Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to airsoft, just bought a Krytac CRB. Love the gun, just a couple little things I need help with. My ultimate gole is to make it a DMR style gun.

- Video of internals.

1 - My BB's were shooting off to the right after about 15 yrds. So I went to Airsoft extreme, and the guys recommended I get a new longer barrel. Now I have a 'Maple Leaf TB 370mm' and its still shooting off to the right. The guys changed the barrel really fast and I noticed the stock barrel has a ring and this barrel does not and it was a little wobbly, so I tried to shim the Barrel (see pics) to reduce vibrations and see if that would help as well as play around with the hopup, #8 seems to be the best setting. Any ideas for what to do to make my bb's shoot more stright for a longer distance?

2 - I want a higher fps, the krytac has a quick change spring set up and metal gears. The AirsoftTech was saying an M130-40 (not sure exactly what that stands for) would be good without having to buy crazy after market parts. Again what I'm going for is a DMR style gun, I'm ok with not using full auto as long as I can get around a 420fps with good accuracy up to at least 100 yrds. (unless I should be getting better, again I'm new and don't know what it should be)

Again the most important thing I want is to fix is the gun shooting off to the right. To give you an idea of how far off to the right it goes, if I'm using the iron sights I have to aim with the furthest right post/prong on top of the iron sight.
\I/ pretend that is the top of the iron sight, I have to aim with the right side, not the middle like it should be.

Thank you guys very much, any help is greatly appreciated!

- Vasco D.

P.S. - You cant really see in the photos because of the tape, but I I cut paper in little strpis 4 times and the folded them so they were 2 paper thick and used that to shim the barrel and now its pretty sturdy. I have not made any changes or even been inside of the internals of the gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
A new inner barrel won't fix BB's consistently going to one direction unless the barrel is bent.

Main question to ask here is does adding more hop make the problem worse? If so, that means either the barrel is slightly rotated, your bucking is worn out, or your nub is jammed and pushing too much on the right. I'd suggest tearing down your hopup assembly, cleaning it all out, putting it back together, and seeing if the problem is resolved.

If it is unaffected by hop, it might just be that the inner barrel has too much horizontal play at the tip or hopup side and shimming it with electrical tape or something similar might be all you need to fix it.

If you want to increase range and accuracy, flat hopping is VERY effective at doing so and costs basically nothing. Other low cost mods include shimming your hopup arm, hopup assembly, and barrel to make sure there is as little movement as possible (increases consistency). Also, you should be using .30g BB's and up at like 375+fps. That longer barrel they sold you won't help from a length standpoint, but it might be higher quality than the stock barrel (I don't know off the top of my head) so that's up to you if you're going to use it or not.

As for what spring to use, get a Prometheus M135 and call it a day. I've found Prometheus springs to be the most consistent I've used (I have an AEG shooting +/- <1 fps).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Like CrusherW9 said, check your hop-up and bucking.
-I had same this problem when i finished upgrading my SR25, the BB's was curving to the left after 30/40 yard or so. Just make sure your nub exactly in the center and you will get good result (i suggest you to use Fishbone /hopup spacer) this will prevent any error and force your bucking to be consistent.
-To reduce vibrations and completely end it (use Teflon tape).
-No AEG or any other airsoft gun with 500~550 fps can reach 100 yards (just forget this thing) max accurate range you can get 65 yards with 500fps. More than that barely you can hit target, You can push your range up to 85 yard but this range can be achieved from top building at lest level 6 aiming toward the ground as i did before, but when it come to the gameplay in airsoft field shooting horizontal you will never reach this range.
-Try to use heaver BB's as much as you can such as 0.36g or 0.40g (heaver bb's will give you more consistent shot).
May i know what is the new barrel you got and what bucking are using?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you both for the good reply's!
the gun is new, only about 5k rounds shot.
I just changed the barrel, the new 'Maple Leaf TB 370mm' only has about 200 shot from it.
I feel like the guy at the shop changed it really fast, I also noticed he didn't 0 out the hop up (my hop up knob has numbers. 0-15) when he changed the barrel and I feel you should 0 it before you change a barrel. And there is was no ring or anything to keep it barrel from wobbling a little. when I take it apart to look at the hop up I will use Teflon tape to shim it.
As far as fixing the hop up, # 1-5 the bb's go down after a short distance. #'s 6-8 seems to be the best, shoots forward and to the right a little 15-30yrds before it curves off to the left or up. #'s 8 and up the bb's go straight about 15yrds and then drastically curv up and LEFT.
to give you an idea, I have had my gun mounted solid on something so it couldn't move and it was aligned perfectly straight with the target, at 30 yrds, the bb would land about 3 inches off to the right, but if it was at 50+ yards it would land a couple inches off to the left.
So when it leaves the barrel the bb goes forward (but off the the right side, almost as if the barrel is bent, but it did it with the stock and the new barrel) and then at bout 40ish yards it curs hard to the left.
Could either one of you send me a link of a video that you think is the best way to fix my hop up please? or a form that explains how to go about it in detail. again I have a Krytac trident CRB.
Thank you both for the help
Vasco.

In the picture I drew below, the black is the distance, left side 25 yrds, right side 50, yrds. the black line in the middle is where its aiming and should be the flight path it takes, and the green dotted line is the flight path it is taking.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think you need to adjust your rear iron sight
On the right side is an adjustment for windage , right to left
On the left side is for trajectory , up and down

When you get your iron sights adjusted , then adjust your red dot

Curving left could be the bucking , but it could also be wind
I replaced my AK short barrel last week with a 363mm and it is still curving right and left after 40m , I will pull it apart and check it this week.
But I am limited to .20gm bbs for electric guns
My VSR flys straight with .33gm bbs

So I would suggest buying heavier bbs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@crusherw9 I went to my local airsoft store and they put a m130 spring in there and the fps actually dropped. I'm taking it there to day to drop it off so they can do the work it needs so the spring works. Most likely something with the piston compression. Thank you for you're help!
@rvl I don't have any iron sights on it, I will make sure to have them check the bucking and hopup and everything while they have my gun. In a week or 2 when its finished ill get back to you guys with an update! thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts