Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(Here's the best I could find for the time-being)

A teamate using it:

I'll post more pictures as I find them on my PC.

Here's what's inside and out (built from scratch):

Internal Upgrades Qty.
Systema Low Res. Wireset 1
Progear 6mm Mechbox 1
Guarder Enhanced Bushings 1
Systema Bore Up Air Nozzle 1
Systema Super Torque Up Gear Set 1
Systema Anti-Reversal Latch 1
Area 1000 Metal Spring Guide w/ Spacer 1
Systema Aluminum Piston Head 1
KM Head 650mm Inner Barrel 1
Guarder SP140/150/160 Spring 1
Systema Bore Up Cylinder Kit 1
Deep Fire Aluminum Piston 1
Systema Super Torque Up Motor 1
Custom AK Cut Off Switch 1
External Upgrades Qty.
G&P RIS Rail Cover 4
Sanyo 12 Volt 3300mAH Battery 1
Harris Style Bipod 1
G&G M16 Stock (Large Type Battery) 1
Mojji Killer Elite 3-9 x 40 DX Scope 1
Systema Heat Sink Grip End 1
G&P SPR Grip / HurricanE Battle Grip 1
G&P SR-25 Conversion Kit 1
HurricanE USMC M4 Metal Receiver 1
Systema Advanced Hop Up 1
Guarder Hard Hop Bucking 1

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the custom AK cut-off switch, is that part of a semi-only conversion?

I have seen this rife from the un-friendly side (OP:Red-out), it looks really menacing ;)
The AK Cut-off was part of a custom set-up for semi-auto only. It's not really needed, but I see no point in putting a M16 cut-off in, since the AK is working just fine. In reality, all you have to do is file down part of your selector plate.

Nice looking rifle. Personally, though, I don't care for "silencers". I do however, understand their potential practical use in airsoft -> cover for an extended inner barrel.
My inner barrel goes almost completely through the silencer, so...it's kinda needed, otherwise it probably wouldn't be there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sort of do, but sort of don't think of that as an SR-25. More over as an SR-25/SPR. Here is my main major reason behind it. The body is that of an M4 that you have on it right now, and not of an SR-25. If you were dumping $2500+ into it, why not shell out the extra cash and go for the SR-25 Body and Gearbox instead of the M4 style Metal Body + 6mm Gearbox.

The SR-25 has a longer style body, and longer length magazine. Yes, the it would be more costly, but not by much sense you already have around $2500+ into it.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sort of do, but sort of don't think of that as an SR-25. More over as an SR-25/SPR. Here is my main major reason behind it. The body is that of an M4 that you have on it right now, and not of an SR-25. If you were dumping $2500+ into it, why not shell out the extra cash and go for the SR-25 Body and Gearbox instead of the M4 style Metal Body + 6mm Gearbox.

The SR-25 has a longer style body, and longer length magazine. Yes, the it would be more costly, but not by much sense you already have around $2500+ into it.
It's not worth it to get the SR25 body. For one, the gearboxes are fairly new, thus meaning flaws. They are nowhere near the quality of my Progear Mechbox, nor are the SR25 bodies on par with my HurricanE body. I also have no desire to buy MORE new mags, since I already don't have the storage room for all my guns/gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CNC body is MUCH better quality than your Hurricane body :) And yes I would clal it an SPR not an SR-25. Totally different caliber. Also I don't understand how it cost $2500+ unless you bought everything in the USA and payed for installation / tuning. I know it could be built for much less buying parts from overseas and building it yourself.

Not to bash on your gun, it really is nice, I personally love the SR-25 and would want my rifle to look like yours less the M4 body. I'm just too short to run a long RAS with a silencer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.