Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, just want to update my bolt action, finally i've sold my CA m24 m40a3 and got one of these :)

- VFC ASW 338LM (Asia VFC Edition)
- PDI 6,01 554mm
- Laylax Teflon Cylinder
- Laylax Piston (Orange)
- PDI VSR 330 Spring 13mm
- PDI 9 mm Spring Guide
- PDI W Hold Rubber
- VFC Cylinder Head
- VFC Zero Trigger
- Magpul PTS MOE GBBR Grip
- VFC ASW Silencer
- NC Star Harris Bipod
- China Made Leupold Scope 50m,
- King Arms Scope Extender
- China Made QD Mounting With Rail

I've turn upside down this baby,
And Yes it's VSR compatible for this following part so far:
- Cylinder (Laylax Part > only need minor sanding on the back part)
- Spring Guide
- Piston
- Spring
- Inner Barrel
- Hop Up Rubber

I guess my point is this VFC Rifle is using Laylax part as reference for their part, because their piston set is very much a like regarding dimension, shape and everything else. And for the record their part is very very good quality specially for the zero trigger. So no need to change the internal if you do not want to. If you guys need another information just tell me okay.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Beauty. One of the cleanest rifles I've seen in a while. Thing is a unicorn in the airsoft world for sure.

Looks way better then all of the photos I've seen so far.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi guys, just want to update my bolt action, finally i've sold my CA m24 m40a3 and got one of these :)

- VFC ASW 338LM (Asia VFC Edition)
- PDI 6,01 554mm
- Laylax Teflon Cylinder
- Laylax Piston (Orange)
- PDI VSR 330 Spring 13mm
- PDI 9 mm Spring Guide
- PDI W Hold Rubber
- VFC Cylinder Head
- VFC Zero Trigger
- Magpul PTS MOE GBBR Grip
- King Arms Silencer 250mm x 40mm
- NC Star Harris Bipod
- G&P M3 Leupold Scope
- King Arms Scope Extender
- China Made QD Mounting With Rail

I've turn upside down this baby,
And Yes it's VSR compatible for this following part so far:
- Cylinder (Laylax Part > only need minor sanding on the back part)
- Spring Guide
- Piston
- Spring
- Inner Barrel
- Hop Up Rubber

I guess my point is this VFC Rifle is using Laylax part as reference for their part, because their piston set is very much a like regarding dimension, shape and everything else. And for the record their part is very very good quality specially for the zero trigger. So no need to change the internal if you do not want to. If you guys need another information just tell me okay.

I have a ASW338LM as well with no upgrade parts in it yet and it turns heads on the field.

How are you supporting the extended portion of the inner barrel with that silencer?
I got a real AR Magpul grip and that fits perfectly.

Notice that the DE paint on the back of the receiver is all worn off by the bolt handle just like mine.

Is your magazine loose fitting?

Also noticed you are running two different bipods. Which one do you like better?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Bushmaster: yeah almost all my bolt had been camo'd up, but for this one i think i will stick with this color for a while, probably i haven't got the guts to camo this rifle with that kind of price hahaha.

For the performance, i haven't got a chance to test it properly, but in terms of the trigger pull with vsr 330 spring and the silentness of the piston and silencer i could say it's pretty amazing

@Silentball : I use 554mm inner barrel, so i have extra 13 cm inner barrel that hanging inside my silencer, i guess i do not use any support for that. But it hold very solid i should say, no wobble at all. But incase it effects the accuracy, i would change it with my madbull surefire silencer, because it has a very long flashider.

And for the paint on the bolt handle base, yup it worn out quite quickly hahaha

For the magazine i think we all have the same issue, it wobble forward and backward only, not left and right, but it hold pretty nice, i mean i doesn't wobble when you are holding, or using the rifle, how's yours?

And for the bipod i like the harris one because it much more solid and it looks better than the vfc bipod, because the vfc one wobbles a lot.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I stopped the wobble on the magazine by putting three layers of black electrical tape at the back part of the magazine. It keeps the magazine forward while it is in the mag well so the bb's will guarantee to feed into the bb ramp.

·
Registered
951 Posts
We fixed feeding issues by smoothing out the ramp with very fine sandpaper on the inside. Also sanding the feeding lip-triangle thing on the cylinderhead nozzle.

You can also hammer the magazines a bit outward from the inside, to counteract the wobble.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ killer, yeah i think you're right, that triangle part that made my bb stuck and broke my bb ramps. I had that asumption a while ago when my bb ramp broke but i did nothing, stupid me....Well thank you for your input killer.

·
Registered
951 Posts
We encountered stuck bb's as wel, to the point of the feeding arm would break, rendering the rifle useless.

Sanding all edges and burrs smooths out the bolt action aswel. Sand with a fine sandpaper, because you can rough up the plastic quite fast, and it'll get real ugly. You can even (VERY CAREFULLY) heat the corners JUST A LITTLE BIT with a lighter to get it real smooth. Be very very careful though! you can really mess up your rifle with this.

I have been looking for a metal replacement at the time, but didnt search as hard.
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=9369
This might work though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got the feeding plate rounded at the front that pushes the bb up the final part the ramp also the back where it makes contact with the bb as you cock back the bolt.

It is feeding very smooth. A lot smoother than before and no sticking. Because the feeding plate is exposed inside the mag well, it is easy to keep lubed.

I think that metal creation plate would mark up the bb. The stock plastic one is good enough.

·
Registered
951 Posts
well...i dont quite remember.

I believe it was something like a screw on the underside, and then sliding the bottom plate off.

or just sliding the bottom plate off..

GAH. i'll check tomorrow on our display model if we still have it. It also has alot of empty space inside i believe. One could make a higher capacity out of it.

(IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY! its been over 3 months since I've seen it)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.