Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats going on everyone i just wanna make sure if this is a good setup recently my AA 45 degree piston has an air leak and i just wanted to get a new piston and a new cylinder, i was looking to get a Laylax vsr 10 high pressure neo Piston from https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/products/laylax-vsr-10-high-pressure-piston-neo just wanna make sure if its for 45 degree sears on top of that was gonna get a AA vsr 10 Teflon cylinder do you guys think this is a good combo I've heard it's best to keep everything equal with brands etc, but i was curios on what you guys think, thanks for taking the time to read have a good day :) (also forgot to add i was also thinking about keeping the stock cylinder and changing the cylinder head to a laylax silent damper cylinder head)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Whats going on everyone i just wanna make sure if this is a good setup recently my AA 45 degree piston has an air leak and i just wanted to get a new piston and a new cylinder, i was looking to get a Laylax vsr 10 high pressure neo Piston from https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/products/laylax-vsr-10-high-pressure-piston-neo just wanna make sure if its for 45 degree sears on top of that was gonna get a AA vsr 10 Teflon cylinder do you guys think this is a good combo I've heard it's best to keep everything equal with brands etc, but i was curios on what you guys think, thanks for taking the time to read have a good day :) (also forgot to add i was also thinking about keeping the stock cylinder and changing the cylinder head to a laylax silent damper cylinder head)
I would personally wait till you upgrade trigger box for a new piston. A zero trigger makes a world of difference. I use the AA cylinder with the AA blue piston for a full air seal. To do not know much about laylax heads or their pistons, but I know that AA are clones of them WITH exceptional quality. I use mostly AA parts in my rifle and have excellent results(besides bucking, nub, trigger, and inner barrel).

But if Budget doesn't allow the upgraded trigger, that piston is for 45 degree trigger sears.

Also to add if your piston is "leaking", it's not the unit itself, it's the o ring around the piston. Check for abnormal wear. If you haven't already, take your piston and oring to your hardware shop and match it up. I personally use Danco #14 oring and get full compression in my snipe.

Also, I believe the AA cylinder uses its own unique cylinder head... so other cylinder heads won't fit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply,

i think i'm gonna stick to the 45 degree sear, i just don't have the money as of now, the reason why i want the laylax piston is because i'm trying to go for a very quite gun and the laylax piston has this little point that sticks out of the piston that guides it to the cylinder, an then i wanted to soften the cylinder head so when it smacks to the piston it reduces the noise also i wanted to get the laylax cylinder head cause it's tapered at the top and it's 30 bucks i think anything can beat the stock cylinder head, i think the main thing i wanted this post to be, is just to make sure everything is compatible, i think i wanna stick with the laylax silent damper cylinder head and the laylax piston, like i said i just wanted the thumbs up just to see if everything is compatible

thanks for the help man, have a good one :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
thanks for the reply,

i think i'm gonna stick to the 45 degree sear, i just don't have the money as of now, the reason why i want the laylax piston is because i'm trying to go for a very quite gun and the laylax piston has this little point that sticks out of the piston that guides it to the cylinder, an then i wanted to soften the cylinder head so when it smacks to the piston it reduces the noise also i wanted to get the laylax cylinder head cause it's tapered at the top and it's 30 bucks i think anything can beat the stock cylinder head, i think the main thing i wanted this post to be, is just to make sure everything is compatible, i think i wanna stick with the laylax silent damper cylinder head and the laylax piston, like i said i just wanted the thumbs up just to see if everything is compatible

thanks for the help man, have a good one :)
No problem, just do extra research on those cylinder heads, cause the description on Airsoft Atlanta says the AA cylinder does not accept any other cylinder head except what comes with it. If this is so, it's nothing to get sorbo pads and make your own dampener

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ty for the reply again man, really like this community,

i was gonna use the stock cylinder and just replace the stock cylinder head with the laylax cylinder head i dont think i'm gonna purchase the AA cylinder set, my fault should've been more specific. but i'm pretty sure the laylax cylinder head fits on the stock cylinder.

once again ty for the reply appreciate the help :tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.