Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

So, im clearly very new to the sniper part of airsoft. My idea for a couple of months have been a m82 cuz it's so badass. But since it's so expensive, I will delay that thought. What I have stumbled on is the tanaka m40 =) I like U.S.M.C too :p

(http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...anaka_Tanaka_U_S_M_C_M40_with_Scope_Mount.htm)

Is this any good? (pros/cons)?

I heard alot of tanaka m700 to, but i want to know the difference.

I have alot of questions, but starting with some. (need to wake up about 5 hours ... -.- ' )

(Is tanaka the leading in sniper rifles? )

·
Registered
279 Posts
the tanaka m40 is a pretty cool weapon;tanaka has been known to produce high quality gas rifles;the finish is superb;full length;and has a solid feel;also prepare for the upgrade parts this gun will need;

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
The Tanaka's are good but being made of pot metal doesn't help in the durability part.
The hop up housing WILL break and they also have issues, I've worked on 4 and all had issues, the trigger box is a nightmare to work on, you'll need upgrades right out of the box to make it skirmishable which are pretty pricey.
Read a few threads at the Tanaka section ...

Wolf

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for answer =)

Following up..

Can someone recommend rifles here ? =)

Requirments:

good out of box (I mean prepared to upgrade + )
Good upgrade potential (easy to get upgrade)

·
Registered
184 Posts
The tanakas are good rifles if you have the time,money and know how to get them shooting well.Very few rifles have as good a feel as a tanaka.

For the best over all gun, a TM vsr or g-spec cant be beaten I would say.They feel bait cheaper,due to the weight.But preform better than any gun,when stock or upgraded.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so say a tanaka m40 or 700. will it be easy to get upgrades? i use redwolf alot. but have a feelibg they doesnt have it all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
All the tanaka rifles are the same internally its just looks, personally I'm not keen on the standard m700 stock as its a lot wider than say the m40.

As for the upgrades do them your self they will charge more for less bits,if you do it yourself you can be sure whats fitted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the TM v-spec -gspec i linked is pretty good ? =)

I will post a shopping cart list here later, with upgrades. Maybe somebody can confirm everything will fit etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then laylax, will come back later.. first some ghost recon :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rifle:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...les_Tokyo_Marui_Tokyo_Marui_VSR_10_G_SPEC.htm

Piston & Trigger
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo..._Trigger_NEO_CYLINDER_SET_for_Marui_VSR10.htm

Barrel:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo..._03mm_Inner_Barrel_for_VSR10_G_Spec_555mm.htm

Questions :

Apparently have alot of questions. This is pretty much every laylax thing on redwolf to the rifle.

Ty

·
Registered
184 Posts
You only need a 430mm barrel at most,this will require drilling out the silencer end cap though.
Spring guide is a good idea but not 100% needed,what ever people say.(I would get one if you can though)

The trigger unit is great, but you can go cheaper and just buy the piston and sears. But the zero trigger will give a smoother bolt pull due to the 90 degree sears

A sp150 laylax spring should get 500-550fps with good compression.

Only get the laylax hop chamber if you want to use age barrels,I would stick with the stock chamber.

The cylinder and bolt handle are not needed,just extras if you have the cash.
The cylinder head again isn't a must,I've always ran the stock one,but i taper the back myself and add dampeners or a large o-ring.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G-SPEC TM-VSR-GSPEC
Laylax PSS10 150 Spring for Marui VSR-10 series
Laylax PSS10 VSR-10 TN Barrel 6.03 (430mm)
Laylax PSS10 Ball Bearing Spring Guide for VSR10 / G- Spec
Laylax PSS10 Zero Trigger NEO CYLINDER SET for Marui VSR10
Laylax PSS10 Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head for VSR10 / G-Spec

Is my shopping cart until now.

Anyone got any more ideas? want to change or add something?

Any recommendation for scopes?

You only need a 430mm barrel at most,this will require drilling out the silencer end cap though.
This mean the barrel will go out of the silencer ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok, sounds great. Added 43. g madbull bullets on the list.. (which should be washed in coke light over night then soap ? )

Any recommandation on scopes?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.