Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum so please forgive me if this is not in the correct spot I need help making a HPA DMR I haven't played airsoft in almost 10 years and want to get back but I have no clue where to start I have a budget of $1500 I would like to not spend that much but if it's going to get me a better gun I'm all for it the fps limit at the field I will be going to is 450fps with a .20 for DMRs I am not good at building guns so I also need pointed to a place that will build one for me I want to get the best gun possible I want it to shoot as far and as accurate as possible Im also not sure what weight BBs I should use I live in Colorado in case it will make a difference on what parts I may want to get I would greatly appreciate full builds the more in depth you go the better I feel like a complete noob again especially with this new HPA system

·
Banned
66 Posts
That's absolutely ridiculous, you can make a dmr for under 150$ that has an effective range of 250 ft while firing .28s at 340 fps(400 fps with .2s). Hell, why would you even buy an hpa in the first place, learn to work on aegs, they are dirt cheap to modify and repair and all the information is on like 3 forums and is extremely readily available. Who the hell knows how to repair or modify hpa and who cares, you could get 3 cyma aks back to back for the same price or you could just get 2 of them and then get a tech to make them shoot how you like them to shoot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
With .28's my BB's travel about 220-230ft before falling off. It would take an act of god to give you an effective range of 250ft with .28's let alone reaching that far in a straight line projectile. I can hit a still target at about 220ft without overhop if I aim up several feet, and that is in a bolt action. I would like to see proof that a $150 DMR, let alone a fully tuned HPA system, can fire to 250ft with .28g BB's. All accuracy aside, I do not believe that weight of BB's can physically achieve that range.

Edit: I figured I would also throw in some advice. The new(ish) wolverine reaper seems promising as it is a drop in engine for in-line nozzle guns with a closed bolt system. Closed bolt means the nozzle is forward, fires, then pulls back to load a BB. You can put it in nearly any gun and you can even use it without an FCU. You can wire it straight into your triggers, so no FCU, no circuitboard in your gun. You are able to use it with an FCU if you wish to tune everything, but for DMR semi-auto use, it is fine without one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@ pop-sout223
First, there's absolutely no way that for $150 you could build a DMR that could consistently hit even a man-sized target at 250 feet. Second, the reasons to look into HPA are plentiful, and if the OP says he wants to use HPA, don't hate on him for that, it's his choice.

@Airsoftguns
With a budget of $1500, you do have much more money than you need to build a pretty solid DMR. at the FPS restrictions you are talking about, you ought to be able to build a pretty versatile HPA build that will give you all you need and more. I suggest getting a V2 Polarstar engine (standard HPA engine for an M4), and installing that into a good-quality receiver. I myself have a Polarstar V2 GEN1 in a VFC body. To do that much, you won't need a tech, no matter how little experience you have modding guns yourself. I'd follow that combination up with whatever front assembly you personally like the look of, and a good-quality inner barrel no more than 500mm in length, as well as a Prowin hopup chamber and a flat or r-hop. For your level of experience, I simply suggest a flat hop bucking. Others will have different recommendations for hpa engines, hopups, buckings, and barrels, but what I've suggested should get you within the ballpark area of your goals for roughly $550.

·
Registered
123 Posts
At this budget i would go with a proper dmr plattform like a sr25/m110 and use a n7, reaper or fusion engine in it. redline airstock or mancraft mass, a rhop, edgi 430mm barrel, quality short dot, silencer - done.

!heavy quality bb's like .4/.45 goeffs/longbow!

airsoftjunkiez or amped will build it for you if you dont want to do the tech.

any gun can be upgraded to "long range" in airsoft, but a true "dmr" should be something base on a kal. 7.62 in my eyes. a upgraded m4 can be a problem at milsim events (at least here in europe).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.