Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
If your compression in the cylinder is good, then just get a good bucking and good ammo. .30 to .40 is where I would go. I prefer .40 in my rifles. 200ft is very easy to get with a bone stock rifle if you do some basic do it yourself mods. I dont knkw what type of nub it uses on the hopup arm, but I know the vsr and M28 both have those horrible fangs that just poke thru the bucking making holes. Personally I dont get why they went that route. So, with my rifles I cut them fangs off and glue on rubber nubs from an aeg or soft rubber casing from aeg wiring. The squishier the better in my opinion. I also prefer a soft bucking, no matter what the fps is. Softer just grips better and in all my years, I have never once ripped a soft bucking. My rifles always get great range and accuracy. Make some inner barrel spacers from masking tape. NOT ELECTRICAL TAPE, cause e tape gets gooey when its warm and will slide and just not hold. Some say e tape it the way to go, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I used e tape, its unraveled, and just left a gooey, sticky residue. Duct tape is not a lot better, but I would use that before I would mess with e tape. Best tape I have used is masking tape.

I do not use tightbore, not widebore inner barrels. I prefer stock brass. If I were to replace my stock brass, I go no tighter than a 6.05, and no wider than a 6.08... I am certain a few will argue against me, but I dont care haha.. The proof is in the pudding, and my pudding is badass lol.. Many will direct you to a buttload of aftermarket upgrade parts and swear that upgrading a bolt rifle is super expensive. I personally do not agree, I am a cheapskate, and have made my rifles shoot amazingly without needing to spend much money at all. The funny thing is, I make pistons for a living, and my Vsr is still rocking a stock piston haha.. I just installed a better fitting o ring, and used a little teflon tape on the cylinder head threads. When I hand my rifle off at games to show off, never once have I seen someone not grin ear to ear and make comments about it shooting further than any rifle they have ever shot. :tup: Yeah, even other snipers... lol..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.