Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a KJW M700 Take Down and after tinkering and shooting with it, I am vastly dissappointed :'(

It is bone stock, fresh from Airsoft GI's warehouse and I am thinking about putting in a DB 6.01 in a little bit. However I don't want to shell out another $75 on a barrel if I cannot get a reasonably accurate grouping with the stock barrel.

I pulled the gun out of the box, fired a few erratic shots, then cleaned out the barrel.. I checked the "Quality Control" card that GI put in the box and according to their chrono, my gun shoots 460 with .2's. I was under the impression that for a "clone" the KJW can achieve a pretty high legal playing velocity. But that is another question/concern to come later.

The groupings I am getting are too vast to even measure. I get maybe 2 out of 5 shots that travel straight but the hop-up isn't putting enough spin on the BB's to make it travel any more that 40 yards on a bee-line. (At least I believe it is the hop-up)

When it comes to the hop-up, no matter whether I spin the screw to the limits both CW and CCW, the BB's don't really change trajectory. I popped out the Hop-Up nubbin, and it looks like it is new and doesn't really have any wear on it.

I then took off the bolt to see if it was possible to adjust the velocity by dissasembling it, and screwing down the screw tension rod. (I got the directions from a few different forums and videos) Much to my dismay, it appears that my screw was already turned to the limit.

So basically, do you guys think that this has to do with the shiny "NEW VERSION" sticker on my box, or did I happen to get a Lemon?

Or even better yet, could you give me some advice to fix my problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know very little about gas rifles, but I can point you into the right direction. I would talk to Skypilot on MiA, since he doesn't frequent these forums much. But he can give you a bunch of tips to get your gun shooting real nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have KJW M700 that shoot 560-570 with 0.2 bbs but wasn't very accurate, so i bought dbc 6.01 tight-bore and made V hop-up using a guide from airsoftretreat. Now power dropped to 260fps with 0.27 bbs. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to disassemble and check everything on this weekend. Also if there is an airsmith in northern NJ please let me know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://www.airsoftnj.com/forums/index.php - Member there named the_stealth who has or had a KJW and was great at working on them as far as I know. May or may not be in Northern Jersey, but I can vouch for him being a good guy. May want to contact him and see if he can help you at all.

However, I would check on your hopup work first, sounds like it might be a little messed up - I know my first times in some of my guns didn't go exactly as planned....

What fields do you play at?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Malice4you, Thanks for answer. I just finished testing (temp 82F) indoor. Coke can was penetrated from the top center leave a hole with 20mm long crack and 25mm in diameter bump on the bottom side frome same shot with 0.27 bb. I beleive I get it back to 550 fps at least. what had been done: First at all I reasemble all hop up unit. When I installed new H-hop mode I used thin original hop up bucking, but when I installed dbc 6.01 tight bore I replaced original bucking with hard one which it 3 times thicker. as a result hop up was always on and worked as a brake. I filed down H-hop contact piece to fit in the chamber without hopping thick backing whet hop is set to 0. Striker spring bolt was tightened up and I made some adjustments to triger. Made it travel more and be more resisted to pull and set sear engagement to 1,5mm. As a result bolt strike get louder and faster. there is even some small stress effect. It is strike magazine harder and actually shoot very loud comparing to my spring M324. Now I have to check accurasy and setup hop and scope to operate with her.

I played in Coram Cousins Paintball/Airsoft Field on Long Island since 2003, but after moving to NJ this year going to check NETCONG field. Starting on Sept.13 on Monty's "Noviy Rassvet" first game.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm glad to hear it sounds like it's working again. You have been busy with the gun, haven't you? ;)

I find it hard to believe your gun is louder than the M324S....my Tanaka M700 is nearly silent....I guess I always figured most gas sniper rifles would be around that volume. Then again, the M324S is not exactly a lout gun, just a lot louder than the M700.... Then again, once my M700 gets more work done to it, it might be just as loud....

I dunno if you've been to ET (where monty's op is being held) - if you have, ignore this... While there are some areas where sniping is indeed possible, there are a lot of places where there will be thick leaves and brush that will make it difficult to shoot through and see targets. You'll have a 100 foot minimum engagement distance there with the M700, so make sure that you have a reliable backup (and can do range estimation). My last game there, my Desert Eagle saved my butt a few times (was using the VSR10, which was shooting 376/.30s). Make sure your gun isn't shooting well above field limits, as they do chrono before the game. I won't be at that game, but I expect to go to ET fairly often myself.

Have fun, take care, and if you haven't already, sign up at the forum I linked above - you'll find a lot of local events there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Malice4you, Sir.
Thank you for your comments and advices for the game. I've contacted Monty and going to go and check the field and my fps on the preparation day. I will have my mp5 or M4 with me for under range contacts and hope I will be covered by my spotter with Mk12SPR AEG (if he will go to game).
Question: Do you know any field or range or area where I can go and test accuracy or just do target practice in without bringing attention?. I'm living in residential area, so I can't do it on my backyard 8(.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish I knew of one. My backyard is not the best place to test a gun, since I have to shoot uphill. I also have a lot of trees which makes it hard to judge long range accuracy :(

Assuming you live in a house:
I would suggest you try in your basement if possible (with windows open for a gas gun), and if not, see if you can find a private game being held before the event, or look for locals who have a bit of land - either airsoft players, or perhaps someone with some property who you ask permission to use the property (out of view of hte public, and written permission is best). Could also go to your neighbor's houses and tell them about airsoft, that it is a safe sport, and tell them they are welcome to come and see the gun at your place, ask them if they have objections to your shooting in your property. Make sure you explain it's a plastic airsoft BB, can't shoot metal BBs, aren't shooting animals/humans/their property/etc. If you have a long back yard but neighbors on the sides, what about shooting through an open window or prone out the back door? be completely concealed, no barrel sticking out, but you might be able to do some tests that way. Just be sure the first tests are aiming way downward, and slowly progress out towards the edge of the property, so you have an idea if it's overhopping or veering left or right before it shoots out your neighbor's 2nd story window while aiming at a tree stump 3 feet high....
If you live in a condo, apartment, or anything where you've got a shared back yard, it's best to find an off-property place cause the possibility of someone seeing you is too great...

Sadly, my only ability to test the gun's long range accuracy is right before a game. I work on the gun as much as I can beforehand, and make sure that it's not veering that far off course at short ranges, and then fine tune it on the field. You can shoot from the staging area or "shooting range" at ET, but that only gives you so much time to work on the gun. You might ask monty if you can get there early and do some testing (which would work better if you knew the field and could get yourself to the airfield or even main staging area). Bring the tools you'd need to work on it, and some large sheets of paper - newspaper or the paper-bag-like paper they use to wrap packages in, so you can get the gun apart. Might wanna bring cups of some sort for small parts, and be careful with any springs....

While I remember, any other required items, such as water, will also be checked before Monty's game. The terrain at ET is mostly woods, one largeish field which has or hard tall grass. There are some structures, one story buildings where people do a good job of hiding inside and poking only heads and guns out... There are lots of rocks, logs, and manmade structures to hide behind as well.

and after writing all that....I just remembered this: http://www.airsoftnj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8735
Field rebuild on the 7th. If you are willing to help set up for the event, you'll familiarize yourself with the field a bit, and if you ask in advance if you can do some testing after the build, I'm sure that no one would complain (though bring goggles too). Just be sure you ask before you just show up with a gun....

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me....don't wanna clog up a thread about M700's any mroe than I have already. I'm malice4you on NJAA as well - either forum works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kjw M700p wont shoot

Ok i had this m700 for about 2 years now And when i first got it i started losing intrest in airsofting and now im getting back into it and my gun did shoot when i had it but the bbs would just roll out the barrel before i pulled the trigger but i got that fixed with the hop up but now it wont even shoot so i took out the bolt pulled it all apart and back to together when to shoot it i hear it fire like it used to but the bb only went like 10 to 15 feet and then it stop firing again abd now i dont know what to do. Can somebody please help me. If u dont have an account on here and knows whats going on but doesnt want to make an accout shoot me an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ok i had this m700 for about 2 years now And when i first got it i started losing intrest in airsofting and now im getting back into it and my gun did shoot when i had it but the bbs would just roll out the barrel before i pulled the trigger but i got that fixed with the hop up but now it wont even shoot so i took out the bolt pulled it all apart and back to together when to shoot it i hear it fire like it used to but the bb only went like 10 to 15 feet and then it stop firing again abd now i dont know what to do. Can somebody please help me. If u dont have an account on here and knows whats going on but doesnt want to make an accout shoot me an email at [email protected]
The bbs not shooting far... Ooh this is my problem, I know how to temporarily fix it, but I'm gonna post on the forums soon and ask if anyone knows how to fix it for good. Take off the back 4 screws on your magazine, then after removing the back plate, look at the far end of the mag. You will see a grayish piece that can be rotated, spin it to where the cut end it facing you. Close your mag, but make sure the hammer piece on the back plate is poking out.

This is my problem, idk bout urs.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
This is a combination of 2 problems. (possibly 3 depending if you bought the G&G power pack or not, I am going to assume you did not buy it.)

First (and more probable) is that your striker spring is worn out. Replace with the G&G striker spring or make your own (if you have the ability to.)

Second, is the striker itself. Most tend to be made out of cheap metal and mushroom out, hammer it back into spec, or replace with a better striker (I would go for replace as the hammering is only a temporary fix.)

Third, check your seals and replace any that are bad.

Forth, IF you did actually install the power pack from G&G, then you need to tune your magazine as it is clearly out of adjustment.

Finally check your hopup and make sure it is good.

(I had that problem on my Tanaka AICS, too bad my roommate traded it for a KWA SR12...)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My problems r prob the second and fourth, first where do you buy new strikers? I've never seen one. And I have the g&g spring coming in so that's good.

Now the fourth one maybe, what do you mean by my mags aren't tuned?

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
I think they are called "valve knockers," I have seen them around on a few sites. When I get more time I will see if i can find them.

The G&G valve pins are adjustable. (don't remember if the stock ones can but I doubt it.) Thus meaning you can increase the "dwell" on the valve by making the pin longer, or vise versa. They are a real pain to get dialed in. then they have the tendency to undo themselves, thus making you redo them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I think they are called "valve knockers," I have seen them around on a few sites. When I get more time I will see if i can find them.

The G&G valve pins are adjustable. (don't remember if the stock ones can but I doubt it.) Thus meaning you can increase the "dwell" on the valve by making the pin longer, or vise versa. They are a real pain to get dialed in. then they have the tendency to undo themselves, thus making you redo them.
Ok so should a striker spring fix it? Cause my knockers are perfectly fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.