Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first airsoft sniper rifle for christmas. It's a JG Bar-10. I've played three games with it, and the only problem I've had with it is double feeding sometimes, although that's fixed now. I want to make my sniper more durable and more accurate, not really concerned about FPS at the moment. I'm 15 years old, so I don't have tons of money. I've read about people putting $500 plus into their gun, but i don't have a real job at this age to do that. I have a budget of $125 and I want a few upgrades for consistent accuracy at atleast 150feet and maybe some durability. I know it's a very low budget, but any recommendations? All are appreciated! I was thinking Steel cnc piston and trigger sears, Action Army hop up chamber, nineball bucking, and a m150 action army spring, any flaws or things i need to change that would be better for my first set of upgrades for my Bar 10? Looking for the best bang for my buck! Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
89 Posts
For now I would just save up for the action army 90 degree trigger, it would be better. And for bucking get maple leaf instead of nineball. The action army chamber and spring are good, but I would also recommend a action army tight-bore barrel, action army teflon cylinder, and a action army spring guide. Good quality BB's is also a good factor for range and accuracy. .43g, .40g, and .36g would probably be the best. I know this wont fit your budget, so I would recommend to just buy things when you get more money.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
^ I would strongly disagree with that. Don't upgrade the trigger first. Yes, it's good for durability, but it does nothing for accuracy. So you'll have a gun that's able to shoot at high fps, but you won't hit anything with it :shrug:

Get the AA chamber, an AA barrel and a maple leaf bucking/nub first. Accuracy is the most important aspect of a sniper rifle. DIY your own barrel spacers and maybe get a stronger spring. It's a gamble how long the stock sears will last but at least you'll have a 250' capable gun (with good bb's) while staying in budget. If you don't upgrade the trigger group then you might as well not play with the gun at all as you will be outranged by aegs. There are cheaper DIY options out there as well but I'd just go for the tried & proven setup if I were you.

When the sears do fail, get an airsoftpro trigger set. It's cheap and very good (about $100 USD for a zero trigger, piston & spring guide). You don't need these parts for accuracy and range but you do need them eventually and airsoftpro is the cheapest option that works well.

Leave the cylinder + head stock for now. You don't need them for anything so as long as they don't break there's no need to replace them.

·
Super Moderator
4,025 Posts
Eh...

There are options. I, for the most part, agree with Reliku. Depending on your teching skills you can do numerous DIY mods to get a respectably shooting rifle.

I do agree that the AA chamber will be a great boon to buy, same with a new bucking and nub. Most will say ML (myself included), though there is nothing wrong with the nineball. I used one for quite a while with great success.

A nicer barrel is a good choice. AA is a decent option.

If memory serves right, the stock power for the JG is about 400fps give or take. For that I would say a 60 degree bucking.

Now, for the love of god, DO NOT SKIMP ON YOUR BBS! Yeah, people will say you need .36g or heavier to be "effective". However, being effective is a very funny equation as it greatly differs from person to person. For the power your gun is shooting I would look at anywhere from .28g to .33g. If you plan on running it completely stock for a while.

So order of importance.

BBs, bucking and nub, Hopup unit, Barrel, everything else when needed.

Now for the last important thing... Do not drown yourself in the tech. Go out and play. Learn "you" first, then worry about making your rifle work how you want/need it to. Though I would get the hopup/barrel group hammered out as that is one of the most important groups in ANY airsoft gun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Eh...

There are options. I, for the most part, agree with Reliku. Depending on your teching skills you can do numerous DIY mods to get a respectably shooting rifle.

I do agree that the AA chamber will be a great boon to buy, same with a new bucking and nub. Most will say ML (myself included), though there is nothing wrong with the nineball. I used one for quite a while with great success.

A nicer barrel is a good choice. AA is a decent option.

If memory serves right, the stock power for the JG is about 400fps give or take. For that I would say a 60 degree bucking.

Now, for the love of god, DO NOT SKIMP ON YOUR BBS! Yeah, people will say you need .36g or heavier to be "effective". However, being effective is a very funny equation as it greatly differs from person to person. For the power your gun is shooting I would look at anywhere from .28g to .33g. If you plan on running it completely stock for a while.

So order of importance.

BBs, bucking and nub, Hopup unit, Barrel, everything else when needed.

Now for the last important thing... Do not drown yourself in the tech. Go out and play. Learn "you" first, then worry about making your rifle work how you want/need it to. Though I would get the hopup/barrel group hammered out as that is one of the most important groups in ANY airsoft gun.
Alright so my order list at the moment is an AA Hop-Up Chamber, ML 60 or a 70 degree bucking, An M150 spring, Some Cnc steel sears incase mine break. My stock sears have lasted about 1200 shots so far, think I'm lucky? Going to get a part time job soon because I get my license in 3 months, and I'll need money for gas and other stuff, so then i'll be able to buy more items as it goes along. For now, just these items, maybe a 6.03 aa barrel, then the rest i'll replace as needed when i have more money. Can you redirect me to some DIY mods that I can do to improve anything, also let me know what they are improving, please and thanks. Glad this forum is here! Thanks for helping a noob!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ I would strongly disagree with that. Don't upgrade the trigger first. Yes, it's good for durability, but it does nothing for accuracy. So you'll have a gun that's able to shoot at high fps, but you won't hit anything with it :shrug:

Get the AA chamber, an AA barrel and a maple leaf bucking/nub first. Accuracy is the most important aspect of a sniper rifle. DIY your own barrel spacers and maybe get a stronger spring. It's a gamble how long the stock sears will last but at least you'll have a 250' capable gun (with good bb's) while staying in budget. If you don't upgrade the trigger group then you might as well not play with the gun at all as you will be outranged by aegs. There are cheaper DIY options out there as well but I'd just go for the tried & proven setup if I were you.

When the sears do fail, get an airsoftpro trigger set. It's cheap and very good (about $100 USD for a zero trigger, piston & spring guide). You don't need these parts for accuracy and range but you do need them eventually and airsoftpro is the cheapest option that works well.

Leave the cylinder + head stock for now. You don't need them for anything so as long as they don't break there's no need to replace them.
What will a 90 degree trigger do exactly? I've seen videos, but I guess I dont know why I'd spend a lot of money for easier bolt pull. I guess that's the only thing i've picked up from what it does. Can you convince me, I don't really know why it's special. Thanks for a reply man, glad you guys can help a noob or i'd be lost.

·
Super Moderator
4,025 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money on a new spring and sears right now. You could get the spring, but do not install it. You will be putting the stock parts under too much stress and cause them to fail sooner then you may want. Your piston is plastic BTW...

The 90 degree triggers do more then "just give you a smoother pull." They make it so you never have to worry about breaking your piston or replacing sears again. They also handle higher powered far, far better then the stock 45 degree system ever could. Also helps prevent pre-mature cylinder failure. I know there is a big long winded post somewhere here that goes into more details.

Reactions: Reliku

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
What Plazma says. The stock assembly has a bad bolt cycle and will break, often sooner than later.

Once you've felt a 90 degree trigger you will never want a 45 degree trigger again either. The trigger pull is just so much better :hehe:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't waste your money on a new spring and sears right now. You could get the spring, but do not install it. You will be putting the stock parts under too much stress and cause them to fail sooner then you may want. Your piston is plastic BTW...

The 90 degree triggers do more then "just give you a smoother pull." They make it so you never have to worry about breaking your piston or replacing sears again. They also handle higher powered far, far better then the stock 45 degree system ever could. Also helps prevent pre-mature cylinder failure. I know there is a big long winded post somewhere here that goes into more details.
So at the moment, i have $100 I want to spend on my gun. I should just buy a 90 degree airsoft pro trigger system and piston? Or Reinforced Sears with AA Hop up chamber and a new bucking? I've done the dental floss mod for better airseal with my stock bucking so far, thats the only mod, the TDC mod seems to hard. And would a TDC mod be necessary with an AA Hopup chamber, thanks for the replies & help much appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What Plazma says. The stock assembly has a bad bolt cycle and will break, often sooner than later.

Once you've felt a 90 degree trigger you will never want a 45 degree trigger again either. The trigger pull is just so much better :hehe:
So at the moment, i have $100 I want to spend on my gun. I should just buy a 90 degree airsoft pro trigger system and piston? Or Reinforced Sears with AA Hop up chamber and a new bucking? I've done the dental floss mod for better airseal with my stock bucking so far, thats the only mod, the TDC mod seems to hard. And would a TDC mod be necessary with an AA Hopup chamber, thanks for the replies & help much appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, buy the AA chamber & barrel and buy the ML bucking and nub, leave the trigger and all stock for now :tup:
Allright, going to order it monday morning, got an Action Army Chamber, can't find a 6.03 barrel 430mm though for less than $40.. So how would it be if i held off on that or do i need to wait till its back in stock? Also going to get a maple leaf 60 degree autobot bucking because im only going to run an m130 in it until i get more money for a 90 degree trigger. Where can i find a "Nub" at can you redirect me?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.