Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering I may be getting a Tanaka in the future, I figure iImay as well put a USMC Sniper load out, But from NAM'

Ive already got the ALICE and correct BDUs, Now i just need the rifle and optic. Rifle will be a Tanaka USMC M40A1, i just need to find a replica of the correct, or near correct scope.

During Vietnam, thy used the Redfield 3

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
metallicafatcat said:
Pfft... That's pocket change.....

That really just looks like any regular scope. Just buy a modern one which resemble it and paint it. Also I like the old sniper loadout Idea but I hate the way everybody makes it a marine sniper thinking they are the best out there, cause quite simply, they're not, english marines are trained for longer and are trained better (thats just what I was told by an army guy in the north of Ireland and my uncle who is big into military factions or what ever) I'm not sayi g you are thinking this Im just saying in general thats what a load of people are like.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Mgunner said:
metallicafatcat said:
HOLY SHIT!

Grass, I know they arnt the best, but I figured "hell, if I have an M40A1, why not make a USMC load out?" Want trying to step on anyone's internet toes.
That's why I said "not you though" or something along those lines. I am not annoyed at you, I was just pointing out That OTHERS a lot of the time think, OMFG MARINE SCOUT SNIPERS R TEH BESTEST IN DA FRIGGAN WORLD omg omg omg. You know what I mean? Lol. Again not you and I am looking forward to this loadout. Actually you'd go great at my site because they love veitnam games here and they all wear tigerstrip BDUS.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
inthetallgrass said:
[quote author=mcgrundleftw board=gear thread=3209 post=28489 time=1312334404]

That's why I said "not you though" or something along those lines. I am not annoyed at you, I was just pointing out That OTHERS a lot of the time think, OMFG MARINE SCOUT SNIPERS R TEH BESTEST IN DA FRIGGAN WORLD omg omg omg. You know what I mean? Lol. Again not you and I am looking forward to this loadout. Actually you'd go great at my site because they love veitnam games here and they all wear tigerstrip BDUS.
I saw that after, forgot to edit my post. Anyway, Tigerstripe is pretty frigging awesome, and is what I wear if Im not wearing a ghillie. Also, for a tip to everyone, ALICE gear beats the hell out of a battle belt. sure its the same idea, but ALICE is wayyyyy cheaper.

I noticed the mount on the scope look firmilar, but I couldnt figure out what it was. Not that it matters, couldn't buy a $5K rifle scope anyway. Need clone NAO ><

·
Registered
152 Posts
Isn't the mount in that picture just the standard rail that's already on the Tanaka?
Fairly sure it looks like it, and I'd say just go with a scope that looks similar and leave it at that. I doubt there's a specific clone of that scope

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cerbo Knight said:
Nah, don't think it'd be possible unless you mean me slipping while trying to engrave?
The receiver is really solid, and If I don't like it I can always fill it in and spray over it after
True, engraving doesn't really take away all that much material. I say do it if you think it will look good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.