Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a 55 gallon drum about 60-100feet from my house (never measured).

My hop up bucking was over hopping my .2g bbs even when it was all the way off. So I sent a message to leapers to get a replacement bucking which they sent to me for free. And actually sent me 2.

I put it in and it was still overhopping. So I took out the bucking and I flat hop modded it. Rotated it to be on a flat surface. I replaced the nub with a large bic pen inside because the piece that was in there was small and made of hard plastic. So I put in the bic pen thing to compensate for the loss of the little mound inside of the bucking.

Now im getting fliers everywhere. I have made it so it doesnt over hop. If I move it up a tiny bit it starts to over hop. Im getting left to right fliers. And sometimes the bbs just drop down before they even get there. Then on the next shot it will hit perfectly right where I was aiming.

The left to right might just be because do not have a bipod on my gun (I have an Ris rail down there for one. Just no money to buy one atm) so instead of proning I have been sitting in a lawn chair and using my porch railing as a bipod (Its flat. Not the one near the stairs) but im not understanding why they will sometimes just drop before they get there.

It could be the bbs im using. I believe they are .2 gram but I got them with my gun when I bought it on craigslist. So im not completely sure what gram they are. So should I just try a heavier bb or is there something I could do within the gun.

The gun is a UTG Master Sniper 5th Gen if that matters. And yes. I know I should have gotten a jg bar 10 or something lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would say, if the rifle goes past 500fps with .2 use .40-.43g bb's
400-500fps use .36g bb's, if below 400fps go for .28 or lighter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its right around 400 fps. I havent gotten it chronoed though. I just did the poormans chrono. It will break the top part it just wont break it all the way. It makes an indent and will crack the bottom of the indent. The bb doesnt get stuck it will just sit in the indent until i tip the can upside down.

·
Registered
384 Posts
BB weight is important, I agree with everyone else.

Very important question... What do you define as a flier? We need an idea of inches or some type of unit of measure.

I have a friend who once described his gun as VERY inaccurate because his gun had a 6 inch spread from 50 feet. His problem was actually his shooting technique :D When someone else shot that same gun the spread was 1.75inches :O

If the gun is still causing fliers after switching to higher gram bb's please update us here. There's a few other possible causes that I could just list right here, but I'd rather not post it if your problem was just bb's :D
:pop:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.