Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up everyone? I’ve been working on my spring powered Vsr-10 for a while now. It’s a bit overkill, but I’ll explain the “features” later on. Pictures first! Let me know what you think!!
822E7D2D-CEAA-4A4D-8A9E-2A2B6417E734.jpeg

1CA39072-F52C-4044-9377-528EA4CCE8D3.jpeg
E96DA54C-5E58-4533-B116-0A76BBF33A98.jpeg
5C47EBA6-E868-4CA7-8613-CDFEA4C4A5D0.jpeg
C09BB43C-2EAF-41C7-9399-44B270C2289E.jpeg
DCA88095-8A3A-4D9B-AAD7-E47B4541F8CC.jpeg

I wanted a modern looking airsoft sniper rifle. This is what I ended up with lol. It was a Classic Army army SR40 base that I chopped up. I used some real steel parts from optics planet in order to use a buffer tube and ar grips. Tons of chop shop shit involved here, plenty of new parts destroyed right out of the box haha.

Some of the features I added to the rifle:
You think it’s pretty heavy? Well you’re right. It’s not light. BUT just about everything is QD. Bipod is QD, so is the carry handle and scope mount to swap out for a short dot or something. The stock also comes off in seconds to run a lighter, simpler setup.

It has an SBA muzzle brake so it takes SBA suppressors. Maple Leaf mock mag to carry a spare vsr magazine. M-lok panels for whatever. The MDT elite grip is fully adjustable, it can move front, back, and tilt. I also wanted a carry handle but don’t like the cliche top mount swivel jobby. So I went with a bottom mount. I made it from a skeletonized gopro handle!!

Another nifty thing I added was a pull down lever for the spring guide stopper. Thanks to the BullTrigg gen2, the spring guide drops down and you can pull out the entire bolt/cylinder easily. BUT I wanted to do that with the rifle together so I drilled and tapped some threads, then bolted a small handle to the spring guide stopper tab.
ED1AD652-BC35-44C7-8961-F60C0A5F2541.jpeg

It pulls down in a second, and the bolt slides out. I can then swap my spring or piston, OR throw in another bolt that’s right handed, for my friends :).

One thing I ended up doing was getting the bolt handle powdercoated chocolate brown. So I call this the Candy Bar Rifle lol. I love tans, browns, and fdes, which you may have noticed.

I think I’m forgetting some things, but that’s my custom Vsr-10!! Still needs tweaking and tuning, but I’m getting close to fielding it. I will make some videos of it too!! One last thing, here is the build list;

Stock configuration:
-ERGO Tac-13 interface
-MDT folding stock adapter
-Guntec milspec buffer tube
-Luth MBA-3 stock
-Luth Rail-Pod
-MDT Elite grip

Upper rifle configuration:
-AirsoftPro receiver
-AirsoftPro scope rail
-EdGi spiral cylinder
-EdGi spiral bolt handle
-EdGi 90° piston w/ air brake
-SBA PTFE ball bearing spring guide
-PDI two piece outer barrel
-Polycarbonate cylinder guide sleeve
-Airsoft Philosopher gen1 hopup
-Stalker 60° rhop patch
-EdGi 300mm stainless 6.01 inner barrel
-EdGi & PDI delrin barrel spacers

Lower rifle configuration
-Classic Army SR40 stock base
-AirsoftPro mag release
-BullTrigger gen2
-Angel Customs metal trigger guard
-Manticore Arms mlok panels
-Laylax Nitro under rail
-Magpul FDE bipod A.R.M.S.
-LaRue Tactical QD adapter
-Maple Leaf mock mag holder

Optic configuration
-Bushnell Forge Terrain 4.5-27x50
-Lockoos FDE QD scope mount
-Mischief Machine Co. bubble level

·
Registered
1 Posts
how far can you consistently reach with this setup? what parts gave you the best performance increase? (i'm new to this whole thing, and trying to gauge price vs performance).

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Short answer:
at least 300 feet is what I’d like. You don’t need fancy schmancy parts to shoot far. You need a consistent air source with a good air seal, a quality inner barrel FINISH, that’s stabilized, and hop components that work well together.

Long answer:
Any “well built” airsoft sniper rifle can hit 300 feet. Well it should be able to hit a man size target at that distance. Once you start shooting behind that, it becomes more difficult and less likely. You need to aim higher, probably hop more, have good conditions with no wind, or wind in the direction you’re shooting, etc.

With this particular setup I hope to have it be able to hit 300 feet in game. I’m still “tuning it” as I have different spring and piston set ups to try. I do have a range finder though so whenever I make a video I’ll be using that when testing. Rangefinders during a game are meh. If I make a super far shot I like to check it after the round so I can be sure I’m ranging the proper distance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
really digging that scope. Been thinking about taking my Vortex off to put on my 30-06 before deer season and buying something new for my VSR.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I've got 2 Bushnell Sportsview scopes that I am pretty sure are discontinued and considered retro, the clarity is awesome and the reticles are great!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love it when someone tries sth different or new. I think i will try the possibility to pull out the spring guide stopper from the outside. With it you can clean and repair almost everything without disassembly.

300 feet or 90 meter is a great effective range, i think i need a rangefinder to test if my vsr can do that. I am on 0.49g bbs and 3j.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think Blind Sniper actually did something like that.
I love it when someone tries sth different or new. I think i will try the possibility to pull out the spring guide stopper from the outside. With it you can clean and repair almost everything without disassembly.

300 feet or 90 meter is a great effective range, i think i need a rangefinder to test if my vsr can do that. I am on 0.49g bbs and 3j.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts