Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some major changes in my ghillie and got my rifle somewhat done.
The rifle


Rifle in the camowrap


The ghilliesuit with some weed or something like that on it


Me and my rifle


Laying in the ground. The suit is still somewhat to dark.


Laying in the ground 2.


Like I said the suit is little bit to dark right now to the field I were. I made some venting holes to the hood and under my armpits. Also sew some pockets where I can place some foam to protect my belly/chest from water and could ground (for fall). Still some work to do. What do you guys think :)?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
Well done "fisu"! (hes sort of Finnish real life nick name, at least for me xD) Is that a brand new stock or have you reconstructed an old one? I don't recall seeing anything similar to this with you though.. =)

Hum... This gun resembles of G3 (magazines), vsr (main chamber area), Tanaka gas rifles (location of magazine)... Which is it? =D Or is it that new Marui L96 with "real magazine location technology"?

Is that the base color of the ghillie fabric in pic 4? 'Cause like you said it's rather dark IMO too. Are you going to dye it or add in some other lighter colored fabric/fabrics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gun itself is a Maruzen aps-2 with some heavy modifications. First of I build a completely new stock. Then I tough it would be cool if the magazine would be on it's right place. So I made a pipe system what would drive the bb to the hopup chamber from the new G3 magazine. The whole thing worked, but would easily missfead with some dirt, so I just made a place for the old aps-2 magazine. Shame, but sometimes you have to give up something cool for efficiency. Right now the G3 magazine has no other function to look cool :(. But still the gun works and shoot just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
I like it


Lets have some pics of it lead out in the open, full length and both sides, this atmosferic artsy fartsy crap is all very nice but you just cant see the detail you put in properly then ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm so guilty for the artsy fartsy crap
. I left my trousers to the car and noticed that I need some vegetation to my pants and suit. So without pants (ghillie pants on the ground) I roamed the forest searching for some plants
. Well here is the only picture what I consider "normal" picture of that day. More will be delivered tomorrow.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So here are the more basic pictures.

The suit itself


The suit's belly


Face mask with gloves.

Facemask upside down and the glows again

So this is what I have made: When the basic ghillie was done (the netting and the burr lap) I wanted to make the suit more cooler. So I cutted few holes and sew a netting over it. I placed these holes to my hood (both sides of my head) and to the jacket under the armpits and to the back. That done I noticed it would be more comfortable if I Had more material between me and the ground. I sew a pockets to my knees and belly where I could place some foam that would protect from cold wet earth and pointy stones. The foam was solid cell type, that it wouldn't soak water in like a sponge. These foam plates can be taken out only from the jacket. This was my sett up for a long time but I tough it would be alot easier if I had those fancy rubberbadns where I could stick some vegetation. Grass type on vegetation was a bitch to secure to the netting without those rubberpands so I cutted down a bicycle rubber and it made alot of strong rubberbands. Here are few of those rubberbands. Well the ghillie is huge and weights 7 kilos so I had to work up a nice carrying bag for it. The suit is dusty and dirty so a normal bag would not work as the bag would also get extremely dirty. I sew a simple bag with some "pockets" that I could place some vegetation to it. I also wanted it to carry as a backpack so I made a straps to it. Here it is. Cause I had some spare time I sew a pocket for the backpack. The pocket could be attached to the belt. the idea was that the ghillie itself is to hot for milisim type of games where you have to hike a long distances so I could take a normal PDU and stuff the ghillie to the backpack. When I'm at the destination I could take the ghillie out and turn the pack back to a simple pocket.

There is still some work to do. I need to make few ventilation holes and do some minor sewing. I also carry camel back, radio, utility pouch etc with me, but those are irrelevant.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top