Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Nerf Dart Foam Hop-up Nub Tutorial?

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  solarisjock 
Another great thing to use as a hop-up nub is an eraser, it is a bit more rigid then the nerf foam, while still being soft enough to provide wonderful hop. It is what I am using in my KA chamber for a G&G L96. Props go to Reezo though, he did it first (that I know of) and I am blatantly copying him.

One thing I did do though was put a small piece of hard plastic across the top so that the turn knob puts an even pressure across the entirety of nub instead of a single point. As of last night I am at 100% accuracy at just under 200 feet on a chimney with .32's in a 550 rifle using a flat hop & LRB as I tweak with my R-hop some more.

yes, I did have to cut it up a bit, the King Arms chamber stock uses a piece of metal (yes, metal, as the nub, did wonders to my bucking.....) so I took that out and used it as a template. I cut the Eraser a little longer so i would have a bit more room to turn the hop nub. how this relates to different chambers/hop-ups i do not know. also, props to reezo, it was his idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.