Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am breaking into the marksman role, and got an event in April and need to order serviceable bbs soon. My gun, when we finish fiddling with it, should be in the 550fps range.

But, now I need advice on brands and weights of bbs. I figure I will have to experiment with it a while, but I would like to skip the step of getting crap bbs that make me have to fix my piece.

So, I am all ears.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
(in order of best to worst in my opinion)
bioval
Maruzen Super Grand Master
Goldenball
G&G
Madbull

I'd recommend anything above .35g, but the bioval's are an exception. ;)

And why haven't you made an introduction post yet!?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would go for .40g madbulls they are beige/cream in colour but anything over .30 would do :D
I personally use .36 madbull bbs in my L96 460fps at the last crono test) but they are green and a bit of a pain to set the hop as they are almost invisible (good for shooting people with out them seeing where it is coming from) >:D

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
I'd stick to MiloXC3 list... And I'd suggest 0.40g bbs.

Biovals are .27g but they are superb! Even they are clear you can see them easily especially if it's a sunny day! They glow but only you can see that!!

Wolf

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses already.

I have not posted in the introductions because I did not see the category.

My crew usually uses GoldenBall, but my gunsmith said he has always had problems with their drying hopups or something. Anyone else have that?

·
Registered
354 Posts
field rules sound the same as mine, I have heard good things about the biovals but never tried them personally. Madbull tan .4's are what I use and i am running 600 fps. Hope this helps. I am sorry but personally the bbbastard bb's are overpriced and not that special IMO

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
field rules sound the same as mine, I have heard good things about the biovals but never tried them personally. Madbull tan .4's are what I use and i am running 600 fps. Hope this helps. I am sorry but personally the bbbastard bb's are overpriced and not that special IMO
It sure does. I am not a total fool, but just knowing what sort of bbs people reliably use helps me plenty.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Me and my mate both use .3 Biovals in our 450 fps VSRs, we are currently waiting to get some of their .4s to try out.

I also rate SGMs as well as Guarder .28s for similar results at a cheaper cost.

As for .4s pretty much all of them are shocking amounts of sh!t, we've tryed several different manufacturers now and all appear to be as crap as the other.... they really could'nt hit the broad side of a barn! Despite my soaking and thoroughly washing them and cleaning out my barrel. I set my EMR and VSR to shoot them as straight/level as possible and then, just to see what would happen, swapped to Guarder .28s and the groupings closed up by around 5ft at maximum range, despite the slight over hop with the lighter round! ...... to be honest everyone used to slate Digicon Straights, but from what I'm witnessing down my scope they were head and shoulders above the crap thats being produced today!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is interesting. Down this way coloured balls have a very bad reputation for jamming guns, and I got to thinking about it. I noticed many players (in the particular lack of respect for materials I often witness), rather just leave their crap everywhere and anywhere. If you heat a bunch of black balls in the sun and then send them through a tight system . . .

Not to say, Vindicare, that you are the kind of idiot proposed above, but do you think that there is a chance you could have gotten some swelling from the sun? I never got to run a test on it myself, so how much sun induced swelling could affect things is total conjecture on my part.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, the game day where I will field this beast is zoming up, and I have to get to ordering gun food. I found some 0.32 Golden Balls at a reasonable price.

I am taking them [to a woodland], and we do not have much new-growth foliage yet.

Anyone have and last warnings about these for me?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.