Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think he's referring to fuzzy's post about the bolts going through the trigger box into the receiver.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
^^That's kinda what took me by surprise. Usually people can't wait to upgrade everything up top and then just try to get away with better sears in the bottom. You already have the most expensive thing; I'd get some new cylinder parts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huh? What doesn't fit?
If I tighten those screws all the way, the spring guide stopper doesn't go in the hole for it at the bottom of the gun in front of the trigger guard.

^^That's kinda what took me by surprise. Usually people can't wait to upgrade everything up top and then just try to get away with better sears in the bottom. You already have the most expensive thing; I'd get some new cylinder parts.
I was considering getting everything before the zero trigger, but it keeps rising in price, and never in stock domestically. Ordering from hon kong and japan is a pain in the ass. So I quickly bought that. Almost everything else is easily found domestically. Besides making $220 is a lot harder than making $50
for a piston and such.

Make sure that return spring hasn't lost its shape. Sometimes it can get bent out of shape.
I checked the spring it's fine.

Also, it's not slam firing anymore. But then sometimes it does randomly...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Is the end of the piston in good shape? It's hard to tell from the pics, but that's really the only thing that I could think of unless it's something in the trigger. It shouldn't be the trigger though since you said it only does it sometimes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Chances are you fixed your problem temporarily (and unintentionally) by removing the piston for the picture, and then turning the piston before placing it back into the cylinder.

The end portion of the piston which catches onto the piston sear (I call it the piston catch) was probably worn out. By turning the piston, your sears are now using a fresher piston catch area which has been unused and not worn out.

The random slam-firing is still caused by the piston catch ring not being uniformly round anymore. If it begins to bug you, a new piston should fix the problem given the detail you provided.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chances are you fixed your problem temporarily (and unintentionally) by removing the piston for the picture, and then turning the piston before placing it back into the cylinder.

The end portion of the piston which catches onto the piston sear (I call it the piston catch) was probably worn out. By turning the piston, your sears are now using a fresher piston catch area which has been unused and not worn out.

The random slam-firing is still caused by the piston catch ring not being uniformly round anymore. If it begins to bug you, a new piston should fix the problem given the detail you provided.
Alright thanks. I'll get a new piston ASAP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I find it helps the return if you polished the 2 sears that control the sensitivity of the trigger. So that when you start to pull the trigger...there's no friction and also the return would have less friction as well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.