Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm planning on buying a Modify Mod24. I only want to upgrade the barrel, hop up unit and spring. I want to get it shooting around 450fps. I wanted some input if there was anything else I should upgrade or change out? I'm new to the world of airsoft sniping. All tips and tricks would be appreciated. Also I've read a lot of the guides on these rifles I just want some input from everything so I can make some decisions. Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Please review the stickies in this VSR Rifles section, they have a lot of information about doing DIY mods and upgrading. If I were you I would start off with shimming your hopup arm, doing the TDC mod and polishing your stock barrel and see how that performs. Once you start upgrading the spring you will need to upgrade the sears or replace the trigger unit, and at that point is when you start needing to dish out $$$. Focus of airseal mods as you will gain some fps even using the stock spring. Hope this helps out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
AFAIK, MOD24 comes slightly pre-upgraded and already shoots ~450 fps in stock. So to get a better performance with that, you'd have to buy a better inner barrel (not sure if you absolutely must upgrade it cause it can be pretty decent in stock, but to get the best performance you'd need a very good barrel) do some DIYs (R-Hop, TDC, LRB, etc. - just read the stickies in this and other sections, plenty of useful info there), and that's probably it if you don't want it shooting hotter (higher fps). Not sure about the hop-up unit itself cause I couldn't find any info on it.
And if you do buy the MOD24 please be so kind to make a review of it, cause ATM there is very little information regarding this rifle.

Reactions: rw.veter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so what is a good website to purchase barrels from? I'm looking for a 500mm barrel 6.03. I've seen a lot of them on different websites but they're all sold out and I don't want to make the adjustment to accept aeg barrels in my hop up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does it take VSR barrels? The hop-up is it's own design or a copy of VSR?

For PDI barrel and other upgrades go straight to x-fire.org; but PDI don't make 6.03 barrels.
For 6.03 prommy/laylax, if you can buy in HK, WGC-shop, uncompany, and some others would be a good place to look for one. And you can go straight to laylax.com but I can't seem to find an English version of the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking into the Laylax 554mm 6.03 barrel and possibly cutting it to length. The hop up however is a standard VSR style hop up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts