Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get a new vsr clone (R700) yay right? However, after removing all of my screws, I am unable to unscrew my outer barrel from the receiver. I have used wd40 and it is still stuck. Any input would be good. Also I've got a giant monolithic rail that extends over my hop-up so could I drill through this to do a TDC?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had the same problem but it was resolved thanks to users on this forum! :p

There is a screw in the scope rail that goes in to the outer barrel too.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Take out the front most screw holding the scope rail on.
^^^What he said^^^

I loosened it just enough that it allows the barrel to unscrew but it keeps the rail held on. Used a bit of elmers glue as a thread locker to keep it from loosening.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about super glue. Acetone dissolves super glue. You can buy it pure or use the diluted nail polish remover stuff. If you use nail polish remover make sure it is actually acetone based, not something else.

Ah the many uses of acetone.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Now I'm assuming you're talking about the lower strength thread locker. Try using a hair dryer or heat gun and heat up the joint. The heat should soften the blue loctite so you can take it apart.

Also try acetone and just let it soak into the joint. It won't break it up on contact, but let it sit for a little while.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Was it the heating that did the trick or soaking in acetone? I just want to know for future reference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.