Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought one of the gen 2 Maple leaf units a little while ago. Overall it is a very good chamber especially with the different nub options. there widest nub can actually make full contact with a MR maple leaf bucking laterally and vertically giving even pressure all over and not just down the middle of the bucking. With that said it does take a little more work to get a perfect seal compared to an Action army chamber. Ive also noticed with mine that it is very easy to accidently miss align it when installing it. But overall if your an experienced tech I would say its a top notch hop up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Right, so far not good. I can happily say I all ready prefer the original red chamber. Where to start.

1. The adjustment arm is stiff as arseholes and takes force to move backwards and forwards. I have half an inch of adjustment before its too much and my gun just jams.
2. I'm getting double feeding after ever 3-4 shots, never had this issue before until installing this chamber.

I have yet to test range but with my chrono I'm getting roughly the same FPS I did with the original chamber.
I'll carry on having a tinker with it tomorrow after work but so far its just stressed me out!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Update #2

I fixed the double feeding issues, Installed my maple lead outter barrel and now the hop up block fits perfectly with the AA damping chamber.

As for the adjustment slider I reinstalled everything and I've managed to make the slider alot smoother to move. The strange thing is even with the slider on the lowest setting I still have hop and I can only adjust half way before my gun jams. Also my fps at the moment is all over the place. I use to get 455 on 0.25s and 321 on 0.45's and now with the new chamber I'm getting 380's and the random 450 on 0.25s which makes me think there is a air leak issue even tho I have perfect seal with cylinder AND hop up.

I'm going to have another go at it tonight because I want this to work.

I've tried 3 different buckings autobot 70 2021 Mr hop 70 and a modify X 65 with a omega nub AND stalker panthera nub.

I don't have the range at the moment to do distance tests but with the fps drop my hopes are not high atm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Update #3 a bit of Teflon tape around hop rubber has made fps consistent. However it turns out with this chamber the more hop you apply the less fps you get which is the complete opposite to my old action army chamber.

Have yet to test range but I'm now intrigued to see results

·
Registered
93 Posts
update #4 I installed a maple leaf cylinder head to replace my action army one and now the airseal nozzle to bucking is spot on even with out teflon tape. My FPS with the new chamber is consistent within 2 fps (328-330 fps on 0.45's)

I'm going to a game on the 3rd so I'll be able to test range with the new AA chamber.

·
Registered
93 Posts
update #5 It's not a good report, where do I begin.
I know I've set the hop up correctly so I can 100% say its nothing to do on my part, everything was put together exactly to the instructions on the packaging AND also online instructions.
I went to a game today and was able to test range with the new chamber and I'm sadly disappointed, Max range with the new chamber was 60m if that. I tried different hop settings but the first few slides make no difference until you get half way with the hop slider, however the hop I needed to get the usual 80-90m distance would cause the hop up chamber to jam, anything pass middle settings would cause double feeding. Also there was a curving issue, BB's would actually fly up vertical

Lucky enough I bought my original red AA chamber as a back up just incase and thank god I did, once installed, I was getting 80 to 90m shots easy with no curve issues. I feel like I've wasted £49 and I hope I am doing something wrong but yeah, looks like the original AA chamber is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I had a horrible experience with the Airsoft Philosopher chamber, buckings, and barrel, trying various things for almost 2 years.
Seems like the AA red chamber was purely luck as it's never bad, and is widely regarded to be the best, except by people who are associated or secretly paid by the makers of other chambers and parts.

I'd stick with the red one and sell the new one, I eventually did that with my stuff and my customers were much happier than I ever was.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a horrible experience with the Airsoft Philosopher chamber, buckings, and barrel, trying various things for almost 2 years.
Seems like the AA red chamber was purely luck as it's never bad, and is widely regarded to be the best, except by people who are associated or secretly paid by the makers of other chambers and parts.

I'd stick with the red one and sell the new one, I eventually did that with my stuff and my customers were much happier than I ever was.
I just don't understand why they would make a new chamber that doesn't touch the original... I feel heart broken as I had really high hopes for it. I'll leave it in my spares and repairs draw just in case I was installing it wrong (don't see how)

With it I was using
AA Teflon cylinder
AA spring guide
AA M130
ML cylinder head
SCW piston
AA 90 trigger
AA inner barrel 6.03 430mm
ML MR HOP 2021
Stalker panthera nub

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just don't understand why they would make a new chamber that doesn't touch the original... I feel heart broken as I had really high hopes for it. I'll leave it in my spares and repairs draw just in case I was installing it wrong (don't see how)

With it I was using
AA Teflon cylinder
AA spring guide
AA M130
ML cylinder head
SCW piston
AA 90 trigger
AA inner barrel 6.03 430mm
ML MR HOP 2021
Stalker panthera nub
They are manufacturers for profit, they aren't designing products to excel but to sell for a buck

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are manufacturers for profit, they aren't designing products to excel but to sell for a buck
Sure this is correct but I still have trouble understanding why they'd make a new inferior product while not discontinuing the old one. The airsoft scene is relatively small after all and word gets out "new one is shit, get the old one" and there go your sales.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sure this is correct but I still have trouble understanding why they'd make a new inferior product while not discontinuing the old one. The airsoft scene is relatively small after all and word gets out "new one is shit, get the old one" and there go your sales.
I've wrote a review on the new chamber on skirmshop.co.uk but they won't approve it, I guess its because they dont want people seeing its no good.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I've always expected that Skirmshop was one of those places, NL or UK.
You can say what you want about Evike, but you can post nearly anything as long as it follows their guidelines, which actually helps future customers out quite a lot.

·
Registered
516 Posts
@siliconsword

I noticed that about Evike too. I use to think maybe they just didn't have the resources to police the comment, but none of my 3 star reviews ever gets lifted. I've seen a good share of one star reviews that helped me avoid various products.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
516 Posts
@SiliconeSword

I've only ever used amped, brill, and redwolf (aside from evike - and a few smaller shop for one off items) . Unfortunately virtually no one comments there

I was looking at skirmshop alot when I first got started, but the parts I needed were never in stock

No clue who KM or Sniper Mechanic are

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Kicking Mustang had all that drama with his ghillie suits and supposedly getting screwed over, and Sniper Mechanic's WASP was sort of ripped off by the Scorpion piston, which sort of sucked according to the trustworthy people I've heard from.

They do carry some niche stuff for Europe, but 1Shot has kind of filled their spot in North America due to better shipping and being less screwy, while maintaining and outdoing the selection of niche parts and stuff.
They have the KMCS suit too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's some pictures of the chamber and instructions in the packaging.

I personally think its a bit flimsy especially with how its just the paddle on the dial plate thats applying pressure to the hop up arm, no slider mechanism like the TM or ML chamber that the dial plate screws to. The dial plate is held in with 1 o-ring, washer and screw. You have to use lube along the top of the arm and on the paddle otherwise its super stiff to adjust.

I'm waiting for the TDC MOD 2.0 Pro to come back into stock as I've completly given up on this chamber since its performance this past Sunday.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts