Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
For all these years I am shooting BB's with everything you can imagine : From spring pistol to a top notch snipers and DMR's I have ranked the BB's by brands as per the weight and it looks like this :
1. Airsoft spring pistols, EBB pistols : 0.20 grams : 1. Swiss Army platinum edition ; 2. ASG Blaster Devil ; 3. BLS
2. GBB, CO2 pistols : : 0.23 grams : 1. Valken ; 2. Elite Force ; 3. ASG Blaster devil
3. AEG rifles ( CQB & AR replicas ) , single shot shotguns : 0.25 grams : 1. Swiss Army Diamond edition ; 2. Elite force ; ASG Blaster Devil
4. GBB assault rifles and high grade AEG's : 0.28 grams : 1. Thunder Pro grade ; 2. Valken ; 3. BLS
5. DMR's , Stock bolt spring snipers ; AEG snipers : 0.32 grams : 1. ASG open blaster ; 2. Thunder ; 3. Swiss Army diamond edition
6. High end bolt snipers : 0.36 grams ( Valken black diamond grade) ; 0.42 grams ( Accuracy International ) ; 0.48 grams ( Accuracy international )

Here are few photos with results of my top Sniper in my collection Novritsch TAC 338 Limited Edition with Scope Night force one mag shots at every range ( about 25-26 BB's ):

30 m.

Font Art Circle Rectangle Rim

40. meters
Circle Recreation Art Font Publication

50 meters :
Wood Automotive tire Recreation Circle Rim

and 70 meters :
Watch Automotive tire Circle Wood Font

My idea was to shoot a competition size standard paper targets 14 x 14 cm to compare the Airsoft sniper rifles performance vs Pellet Air guns in 0,177 cal ( 4.5 mm ) and I found that the Airsoft snipers are very close as accuracy to the pellet guns ;-)
I am not shooting at range over 70 meters as I am not a gamer due my life in a wheel chair . But shooting targets every single day ;-)
Cheers mate !

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
OMG. Is it even real? What is the size of this target? Its 14x14 standard target? Your score beat mine few times... How did you achieve as good accuracy? Looks impossible for airsoft. What is built of your gun?
Well, it is to late for me to be nicknamed a young liar LOL - in a month time I'll be 60 . To be honest after few mid hand rifles like CYMA, APS and ARES , I've decided to spend 800 bucks for a Novritsch TAC338 Limited edition as it is mentioned as the cream of the cream in the society of bolt action snipers . It came with an M150 spring ( the strongest of the all three options , which were M90; M130 and M150 ) first test gave me good 2.7 Joules with 0.48 grams BB's . I just brought a M190 spring and replaced it with the stock one . Actually this platform can handle even M220 but I've decided not to pull the Devil's tail messing with the technological limits stated by the guys from Vienna. And just a second thing I've changed was the barrel . From experience I know that the tightest barrels giving the highest speed , BUT the accuracy is suffering. So the stock barrel 475 mm long and 6.01 mm tight I've replaced with a 510 mm / 6.03 mm stainless steel one from the series Mad Bull of ASG . And nothing else ! Now it has comfortable 4 joules and shoots as good as a regular PCP air gun at ranges up to 70 m. That is my limit as a crippled gunner . May be couple of things are from a big importance : Firstly as a ex special forces sniper I have some experience with the real McMillan TAC338 and I can feel my Novritsch as a hug with my old friend. Secondly : Every well trained sniper shooter knows how to breathe, where and how to contact with the weapon, to choose the right fraction of the second to squeeze the trigger. With the rifle in my hands I am isolated from the world - can't hear or see anything else , but the scope oculus and the target. Concentration is vital for the snipers. There is another thing : There are some limits of the Airsoft weapons, which you can not avoid or eliminate . With such a light ammo ( max. weight on the market are 0.48 g ) you can't expect any miracles at ranges over 100 yards. You can "pump up" the energy way higher , but the extra power doesn't help much to accuracy. About the "phenomena" with the BB's flying like mad wasps in all directions - there's nothing we can do - it is just one of the Cons of the airsoft . It looks to me that you've done enough on your system . Now you need more practicing on targets . To use a 4 x 32 scope is useless. For high range precise sniping you need a very powerful system , different than the one you using during a game and your targets are with the size of a human corpse . To achieve good group on my targets I am using 6-32 x 60 "Night force" scope which is almost twice the price of my TAC338, but I can see the flies crawling on my target from 70 meters . If you going to have 20-30 shots twice a month during some games you play, you must forget to be a excellent sniper. I am shooting 500-600 BB's daily . Sometimes more. Don't underestimate the exercise and the training. Cheers mate ;-)

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
Hi Cripplegunner. I left message for you in "Conversations" in your profile :) Looking for your accuracy ~10x10 [cm] and mine 45x45 [cm] on 70 meters we can say that your accuracy is about 4,5x times better that mine. I'm shoting since 2008 using airguns, I can achieve accuracy like 5x5 [cm] on 50 meters without support with spring airgun, so lets say I can shot a little bit. I think that my accuracy on 70 meters is far worse than yours on this distance. So my questions are:
1. Do you really think I can go from 45x45 to 10x10 just by practising shooting? I think, that my error is far less than gun & BB's error.
2. You said that you replaced 6.01 with 6.03. Do you think that PDI 6.01 isn't the best option for accurate shooting and should be replaced? PDI is widely known as a best possible inner barrel on the market. Now I dob't know what to do? Replace it with 6.03?
3. What BB's and weight did you use to achieve results as presented above? Did you do some magic like cleaning/sorting/polishing BB's?
4. Will you replace something in my config? I have nubs like: Panthera CNC red nub, Omega (maple leaf) and custom flat like this LINK and rubbers : Mr Hop 85, Autobot 80 and Decepticons 80. Do you think that there is any "gold config" which can give better results that all other? Ofc combined with AA chamber, PDI 6.01 500mm inner barrel and cleaned BLS 0.48g.
5. Is there any cheap way to sort out outliers BB's like <5.94mm and >5.96mm? Can it imporve accuracy?

All tips will be very helpful for me :)

Thanks
1 . There is no way to jump for a day from 45 x 45 to 10 x 10 cm. It is big "PLUS" that you have some experience with air guns. Don't think that I make this groupage every day ! These results are my best of the best. and something very important : I am shooting ONLY indoors
2 . Once you get 6.01 barrel - leave it . but do not attempt to increase the power and the BB's will fly like crazy bees more often
3 . My top ammo is
ASG Airsoft Precision Ammunition Heavy - production of Accuracy International UK . They cost fortune but I don't care about the price ; 1000 BB's are 32 Euro but I am happy of their performance . Sometimes I am shooting with a Valken from USA. They are very close to AI, but not very much . Sometimes I use also Jeoff's super precision BB's. But AI are the best . I trust to my suppliers about the equality and the size of my BB's If they said 5.95 +/- 0.001 mm I am agree ;-) Sometimes I am checking the weight and didn't found any significant differences in the weight : +/- 0.02 g. When I am going for top sfooting I am weighting like 100-150 BB's and choose only these who were 47.98 grams , what the jewelary scale shows. for a long range shooting the weight also is not less important than the diameter.

4 . I would go for a omega nub + Decepticons 80 degree .
5 . BLS are just a middle hand Taiwanese BB's for the wide market . Don't expect miracles from these BB's . Go for AI, Valken or Range Force. Well, they are expensive but for them the compromise with the quality is not an option ;-)
Stay well mate , and keep me posted what you have in your scope and targets ;-)

White Font Material property Circle Electric blue

Plant Liquid Ingredient Font Superfood

Bottle Liquid Fluid Drink Bottle cap

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
1. You have 70meters of indor conditions? Wow, amazing! Really want to have base to testing as you have :)
2. So what energy in your opinion is the best with PDI 6.01 500mm barrel using 0.48 BB's?
3. I saw this AI BB's LINK for 130 PLN = 28,5 Euro in my local shop (no shippping cost!), but nobody never mentioned them as a good BB's and even test them, so I never think about them as BB's worth to testing. Did you ever tested BB's like: Novritsch 0.49, BLS 0.48(or by Specna Edge Series), Geoffs 0.45 BIO, Longbow 0.48. I tested Longbows on 3 configs (Maple Leaf buckings and omega and panthera nubs) and has a huge spread (down-high especially) comparing to middle hand BLS. Longbows were much more slight, so maybe they don't want to cooperate with silicone rubber like ML '21 series?
4 & 5. Why this config? Why you think it will fit the best? Just asking. I will inform you all in this post. I hope I will improve my results in future and attach better targets photos.

Cheers!
1. I am not in position to run thru the woods and bushes with my wheelchair , that's why I am a indoor plinker :) In the building where I live, on each floor we have a corridor 25 meters long. This is my medium range shooting place. Just 100 meters from my house there is an abandoned milk processing plant. The conveyor room has a perfectly smooth and even floor and a length of about 72-73 meters. Even the windows are not broken and there is no movement of air inside. In a word - ideal conditions for high-precision shooting. That's why I've mentioned above that my maximum range doesn't exceed 70 meters ;-)
2. My TAC338 is with 4-4.1 joules output and it seems to be the golden edge with 6.03 barrel and a 0.48 g ammo . I am not saying that I am right , just these specs combination giving me satistfactional results. I think with PDI 6.01 mm "pipe" your good power would be like 3.7-3.8 joules .
3 . I am shooting BB's which I can find around as can't afford to add any extra cost for shipping from abroad . I am just a passionate airsofter , but not a maniac for God sakes :cool: Silicone buckings aren't a best solution for bolt snipers . Silicone rubbers are more suitable for AEG replicas with energies up to 2-2+ joules .
4 & 5 . I don't have your rifle and I am just guessing based on my experience with my L96, AP40 and SSR 24 and TAC338 platforms . Be consistent in your practicing . In the sense of not shooting 1000 balls twice a month. If you have time, shoot 100 balls, but 3-4 times a week, even better every day and the results will not be late!

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
Good brands are also very careful about the correct internal balance of the material when making the balls, which is also very important, even very important. During the transition of the material from liquid to solid state, if the technology is imperfect (temperature, pressure, rotational problems during molding, etc.), it is possible that the balls are out of balance. Have you ever placed a ball on a perfectly horizontal glass surface and it only went somewhere? To me - yes :-(

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
1. So you don't wash and sort AI bbs trusting their balls are good enough to be shooted straight from bottle?
2. Why you think silicone based buckings arę bot good? All popular models now are silicone based like all ML's or X range. Rubber bucking had problems with cold shots, and for sniper it was huge disadvantage.
3. How much spacers between inner and outer barrel you have? I have only one in my gspec.
1 . I don't trust anybody , just trust myself and not always ;-) Just trying to avoid brand of BB's like "Golden dragon" ; Fury tiger etc. etc. Of course I am sorting the BB's for my long range sessions , but only by weight, but as I mentioned above there's nothing to do if the BB's have disturbed internal weight balance. The top brand chasing the FIVE S's : Super high gloss ; Super sphericity ; Super balance ; Super toughness & Super slick. . What is the guarantee that the sphericity is perfect? OK, you measure the diameter by putting the ball through a calibration hole and it passes, but if you turn it about 90 degrees, will the size be the same?
2 . Silicone bushings are at least as good as others of the same hardness sometimes. It's just that my experience shows that silicone ones have a shorter life and are prone to permanent deformation. I base my opinion on my experience, not what the manufacturers advertise.
3 . On my TAC338 I've installed full sized , custom made spacer 350 mm long, made from polymer . And there is no gap between two barrels at all . Also filled up the stock with silicone wool. Out of the box my Novritsch was shooting with 90 decibels noise . Now it whispers with less than 70 . We talking about overall noise , which the replica produces. Compacting all possible places in one replica is not mandatory, but it is desirable. With good sealing, all those ringing and rattling noises when fired caused by poor assembly and design flaws almost disappear

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
Ok thank you, and can you describe please with details how you sort bbs with weight?
Sure : I am using a portable jewellery scale with tolerance 0.001 g. . placing a tiny pot ( a cap from juice will do the job. Zeroing the tare , and weighting the BB's one by one . Collecting the different weights in different bottles .

Product Audio equipment Gas Output device Home appliance

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
How much you paid for scale? And what model and brand you use? Is it accurate to catch 0.001g differences?

Also questions : how often do you clean barrel inside? Its better to do it often when white marks/tracks occurs or should I let barrel be "lapped". BLS lapped IT really fast.
This is the scale I am using. Bought itt from Ali express for less than 20 Euros . Cleaning barrels after every shooting session.

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
Ok.
1.When you weight your BB's - mean this Airsoft Precision Ammunition Heavy - production of Accuracy International UK. What accuracy your scale has? For example if you measure the same BB what is the spread?
2. And second question - how you group them? More like 0.47/48/49 or with more details like 0.475/480/485? What differences are possible to catch with scale like this ~20$? I found them in polish market also and wondering if its worth it. Did you ever tested accuracy with and without sorting? Big differences you achieved?

Cheers Mate!
1 . I am shooting most of the time with "Airsoft Precision Ammunition Heavy - production of Accuracy International UK" distributed by ASG Denmark because they are only available on Bulgarian market out of my three favorite brands in the heavy "division". I have some irregular supplies of "Geoff's' and "Valken" from my fellas veterans from US, They are very kind to me, as ve have some mutual memories back in time from Iraq and Afghanistan, and they know that my disability pension i s 10 ( ten ) times less then theirs. That's why I relay of what is one hand away from me . For AI UK BB's I've experienced amplitude in the weight between 0.472 and 0.483 g. which is damn great and very narrow window of weight variation. Geoff's and Valken are almost there as amplitude .
2 . I am grouping them in three pots : 1 : 0.472 - 0.475 / 2 : 0.476 - 0.480 / 3 : 0.481 and above. Why shouldn't I trust to scale purchased for 20 bucks ?! It is a public secret that if you buy something and on it you don't find a mark "Made in China" the product is copy and fake :cool: . The jewellery scales are based on a very simple electronic technology and can be produced in every Chinese back yard and with magnificent quality . This is not a space technology for God sakes ;-) If you a rich enough can purchase . a Swiss made scale for 5000$ but the precision will be same . You just will pay extra cash for the brand and the label. I am a poor pensioner and feed my ego with whatever I can afford .
Yeah, sometimes I am shooting at 70 m without weight checking and grouping the BB's and the differences aren't significant. And something else I've noticed . Same brand, same weight , same retailer . Two bottles of BB's bought with a week distance in time and they shooting totally different . And I deeply believe that is not about the sphericity , or weight or polishing . All comes from the BB's weight internal balance . And I believe that it is a main factor for good accuracy. Well . Diameter vary with 0.05 - 0.1 mm / or weight vary with few milligrams . So what ?! Just imagine : You cut a BB with weight 0.48 gr. on two ideal halves. Putting 'em on the scale you have results of 0.22 g and 0.26 g. That means that the similar BB's with the same wrong balance will never be affected by super - duper hop ups , barrels or so . They will fly like crazy wasp .
After 40 years of experience with the various kinds and types of weapons, I have come to the conclusion that deviations from the standard and anomalies must be categorized and classified by importance and degree of effect on shooting. And to pursue only the most important ones. Trying to dig deep and simultaneously into all the possible deviations risks getting lost in the jungle of opinions and variations in the various forums and publications. Therefore, in terms of pellets, I mainly rely on ammo with a very good weight balance, and all other characteristics such as , size, weight, roundness, smoothness, etc. I consider secondary. These practices of polishing, measuring with calibrators, oiling, wiping, kissing and explaining in love to the BB's, etc. are for people who have an awful lot of free time and nothing particularly important to do in their lives. I don't want this to sound rude and arrogant, but first and foremost airsoft is fun and a good pastime, and if someone wants to turn their hobby into their own castle of horrors - please, that's their life. ;-) Cheers from Bulgaria pan ;-)

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
I think that dividing the BBs into such narrow weight groups is redundant, forming the groups to 0.001 gram accuracy. This would make sense if we are confident that the entire unit (piston, spring, hop up bucking, nozzle, etc.) will give absolutely identical energy and from there an identical initial velocity of, for example, 412.3 feet per second in 100 shots. Which is clear to everyone that it is unattainable in the world of airsoft.
During my years as a sniper in the Special Forces, I had the opportunity to learn and learn the ins and outs of ultra-long-range sniper shooting. World Reorder Autos never use ammo taken from the ammo box given by the unit commander. Everything is done after thorough analyzes by a whole team of engineers in physics, thermodynamics, kinetics, etc. Prolonged tests are carried out in which the amount of gunpowder in the case, the ideal shape of the bullet, the ideal ratio between the weight of the bullet and the gunpowder, the brand and class of the gunpowder are determined, and often, powders of the class Nitro Express 500, 600 and above are used.
Вut there the results of the tests and the calculations make sense because a practically ideal and identical velocity of the bullet and the muzzle energy are being chased, because with firearm snipers this is possible thanks to the hard physical constants.
For us airsoft geeks, the technology of the weapons we use are more closely related to toys than to weapons. We should not expect miracles of range and accuracy from our "beloved toys". The results such as accuracy and durability with airsoft replicas that some of us have achieved are perhaps at the limit and even beyond of the capabilities of the airsoft technology itself. A hop up can never replace a rifled barrel, even the heaviest and most precisely made BB's can't even compare to lead pellets in air guns or .22 caliber firearms for sport shooting, the energy that gives gunpowder or pumped up to 320 bar PCP rifle can never be achieved by our airsoft systems.
In conclusion: the pursuit of results beyond the limits of the known will always command respect and respect in many people, but in the end our sleepless nights and hundreds of hours spent in workshops and in front of computers, as well as the heaps of money we constantly invest in realizing our ideas actually they don't have much use in real airsoft battles, not to say - almost none. But it's still very nice when things work out for you ;-)
Here is a photo from today's shooting with one of my DMRs. Distance 100 feet ; cardboard size 10 x 5 inches; number of shots 140 (two mid cap magazines for M4). 100 feet is not a very long distance, but the feeling that the ball goes where you point it brings incomparable pleasure. Cheers guys!!!

Art Wood Tints and shades Font Facade

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
.I forgot to specify that the BBs were of course Accuracy International of ASG with a weight of 0.43 grams. no weighting and grouping - straight out of the jar ;-) For a 100ft distance as you can see from the picture this is obviously not necessary

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
Thank you @Cripplegunner for comprehensive answer. I was afraid that you suddenly disappeared after non writing here for a while :)

Of course - I understand that its just an airsoft and it can't be as accurate as fire weapons or PCP rifles, BUT it makes me really happy and smile when I can improve something and make for example accuracy from 10x10 inch to ex. 7x7 inch. I know that we are close to limits of this sport accuracy, but its really interesting to try push border further and further and try to improve it as much as possible. You previosly mentioned, that you group your BB's on groups like: 1 : 0.472 - 0.475 / 2 : 0.476 - 0.480 / 3 : 0.481 and above. I propably use grouping close to yours (pic below). It makes me to insert ~70% BB's in middle "best group: yellow" and ~12% below(green) and 20% above(orange) this range. Also I can use wider range for middle yellow as "option2" and grab ~75% of all BB's - what you think? Wider range is more compensating scale error and allows us to avoid moving good BB's outside yellow box with bigger probability.

Also @Cripplegunner I have request for you :) I think it will be really helpfull and developmental for me and whole community on this forum :)

You mentioned, that you have 70m of pretty good conditions in old building coridor. Also you are a good traineed shoter, so let's say you can eliminate many errors of shooter and variables. So what I want from you? Take please A3 sheet, draw a black spot in the middle and hang it in distance like 60 or 70 meters. I saw you did amazing accuracy like all shots in 16x16 [cm] target, so A3 will give you rather big margin for error or changing of flight beween groups. And what next?
Zero your gun using 2 : 0.476 - 0.480, shot 10 times. Mark them in one color.
Shot 10 times using 1 : 0.472 - 0.475 and mark it another color.
Do the same for group 3 : 0.481 and above.

Obviusly during whole experiment aim in the same spot in the middle of sheet.

I'm really intrested what will be the results.

If it will be like option B - means that probably we only waste time and money with this sorting by $20 jewelery scale. If it will be look like option A - it really makes sense and its worthy. I will also do same test on the weekend so we can do a comparision of our results. Are you in @Cripplegunner ? ;)

View attachment 21287 View attachment 21290
Hi kociec .
My "disappearance" was due to a short stay in the cardiology department of the Military Hospital. I have had three heart attacks and from time to time I am taken in "for repairs"
Of course I'm "in". As soon as possible, when I feel better, I will deal with your "order".

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
1 . Instead of doing some rubber snails ;-) I am just using a tiny jar for blood samples like this ones on the photo :

Test tube Liquid Drinkware Fluid Personal care

2. This is exactly what I do : max 3 weight groups and only for shooting sessions above 50 meters

3. For me the exact weight si always standing in a second place in the list of importances . Always top important is the inner balance ( no bubbles inside, or heavier spots out of the core of the BB. If we have enough time to waste , why not ?! ;-) Factors as polishing, diameter, sphericity etc. does not play such a important role if we use top quality BB's . It is a public secret that 99.9 % of the Airsoft ammo is made in Taiwan or China mainland . But some brands like "Dragon balls" or " ninja tongue" ( Loool ) are made from cheaper polymers and with antique technology , so we should't expect from them to be on top . That's why they are 5-6 $ per 1 kg. :cool:

My three weight groups are usually 0.473-0.476 / 0.478 - 0.482 and 0.483 + ( Max Spread is between 0.473 and 0.486 g. for AI by ASG

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
Heya lads snipers !
Just minutes ago I've completed the task "ordered" by Kociec . Here are the results :

1 . Rifle Novritsch TAC 338 Limited edition Austria ; Scope "Night force" USA; ammo ASG AI divided in three weight groups : 0.473-0.476 g (pink) / 0.477-0.481 g (green) / 0.482-0.485 g (brown) ; range 70 m ( 77 yards ) Shooting from a bench rest . 30 shots . Vertical spread : 14.5 cm Horizontal spread : 11.5 cm . on target size A3.

Product Textile Sleeve Baby & toddler clothing Font

Font Rectangle Pattern Musical instrument Terrestrial plant

Rectangle Font Art Circle Pattern

1 . Rifle APS APM40A3 Extreme Power Edition China ; Scope "Bushnell" Germany ; ammo ASG AI divided in three weight groups : 0.473-0.476 g (pink) / 0.477-0.481 g (green) / 0.482-0.485 g (brown) ; range 70 m ( 77 yards ) Shooting from a bench rest . 30 shots . Vertical spread : 34.5 cm Horizontal spread : 25.5 cm . on target size A3.

Font Art Pattern Technology Circle

Paint Textile Rectangle Art Wood

Font Art Paint Circle Rectangle

Some conclusions :
1. Obviously, the investment for the Austrian replica ($1000) plus the American optics ($720) is more than justified given the results under identical conditions. I must note, however, that the $150 APS performed better than expected at this distance. Not a single cent has been invested in upgrades, only the optics for $135.

2. As if dividing the balls into three weight groups did not prove to be decisive for the grouping of shots with a weight of one of them. All 30 shots are fired aiming at the same point on the target with the heaviest at the bottom for the most part, the middle group holding the middle and the lightest group at the top.

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
If you shoot with the sniper in your hands without any support and lean on one knee, then we are talking about two types of shooting. If I tried to shoot without a stop with shrapnel lodged in my spine and two semi-paralyzed arms I would hardly be able to achieve your results, not even close to them. There is no sniper who can shoot from a standing or sitting position. High-precision long-range shooting is most often carried out from a prone position with a bipod support. If you don't have a bipod mounted on your sniper, it's very easy to put your backpack under the rifle with your jacket stuffed inside it, and put the backpack on a folding camping table, ironing board, or just on the hood of your car. By shooting without support you are not giving your sniper a chance to show his true qualities.
Regarding the two replicas: On my Novritsch, I have replaced the original 475 mm barrel with a 550 mm one and the M150 spring with an M180, for everything else the guys from Austria thought and did the work for me. I just changed the piston seals on the little Chinese APS , took off the Chinese grease and replaced it with Crosman silicone grease. Cleaning the barrel after each shooting session is mandatory. Everything else is the enjoyment of shooting ;-)

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
The phrase is too general for a precise answer, but if you mean airsoft high-precision sniping at long distances, then all the elements apply with full force both to the Barrett 82M .50 caliber firearm and to any airsoft sniper. And otherwise we know that the definition of airsoft games is "an imitation of military activity with toy replicas of real weapons" :unsure:. At Fort Benning Sniper School many years ago, after 6 months of training from 112 cadets from 32 countries, only 12 of us were certified. Or the proverb applies with full force: "Not every tree makes a flute". :cool: In most cases in airsoft games, it is enough to have a high ROF replica and more loaded magazines in the vest pockets. 1000 rounds per minute can make up for a lack of accuracy and high skill, but in sniping everything counts.

· Registered
VW Sharan
97 Posts
I was wondering about my accuracy and do you think that if my results using spring airgun hw95 are like pic below with knee unsupported position on 25m distance, is it possible that spread about lets say 40x40 cm on 70m using airsoft sniper with the same position is mainly my fault, not gun? On first look it seems to look like my fault is few centimeters and gun is much more. Basically I think my error isnt too big, Im not super shoter, but also not total beginner. I know there is place to my fault, but how much from this 40x40 can be my fault and how much is gun spread. It will be interesting to replace guns with @Cripplegunner and check who will shot better groups and check if it is an issue of gun or shoter...or both :)
To put it mildly, it is not serious to compare the capabilities of the two systems. We have already commented on it earlier here. We cannot expect a donkey to beat a racing stallion on the track. Here are pics how my Daystate PCP shooting at 100 m :

Automotive tire Circle Wood Recreation Rectangle

But these results are with supported rifle.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky

For the position from which you shoot, your results are not bad at all, but as I mentioned earlier, if you want to test the true capabilities of your weapon, you must provide it with ideal conditions, and only then will it become clear what you can count on from this replica. About a shooting match between us - Poland is a day's drive away, so I'll load the guns and come visit you :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts