Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a new chamber from action army. Their last one is without a doubt the most simple/popular for good reason. I will be buying the new one for testing soon. Looks like it still can use the regular adjustment arm which I prefer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So there's a new chamber from action army. Their last one is without a doubt the most simple/popular for good reason. I will be buying the new one for testing soon. Looks like it still can use the regular adjustment arm which I prefer.
Oh wow thats quite exciting to say the least! I wasnt able to find any listings online, do you happen to know what they’ve revamped?

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
That looks pretty sick, but I don't think we'll see significant performance increases unless they snug up the arm like I have recommended people do with Teflon, aluminum, or Scotch tape.

Should be a seriously solid alternative to a $60 TDC, $55 chamber, a new outer barrel after you drill holes everywhere, and a lot simpler than ordering from around the world from multiple sites.
That being said, it likely won't be worth switching your red chamber unless you wanna give it to me, in which case I encourage the upgrading it😂

·
Registered
188 Posts
Same working way like ML's gen.1 hopup unit. An adjusting moving lever applying pressure on hop up arm. I wonder how this can be better (similar yes) than ML's gen.1...
Product Line Cylinder Composite material Auto part

Tool Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle Gadget

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
One thing I hope they improved was a larger OD, as a TM barrel is 27mm bang on exact, while the chamber I got in 2018 or so was 26.71mm, and the one I won in 2020 or 2021 was 26.67mm.
This will lead to bad air seal, weird accuracy, and about everything that can happen, as the nozzle is not centered in the chamber since the chamber is pulled down by it's screws a pretty solid distance.
Understandable in terms of compatibility, but nobody uses WELL anymore, and most people who will buy this probably have an SSG10 or T10/11, both of which have pretty solid quality control as well as relatively standard sizing.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If the slider is supported on both sides (which it looks like it is) then it mitigates the issue of the bending arm. This design can work just fine, but it needs to be a very snug fit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just finished installing one of the Gen 2 Maple Leaf Hop Chambers (The TDC Version), and I have to admit it was by far the easiest and cleanest TDC installation I've ever done. The fact that the guide hole is actually part of the chamber makes it impossible to mess up. It also can be used as a lever style chamber if that is your preference, it still has benefits over a stock lever style chamber. I highly recommend it for those who want a TDC chamber without having to spend on an AA chamber plus a TDC like the Tridos.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just finished installing one of the Gen 2 Maple Leaf Hop Chambers (The TDC Version), and I have to admit it was by far the easiest and cleanest TDC installation I've ever done. The fact that the guide hole is actually part of the chamber makes it impossible to mess up. It also can be used as a lever style chamber if that is your preference, it still has benefits over a stock lever style chamber. I highly recommend it for those who want a TDC chamber without having to spend on an AA chamber plus a TDC like the Tridos.

Mapleleaf has a tdc chamber?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mapleleaf has a tdc chamber?
Yes, and it's actually built quite well.You rotate the empty chamber 90° to the side, and there is a place to lock it in with a screw, and a hole that goes right through to drill your TDC. It's foolproof. No jigs or anything necessary. It's the only AFAIK out of the box chamber with TDC capabilities, needing no external TDC parts. The 4 nubs you get as well can cover nearly any bucking choice. I'd put a link to it on my shop, but I don't want to advertise it, can always search it up.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The Airsoft Philosopher was exactly like how that sounds, with sucking in every other possible way.
One thing "better" about the AP chamber was the tip top machined nature and being high grade aluminum, but if a $5 SHS chamber can do as well as a MAXX then the SHS just makes more sense to use.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I love the theory of the Airsoft Philosopher, it just didn’t work as good as it should have once installed. Not for me anyways. I think it’s better now still uncertain if I’m keeping it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes, and it's actually built quite well.You rotate the empty chamber 90° to the side, and there is a place to lock it in with a screw, and a hole that goes right through to drill your TDC. It's foolproof. No jigs or anything necessary. It's the only AFAIK out of the box chamber with TDC capabilities, needing no external TDC parts. The 4 nubs you get as well can cover nearly any bucking choice. I'd put a link to it on my shop, but I don't want to advertise it, can always search it up.
Does the tdc press directly on the nub?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts