Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little stuck on just what i should purchase. I was thinking Maybe a DMR, Because If you are In risk of being over-run a DMR allows you to sqweeze off shots quicker then a bolt action sniper rifle.
However, I've seen amazing work done with bolt action sniper rifles.
But, Bolt action are cheaper then a full DMR depending on what you plan on getting. So In all reality I would get a bolt action L96.

Or

Now I already have a G&G GR-16 Lower reciever that includes the GR-16 Gearbox and motor, Pistol grip that house's the motor (Duhhh...) And a MOD stock from when I used it for CQB. Would It be better to "UP" the fps by installing a new spring considering it shoots at 330 FPS, Then by the full M16 Stock and install it on instead of the orginal stock. I would then purchase a DMR top reciever Includeing rails and barrel.

What would be the best idea?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The most powerful platform I've ever heard of was a BASR. Spring powered rifles have a lot of mechanical potential, not to mention a lot of available parts and 'skeletons' are out there as well. A BAR10 will run you around $100, and you can do with it what you may to get it running how fast and long you want.

On the other hand, though, AEGs do have the mass of firepower that BASRs do sorely lack, but often field rules will hinder your AEG's power because of its automatic fire, so the real variable is how often you want BBs to leave your gun.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I personally like having a BASR, with a good accurate sidearm. With a bit of tuning and work, especially an R-hop, you can make a pistol or SMG quite capable of giving you a bit of semi-auto/full-auto firepower to get you out of a sticky situation. They still sorely lack in terms of ammo capacity to AEG's though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally like having a BASR, with a good accurate sidearm. With a bit of tuning and work, especially an R-hop, you can make a pistol or SMG quite capable of giving you a bit of semi-auto/full-auto firepower to get you out of a sticky situation. They still sorely lack in terms of ammo capacity to AEG's though.
I picked up a KWA ATP about two months ago I have 3 extended mags for it. ;)
So considering the side arm I carry, I might go with a Springer. :yup:

·
Administrator
6,261 Posts
Both kind or rifles are fun to use and play, a factor you need to consider is the fields you play and your style.
If you have bug fields then a BASR might be better cause it has bigger range, but the semi auto function is good as well cause you can put faster rounds down range.
I enjoy both DMR and sniper play...though some times I prefer more the DMR role cause you're more active.

Wolf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.