Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people normally have the typical GBB pistols. But with a lot of info out on the net about GBB there really isn't a lot about NBB pistols.

I have honestly been looking at getting one of them here in the near future.

Pros....
Lot less moving parts
Less gas loss per shot
This means more shots per mag
Extremely quiet
Same look as a GBB pistol
Little to no muzzle jump between each shot

Cons.....
No cool kick when you fire
Not to many made
Hard to find
These two I am taking a stab in the dark with. I have been looking for a while and I have only been able to find the MK23.

So if you guys have any info or anything about NBB pistols, or experience with them lets hear it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Some of my friends got some NBB pistols to start off because they were less expensive. They actually performed really well, although not the best quality (they got them off of airsplat, so I wasn't expecting much in the first place).

When they broke they were really easy to break down and repair, easy to find O-rings. The #1 problem actually seemed to be O-rings slipping out of position.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
When they broke they were really easy to break down and repair, easy to find O-rings. The #1 problem actually seemed to be O-rings slipping out of position.
Interesting, I always thought that NBB's were harder to take down. What O-rings are you referring to? The ones in the mags or? Reason I ask is because I am currently experimenting with a mag that has a loose large O-ring. I am using blue loctite to seal the gaps and keep it in place.

And as far as NBB's go, I always wanted one, but they are so scarce that I felt I had to look the other way. In fact, the only decent NBB I have seen is the TM mk23 which is out of stock most of the time. Almost grabbed one a few months back off a forum member, but the lack of available mags made me hesitate.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
bobgengeskahn said:
Interesting, I always thought that NBB's were harder to take down. What O-rings are you referring to? The ones in the mags or? Reason I ask is because I am currently experimenting with a mag that has a loose large O-ring. I am using blue loctite to seal the gaps and keep it in place.
Use red or black RTV. Take the mag down, apply a decent sized amount of RTV to the o-ring and put it back together. It'll take 24 hours or so to dry, so don't put gas in until you've hit at least 24 hours drying time. All RTV is is a silicon based adhesive, so it won't damage anything.

With that said, I'm assuming you're referring to the large o-ring on the base plate, if not, disregard this post.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I have seen a few of the TM MK23 pistols, but being as I already have a 1911 Serpa Holster. So am trying to find a nice 1911 if at all possible. That and I really don't care if it is metal or polymer, that is as long as it is a good build and everything.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Thanks Dutton, I was indeed referring to the large o-ring on the base plate. ;)

And woogie, check out shortyusa. They should have a few NBB's, it least more than I have seen on other airsoft sites in the U.S. Not sure how good of quality they are, but for around $70+ it is worth a shot.

P.S. Woogie, just saw your sig.
Now how long has that been there?

·
Registered
807 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
bobgengeskahn said:

And as far as NBB's go, I always wanted one, but they are so scarce that I felt I had to look the other way. In fact, the only decent NBB I have seen is the TM mk23 which is out of stock most of the time. Almost grabbed one a few months back off a forum member, but the lack of available mags made me hesitate.
I was referring to the magazines. The ones that I have taken apart were really simple. The top of the mag was held together by only one or two screws, and then the hammer valve assembly just slid out exposing the O-Rings and the reservoir in the mag. From there it was a lot of small parts. I have never tried to take apart the actual gun portion of one, although I can't imagine it would be that complicated since all that is really there is the barrel and a hammer...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maruzen makes a P99 NBB that seems pretty good, though different sites have different details on it.

Airsplat says 300 fps, 27 round mag and a full metal slide. Shorty says 350 fps, 27 round mag and polymer externals. ASGI says 360 fps, 18 round mag and polymer externals. Only site that has it in stock is airsplat. (and for almost $200)

Reviews are also rather sparse...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a one good old nbb made by KHC. It's an old manufacturer and should not be mixed with UHC or KCS. The pistol itself is was an M9, but it got shot to pieces in one game (plastic frame) so I had to come up with something. Rather than throwing the thing to the garbage bin, I bought broken silencer and made an integrated silencer for the pistol. Idea was to cover the broken slide/frame and still have some room for the foam. Not as quiet as TM mk23, but still a good challenger. Looks somewhat as a flare gun, and has a horrible paint job but works like a wonder. Shoots about 100-120 m/s (about +300 fps). Also it has an adjustable hopup The reason I'm so fond to this pistol is how it can run on the cold weather.

The ugly thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.