Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm building a new subweapon using low fps spring on p90.
Goal is to make trigger as snappy as possible while being quiet, below is the recipe.

shs high torque motor
shs 13:1
M90 spring
11.1v lipo

I wonder if there is any better combination of motor and gear, since I has not updated myself much since last year and so many new motors has come out.
I would like to dsg them but does not want to mess up the one and only working tapet plate I have, so no dsg.

Any help is appreciated, thx in advance.

Edit :
I just recheck many information about current trend on torque motor and maybe change to Ifrit 25k motor instead of shs ht.
Anyone here have bad experience with ifrit 25k motor?

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,476 Posts
I'm building a new subweapon using low fps spring on p90.
Goal is to make trigger as snappy as possible while being quiet, below is the recipe.

shs high torque motor
shs 13:1
M90 spring
11.1v lipo

I wonder if there is any better combination of motor and gear, since I has not updated myself much since last year and so many new motors has come out.
I would like to dsg them but does not want to mess up the one and only working tapet plate I have, so no dsg.

Any help is appreciated, thx in advance
This is probably a good idea:
Remove the linkage system entirely. Replace with a microswitch. Trigger should be much better.

in terms of the setup you have, should work fine. The problem is though, that you have a quickly cycling gun with a low powered spring. This is practically asking for preengagement.
In order to avoid this, lighten your piston, get a heavier spring and shortroke.
Also, aren't P90 tappets fairly common? At least that's the case where I live.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the cyma P90 and I JUST got the Krytac p90 (literally got it today). My guess is if you're upgrading, you aren't on the krytac train. I've been tinkering with the cyma p90 for nearly a year and while I like the compactness, there is a number of things you may find problematic.

Your parts list is fine, but as blackdog saids, you need to some how upgrade the trigger system. But even with off the shelf trigger system, the cyma P90 will suffer from long trigger pulls, which would effectively slow your tigger pull/response.

A secondary issue is the mags. I have the Mag P90 mags (yes...the brand is call mags, super confusing), they were considered the best (prior to krytac releasing theirs) and my experience with them was still "meh". I can't get it to fire properly beyond 70 -90 bb filled (even thought it's suppose to hold 140bbs). Avoid high cap mags altogether for the P90, it will jam on you.

I don't want to deter you from getting a P90, I just want you to know what you're signing up for:
low mag bb count
longer trigger pull than m4 platform

Reactions: lycoris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remove the linkage system entirely. Replace with a microswitch. Trigger should be much better.
in terms of the setup you have, should work fine. The problem is though, that you have a quickly cycling gun with a low powered spring. This is practically asking for preengagement.
In order to avoid this, lighten your piston, get a heavier spring and shortroke.
Also, aren't P90 tappets fairly common? At least that's the case where I live.
I have made a home made EFCS unit (arduino) with Gate PicoAAB for this so it should be fine, but I did forgot to lighten my piston, thank you for your advice.

I have the cyma P90 and I JUST got the Krytac p90 (literally got it today). My guess is if you're upgrading, you aren't on the krytac train. I've been tinkering with the cyma p90 for nearly a year and while I like the compactness, there is a number of things you may find problematic.
Yes, this is a preparation for Krytac P90. I'm on the same train.
In my country Its hard to get krytac internal parts that's why I need to save that tappet plate.
Maybe If I could have a picture of the krytac tappet plate from you so that I could determine part compatabilities? (length, width, shape is appreciate)

A secondary issue is the mags. I have the Mag P90 mags (yes...the brand is call mags, super confusing), they were considered the best (prior to krytac releasing theirs) and my experience with them was still "meh". I can't get it to fire properly beyond 70 -90 bb filled (even thought it's suppose to hold 140bbs). Avoid high cap mags altogether for the P90, it will jam on you.
I use MAG magazine too. Mine feed fine and I could filled in like 160 bbs in it, but mine were TM base p90 with TM tappet plate and nozzle.
I once have the same problem with double bell P90 (DSG) too, and the problem is that the BBs spring was so hard that it push down the nozzle so much it could not travel to the end.
I cut the magazine spring a little, sand down the nozzle for like 0.5mm, use a stronger tappet spring.
before it couldn't feed properly from 80bbs but after the modification It could feed ok at around 110bbs. 130 or more would still have a problem though.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
I would get an m-trigger unit from srairsoft. The new gen 4 looks pretty sweet and is compatible with the krytac for the most part. https://www.srairsoft.com/electronics/p90-m-trigger-gen-4

If you already have a solution then cool, but this is more for a future reference and anyone looking to upgrade the trigger. Guess I am going to contact them about that upgrade discount. I want the new things.

The MAG mags have 2 springs in them. I posted a photo showing that.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

Every last one of the 10 I have all have this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would get an m-trigger unit from srairsoft. The new gen 4 looks pretty sweet and is compatible with the krytac for the most part. https://www.srairsoft.com/electronics/p90-m-trigger-gen-4

If you already have a solution then cool, but this is more for a future reference and anyone looking to upgrade the trigger. Guess I am going to contact them about that upgrade discount. I want the new things.
I need to check on krytac internal first since mine haven't arrived, but that m-trigger seem pretty cool I might order 1 just in case.
The empty mag cutoff feature was a must for me so I might wait a little bit until they update that though,
or maybe I can rewire the mtrigger and scram some cutoff switch there.

For me, the cutoff lever moving outside the gearbox is problematic because I fill so much foam inside the p90 stock that it's become harder for the lever to move.
So I'm now using my own diy EFCS unit that doesn't have moving mechanism outside gearbox.

I just recheck many information about current trend on torque motor and maybe change to Ifrit 25k motor instead of shs ht.
Anyone here have bad experience with ifrit 25k motor?

·
Registered
516 Posts
@lyroris

I'm confused...
What is your base P90?

krytac parts tend not to be cross compatible with other platforms. The krytac P90 cut off switch is an electronic cut off, it is not a mechanical system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My base is going to be Krytac.
I mean, Krytac P90 use cut off lever to push the digital switch so it somewhat mechanical? unlike gate titan (optical sensor) or ARES EFCS (magnetic hall sensor) that have no moving part outside gearbox.
It just my bad choice of word sorry to make you confuse.

·
Registered
516 Posts
@lyroris

Oh, I thought you were using a cyma P90 as your based gun....

This is my first krytac, so perhaps another can chime in. I've read multi post where krytac gear size is slightly different than shs gears, so if theP90 is the same way...you might not be able to drop that in as an upgrade.

Evike (one of our major US airsoft retailer) claimed that you can drop in a DSG gear in the p90...however they neglected to share which ones. (I was informed that it needs to be the laylax gears -but it's not confirmed)

time: 16:45

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my first krytac, so perhaps another can chime in. I've read multi post where krytac gear size is slightly different than shs gears, so if theP90 is the same way...you might not be able to drop that in as an upgrade.
That's was a devastating bad news... I hope Evike was right about the dsg drop in...

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,476 Posts
That's was a devastating bad news... I hope Evike was right about the dsg drop in...
Krytac gears are slightly offspec in their M4 style guns. This is largely because of the ambi safety. You can still use upgraded gears, just it can sometimes be a bit annoying to install and shim.
I don't see why they would have to use offspec gears in the p90 though.
DSG should work.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Well a gear is like $10 or whatever, so it wouldn't be a huge waste if it didn't fit.

Krytac is most definitely not making their own guns so I don't see why the manufacturer would use their ratchet ass gears as it would just make things harder than needed.
But being Krytac they may have made a dick move and made it take a different gear type, but that may be pushing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts