Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys its been awhile, I gave up sniping awhile back but came back because these are the only rifles that don't break on me. OK, so I need a new rifle and I have no clue where to start. I'm open to any suggestions but I have been looking at gas snipers for awhile. The G&G G96 caught my attention because its gas and easy for me to cock since I am a lefty. Is there anything else out there gas wise that wouldn't break my bank? My limit is about $250. Any answers would help, thanks.
Also mods sorry if this is the wrong section for this question.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
VSR-10 with a tightbore, scope and bipod will be good.
If you go in to the VSR section there is a thread on making it left-handed.

If you go for the KJW, get a tight bore as it's standard barrel is 6.10.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Just remember that you are going to have to do upgrades to the gas rifle, much like you would with a spring rifle. After you get all of the parts the prices are going to be around the same to be honest. Especially when it comes to a nice air rig, and rifle parts.

I have been talking to my group, and I may be switching over to more of a DMR, as our games go fairly quick, and with the gas rifle I am building. So I am in kind of the same boat you are here as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is an air rig necessary for the KJW m700? I know its gonna break my bank and I only have enough for the rifle until my m60 or m4 sells. Also DMR's aren't allowed at my field so its going to have to be bolt action, unless I can get a DMR accurate at a good distance while still remaining under 400fps.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well it isn't necessary, but if you don't have it you will have very inconsistent shots as your fps will drop after each shot until the mag is changed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.