and all of them are now equipped with OD "McPull"s.

With new gun came also a intact part to replace that little stick that's right under the reload latch.

I've'nt had the time to run some proper accuracy etc. tests with this gun yet, despite the fact of me having it with new upgrades ever since the beginning of the ongoing year... :p Proper range testings are on my What-to-do - list.

The old part of this thread:

When I started this post the main point was to show up the ParaCord "knot" sling I had knotted over few evenings (some 10 hours in total I guess). I made it straight on the sling ports of the M14 stock and measured the total length up to 85~86cm and used 11,1 meters of three different bundles of cord (OD, black, OD and here is the video I used for learning the Wide Solomon Bar technique:

The video does not supply the viewer with a ending procedure so I "improvised" or as we say here in Finland "home patented" it by scorthcing the end cords into one solid mass. This can be seen (not so well I admit) in the last picture just under the front sling port.

Pictures! =)

Sling from front:

Sling from back:

Half complete gun and sling in a full picture:

Close up on sling:

She's lacking a safe balde bayonet, scope mount and a magpul for a mag.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First glimpses of my M14 "DeMaRi" / ParaCord sling

Peyote said:
Love the sling. Any plans for optics? I always loved the 4x32 ACOG on M14's.

I like what you've done with the grip, is that just electric tape?
Thanks! ^^ And no, the tape is simple hockey stick tape =) Gives the grip, matt fabric like color and feel and sticks on the stock like damned and I actually forgot to mention that I already have this:

http://www.pcb-airsoft.com/epages/PCB.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PCB/Products/SNS000125

waiting for the mount. Sorry guys for the chosen site being in Finnish. Too lazy to find English one at the moment. =P

inthetallgrass said:
Very nice sling, and for the love of god don't put an ACOG on that thing
Thanks and don't you worry, not going to happen. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts

10 hours, but well worth the effort
I like the choice of colours, they go well with the rifle.
It looks as if it would be extremely comfortable too.
The sling mount end is finished off well as far as I can see.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

jrjrtdac said:
:O 10 hours, but well worth the effort
I like the choice of colours, they go well with the rifle.
It looks as if it would be extremely comfortable too.
The sling mount end is finished off well as far as I can see.
Thanks ^^ I like to take my time when doing precise work. =) The little nub in the end feels only if worn on naked skin (tested out ). And it truly is comfortable and stable to wear, the Wide Solomon Bar that is =).

Hey does anyone have any good idea on how to fill up that void that the selector switch left on the right side of the stock? The possibility of having dirt all the way up to the interior of mechbox irritates me too much and yet I haven't been able to figure out what I should do/use to fill that gap up.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

THanks ^^ Wonder what else I could do on this gun with ParaCord... ?

·
Registered
215 Posts

Take off the electric tape on the grip and wrap para-cord around instead and maybe epoxy or marine-tex it on. Also a cheek-rise in para-cord?

You know what. Just para-cord the whole damn rifle.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

the3rdeye88 said:
I love that sling and the OD m14. Ever thought of getting her a wood stock?
I have and I also have ole made by a friend but doesn't handle moist that sellaista and cracks up (Berget is basically one week in an moist woods) so I decided to get her an OD stock that tolerates water and now afterwords I'm only satisfied of my decidion. =) Gosh I'm getting so impatient on waiting for the mount (a friend is arranging an bigger order for hes shop and I'll get me mount, longer precision barrel and that missing magpul that way). Seeing all the trouble since the "Suomi Price Value Multiplayer" Is too great, mount alone is 45

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

the3rdeye88 said:
Have you done any internal mods? How does she shoot?
I was going to post a full list after I would've got the weapon done but might as well do it now, here are some parts that I remember having in it:
Commander HT short motor
SHS 14metal teeth ... uh ... piston?
SHS aluminum piston head
Spring guide with ball ... bearings?
6mm metal bearings?
MB blue hop up rubber
6.03 precision barrel

You guys know as much as I about the brands of these parts just told. I know more about springer bolt rifles than AEG's so I've had a very talented friend of mine to do the internals for me. I have not had the time (nor interest to be honest) to airsoft now during winter but I've intended to go to my local pistol & small rifles range to try out how she shoots, "pretty slick" is what my friend told me so have that much to look forward to. =) I'll tell ya guys how it went after I've visited the range. Also she fires M126 with .20 bb's (which is my local top limit for all AEG's) which is pretty good.

Atm I'm also going to buy a longer precision barrel for her from this very same friend of mine to increase the length of range. Hope it wont also boost my M/s (fps) above that brainless local limitation of ours... He's also fetching me a cheap mount and that one missing magpul for a reasonable prices.. When compared to our insane shop prices that is.

To be noted that this gun was originally cyma M14 socom wood imitation, so it has come a long way in my care.

Does anyone know anyone who is good in making really decent props or molded things? In case if I'd find someone to make me that bayonet I need. Would imagine someone being on movie business etc. could make me a mechanically working soft bladed bayonet.

·
Registered
568 Posts

I recommend you to get an r-hop instead longer barrel, it should increase your range to as much as 80 meters, you can get them from hunterseeker5 at hsarmory.webs.com for 12e for 3x, 17e for 2x if you want ice resistant patches. These are not drop-in, ask hs5 for details.
About the bayonet, I believe nakkis is doing a custom rifle by machining, so he might be able to do a bayonet "handle" for, but I'm not sure.
Edit: made my post more clear and added more info.
Eedit: fixed the link.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks! I shall contact them. =)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

WorstInFinLanD said:
I recommend you to get an r-hop, it should increase your range to as much as 80 meters, you can get them from hunterseeker5 at hunterseekerarmory.com for 12e for 3x.
About the bayonet, I believe nakkis is doing a custom rifle by machining, he might be able to do one for, but I'm not sure
WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU NOT TOLD US ABOUT THIS WEBSITE BEFORE
Seriously good website, I'm gonna buy some of those rubbers and nubs.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

inthetallgrass said:
WorstInFinLanD said:
I recommend you to get an r-hop, it should increase your range to as much as 80 meters, you can get them from hunterseeker5 at hunterseekerarmory.com for 12e for 3x.
About the bayonet, I believe nakkis is doing a custom rifle by machining, he might be able to do one for, but I'm not sure
WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU NOT TOLD US ABOUT THIS WEBSITE BEFORE
Seriously good website, I'm gonna buy some of those rubbers and nubs.
Then again, I've just read about R-hop and it seems you can use the regular nub from your hop up with it?

·
Registered
568 Posts

I thought everyone knew about it. shipping costs only 1e afaik, so one can simply order few patches, nubs and self resetting fuse. :)
You can use the stock bucking with them, what I meant was, that every barrel has different hopup window, so you need to cut and file the r hop patch to the proper size and thickness.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

1.So Can I use the r-hop on my stock hop up chamber and barrel? (m4 kind) and (PDI l96 kind)
2.Is the r-hop patch and the nub a good combo in a stock chamber?
3. IS it just a patch or a rubber that he sends?
Thanks.

·
Registered
568 Posts

He sends an oversized r hopup rubber patch, you have to turn your bucking inside out, then shave the nub off and put the bucking upside down, so the nub goes on the bottom of the barrel, you might also have to shave the line that keeps the bucking in line with your barrel.
Then you have to take your r hop patch, and cut it a little bit bigger than your hopup window, then you need to sand/file the patch, after it fits inside the window, you need to shave it thinner so its same thickness as your barrel, you need to shave both inside and outside off the patch, then you need to do some testfiring and adjusting to the bucking.
Thats the guideline for it, I'll look for a proper guide for it soon.
And yes, you can use it with any barrel or chamber. I'm not sure about the hopup arm nub, but it should fit most aeg hopup arms, is the pdi l96 chamber same as aegs (can use same barrel, hopup arm, hopup arm nub and bucking).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.