Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that I will have my M28 back up and running again anytime now I decided to get a jump on the looks.

I cut a few inches off the barrel awhile back before my piston blew out. I was noticing that an M24 SBR looked sorta off. The stocks are a good bit longer than the Bar10's stocks are, therefore making the M24 stock look waaay longer.

So I chopped out a section of my stock to fix that problem and actually making it look better and slightly lighter.

This made the barrel look longer again of course and I am pretty happy with the turn out so far.

I just happened to see a crappy old plastic suppressor in my box O stuff and it slid right on like it was made to be there. I am not sure if I dig it or not yet. The suppressor looks a little skinny in a way. I also cannot decide whether I want the suppressor close to the stock or forward more.

Better pics later, I am supposed to be outside doing the windows, the wife left so I snuck in for a few,lol..

I dont have the hopup, or trigger box on it right now. I have to say I do love this being a short rifle!

compared to the Bar10

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just made this plastic pipe suppressor. Its not finished yet of course but I think the size is better.

After I decide more, then I will figure out if I want to paint the gray pipe or wrap it with camo tape. To be honest, the whole rifle kinda needs a new paint job. I just dont wanna spend the money,hahaha.. Nearly $6 per can of the camo paint, and I used 4 colors last time. I will worry more about the paint after I figure out how she shoots. I will have the custom made M28 piston in it, the hopup arm shimmed, bucking and cylinder head threads wrapped with teflon and will have an R hop. I just cant remember where I put the baggie that had my 5 R hop patches. I want to test the piston with a 500fps spring for awhile but I need to get some sears that can hold up first.

I hear mixed reviews on SHS sears. Some say they can hold up to the 500fps some say they are no better than stock sears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really like the new look on the cut down stick with suppressor. as far as sears go, i am running the SHS will no ill effects. I am rather surprised that the deepfire sears i bought did not hold up as well as i was told to my m170 spring in my bar-10. SHS are going strong and know people running a m190 with it. I look forward to seeing a finished picture of your gun camo'ed out

Wanna sell a r patch if you find them.. -loll

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks guys. I want to make an adjustable cheek rest here soon for it. I just want to have the paint ready first. I dont wanna see whats left behind when I rip that glued on cheek pad. The paint will be all messed up.

Sorry I gotta keep the R hops bud. I have a few rifles and the kid has a few. I almost need more. I know a local guy who sells them. Jonezys services, he's on quite a few forums. His patches used to be 3 for $13 or something like that, recently he dropped price to 6 patches for $8 and some change. I had to jump on it,lol.. I think Cheeseman has em on his site too.
I cant wait to get that piston though, otherwise I'm just polishing a turd,hahaha..

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Not bad looking man.

I am going to assume that the pvc pipe is pushed back to the end of the barrel? So you still have the same length of barrel, but the look of a shorter barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not bad looking man.

I am going to assume that the pvc pipe is pushed back to the end of the barrel? So you still have the same length of barrel, but the look of a shorter barrel.
No sir,lol.. Its cut.

the M28 was actually a bit longer than the Bar10 and it just bugged the heck out of me, and I really do dig the looks of Sbr's. I was pretty unhappy with what I saw when I cut the barrel though. Check this crap out,lol.

Those knuckle heads at Echo1 man, I cant even believe they made the barrel off center so badly! a normal barrel spacer will just curve my inner barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks buddy, I cant wait to get this g darn piston, I havent heard from my buddy in a few days. I wanna get this sucker together! I am going to a game this sunday and having this working would be great,lol.. If not, I have my Bar10 and my Ak so its not a huge deal but I'm an impatient dude and I want my rifle! Lol..

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
That sucks man... Can a machinist do something about it?
You can make the 2 ends round enough and use only 2 spacers (1 at the front and 1 at the rear if the barrel) for support and leave the central piece as is.

Wolf

·
Registered
890 Posts
There isn't really anything you can do about that. Those barrels are forged so that kind of stuff will happen especially with poor QC. Really it only looks .05 out which is bad at a machining quality standpoint, but for airsoft I'm not sure how much it'll matter. When you perma fix that silencer to the gun or whatever just make sure it's centered there. Then it won't matter if that barrel is off center or not because you're correcting it elsewhere. Assuming the OD of the barrel is better then the inside haha.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There isn't really anything you can do about that. Those barrels are forged so that kind of stuff will happen especially with poor QC. Really it only looks .05 out which is bad at a machining quality standpoint, but for airsoft I'm not sure how much it'll matter. When you perma fix that silencer to the gun or whatever just make sure it's centered there. Then it won't matter if that barrel is off center or not because you're correcting it elsewhere. Assuming the OD of the barrel is better then the inside haha.
Yeah thats kinda what I was figuring on too. I will make foam spacers but make them not super tight in the barrel itself, then when it gets to the suppressor I will make the spacers more tights so there wont be any wiggle. Its a hhuge difference when I look at it in person,lol.. Kinda makes me wonder how it shot so nice before. Other barrels wont match up but I was thinking. The Agm L96 barrel isnt a screw on setup. The barrel just slides in the reciever and then there is a set screw to hold it. I took my Bar10 barrel and slid it in the reciever and used a set screw and it seems like it could work. But I really dont know if I wanna use that yet. I have the hopup arm and nub set perfectly so I might. But I really dont care for tapered barrels. I am thinking I will stay with the standard M28 barrel and just get a pipe and dremel the square for the bottom of the barrel for the hopup to still accept the mags. Use a set screw to hold the pipe into the reciever like the Agm. How hard can it be right,lol.. just need to find the correct size pipe. I will have to think about this a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right on, thats what I'll do. I may end up just making my own barrel at some point. The sucky thing about all this. Last year when me and the ole lady split up, I went to Mississippi. When I decided to come back, I forgot some boxes in the shed,lol.. About 3 boxes of just Aeg parts and a box of bolt action parts.. :doh: I had like 3 outer barrels and random other stuff I sure could use right now,lol.. I kinda kick myself everytime I need something and I know I no longer have it. Lots of tools too. Routers and saws etc.. G Darnit!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.