Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hits a person at least 200 ft away.

Im looking for a accurate air soft sniper rifle that hits a human at 200 ft at least.
Ive watched so many youtube videos trying to find an accurate sniper rifle, but I cant find one that am I willing to buy.

All I want is for it to be accurate, other than that if its quiet that would be nice.
No more than $300. THANKS!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hurr durr. Read the rules. Make intro post etc. I would like to have some many things but I cant. First of all so you just basically need a good sniper rifle? Accurate, powerful and quiet. How accurate you want it to be? How about you read this forum a bit, do some research and then ask questions. Basically your doing it wrong.

A rifle than can do these things:
-accurate range 200 feet or 60 meters (not the max range)
-can hit that distance torso size target
-is less than a 300$

I would say it can't be done with a ease. I don't know a rifle that cheap that could shoot that accurate straight out of the box. Maybe with little tuning some maruzen type 96 clone could do it, but I'm not a expert on these new clone rifles. Some shoot very good some are just pure crap.

·
Registered
205 Posts
200ft is what? About 60+ yards I think...
Any bog standard TM VSR will hit out to that distance without trouble. My G-Spec did, my SunProject M40XB does (standard gun with no mods), my A&K SVD does (about it's limit to be honest) and all the cheap Chinese clones I've had have all hit five out of ten without too much bother.

Throw some extra cash at any gun and it'll hit targets at that distance all day long...
Most snipers on here will have guns that can reach out to over twice your specified range.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What? You mean you can shoot with your 300 fps tm vsr over 60 yards, umm no. Some basic cyma aeg have more fps than that and still can't hit that far and I'm not even speaking about the accuracy Maybe if you angle your weapon in some silly angle, but that's just stupid.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A man sized target at 60 yards is very do-able.
I use old CD's as targets at 25 and 40 yards and get hits 7 out of ten (average).
For 45 and 50 yards I'd use A4 sized targets and get same results.
This is all done outdoors using a bipod or sandbag, using nothing lighter than .28 bb's. Admittedly It will take a shot or two to get the range right.
I've nothing to gain by my claims. If Mr evilfish thinks I'm a liar, well that's up to him.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Please make an intro post. And evil fish, just because a rifle doesn't have much fps doesn't mean that it can't go far, that is all up to the hop-up, and TM has the best. This point is proven with their pistols, they have around 260 fps and can still hit man sized targets out to at least 100 feet even with >5in barrels.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No, I'm not saying you're a liar but you have estimated the range wrong. 100 yard shot are some what legendary with +500 fps rifle and I have read a one 125 yard shot which was made by tilting the rifle in a ridicules angle and shooting many rounds with hi-power rifle and that was it's absolute max range.

Here is a little simulation made by a program made just for airsoft. Here you can see the trajectory of 0.28bb, tilted 2 degrees (or 120 moa) and with hopup tuned that it would have the best/flattest trajectory and still it's a rainbow. The bb had max height of 170cm The energy what I chose was the Absolute maximum that the not upgraded vsr could have (due to Japanese law, it's actually little bit less) and this is for the max range. Maximum range and accurate range are not the same thing.

This is not a personal attack against you, blackfoot. But shooting accurately with stock vsr to that yardage is not even at close to normal standard. So you should not give a wrong expectation. Calm down.

EDIT: Well yeah, I know about the hopup but it works for certain point. Hopup just redirect the kinetic energy to angular momentum which in a way substitutes shooting in a angle. Not saying you can't shoot that far I'm saying it's not accurate fire.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Even real guns shoot an arc, and they seem to do fine at long range. Of course range is relative to weight and speed of a projectile, but still, just because it shoots in an arc doesn't make it inaccurate.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well maybe we have a different meaning for acuarcy. For me the accurate range is where the trajectory is flat and there I zero the scope. Then when the target is farther away than the zero I start to use the mildots for compensation. The zero is in the 60-70 yard mark and with the compensation I would shoot to 70-100 yards. Well my bad

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
You cannot really expect a airsoft rifle of any kind to be pin point accuracy right out of the box. However, improvements can be made my doing simple DIY mods that can both increase range and accuracy, as well as "quietness".

Like Silent said, a nice clone that can have a lot of work done to it, has numerous guides available, and an abundance of upgrades parts, would be the UTG l96. There are some good DIY mods out there that can help make the rifle more effective out of the box, as well as some upgrades in your price range as well. The beauty is it can be upgraded over time.

However, rifles such as the Maruzen l96 and TM vsr-10 have proved more reliable as these are simply higher quality rifles out of the box.

Either route, gun, etc. you take, its going to take some work, money, and time to achieve great results. I can tell you right now the UTG l96 out of the box is not accurate at 200 feet, but most rifles out of the box are not.

P.S. 800th post

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ill sell you my Barrett

Anyways, a quality airsoft sniper takes a whole lot of money to reach a good level of precision out to the longer ranges. To get 100yard shots on a man sized target you will need at least 600 into the rifle(if bought new) and even then it will probably not even reach a 1:3 hit:miss ratio on a stationary target under PERFECT conditions with a heavy BB, amazing hop up unit, and a good bit of lobbing(around 2ft above target) Maybe if this were a fat guy you were trying to hit things would be different but..... ;)

100yd shots are easily doable in my opinion but that is with a high end rifle probably retailing a total of around triple-quadruple the price you were looking for. A gun accurate at just under 70yds would not be too far off in price to that kind of a rifle either.

It seems like the general consensus is go by a VSR(or APS2 model rifle, anything nice as well as upgradable) and build it up to your standards over time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
To the OP.

I have two guns that can accomplish what your looking for. I own them both and I know for a fact that they will both preform to your range, and within your budget.

The first is my Echo1 ASR. With the base gun, plus the upgrade kit, PDI hop up chamber, A madbull barrel, and Firefly bucking, and lastly a 3-9x40 scope Im well under 300 $ And Im on torso at about 240ft currently with Madbull .30G bbs.

The second gun I have is a WEll G96D Gas sniper rifle. Out of the box its shooting 577fps with .20g bbs. Im having a consistancy issue still as this was a boneyard purchase, but I know that with a new (good) bucking this gun will be more consistant on target. FPS is solid though so Im sure that the issue is in the bucking. However this gun is reaching out every bit as far and as hard as my Echo1.

The Echo1
115$ for the gun.
35$ UPgrade kit
35$ Barrel
60$ PDI
25$ bucking
25$ scope
295$ total

WELL G96D
250 for the gun
25$ bucking.
275$ total.

And the good word on the street is that the new Echo1 gun is fantastic out of the box. Without checking, I think its called an M28 ? I think. Anyway these days there are great guns out there that can get you out to 200ft at about 6/10 on torso. You dont "have" to spend 600 - 1000 dollars any more. Ofcourse your in a different league than those good ol 1000$ guns too. Keep that in mind, be realistic and have fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get a JG Bar 10. R-hop it --- If you don't feel comfortable r-hopping, you can buy an r-hopped barrel from evike. I linked 2 options for barrels in the cost breakdown. If you wanna rhop yourself, feel free to get any aeg barrel you want. Get a prommy purple bucking for good airseal. Get the pdi hopup chamber. This will get you a rifle that shoots 200ft EASILY. You can get a better nozzle if theres any leftover funds as well. Then you can start working on the cylinder/sears for more power.

Rifle- $105:
https://www.evike.com/products/28628/

Hop up chamber-$72:
https://www.evike.com/products/69954/

Barrel 1- $105:
https://www.evike.com/products/28628/

Barrel 2- $65:
https://www.evike.com/products/66789/

Bucking- $15:
https://www.evike.com/products/31081/

Total- $297 or $247 depending on which barrel you choose. The remaining $50 you can use for a scope or a nozzle. That setup will get you 225ft at least no problem. Then I would save up and replace the cylinder/piston/spring/sears all at once, if you want to upgrade even further.

The most important thing is to use quality bbs. Get some nice .36g bbs or heavier. Even if they're 3x the cost of .25s, it's still better value because you'll be shooting a whopping 1rps if your quick, vs 20ish rps on an aeg, so they last MUCH longer.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
You both realize you just posted in a thread that has not been active sense 2011 right? Which is in violation of our board rules...

Reactions: Reliku and bmr3
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.