Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

What's a good name for my end-all be-all solution to the VSR trigger system.

• MS Trigger (Combination of M trigger and my name. Homage to the original, with Sodium's addition)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • M2 Trigger (Upgraded M trigger)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SM Trigger (Basically option 1)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • E Trigger (End Trigger)

• U Trigger (Ultimate Trigger. Sorry Masada, I hope I'm not stealing your brand)

• R Trigger (Secret name... Trust me, it fits)

• Sodium's Better Trigger

• Infinity Trigger

• Revolution Trigger

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy folks, I'm almost done designing my own custom VSR trigger. It's basically an Noobie's M-trigger, but with a bunch of special features that make it a little more modern. Not going to say what they are yet, but if you are active on the forum I'm sure you can figure it out ;) My goal is to basically solve every problem that all the current VSR triggers have.

I'm sending the first prototype to shop soon, and have all but one thing covered: the name. What do I call it? My name is Matt, and I go by Sodium around these parts. I like long walks on the beach and shooting tiny plastic balls at people sorta far away. Sadly the M-trigger and S-trigger are taken. The MS Trigger? The SM Trigger? The M2 Trigger? Gotta have a good name before I sell it to the general public!

Also feel free to reply with features you couldn't live without... Please don't say quick change stopper, I traded that for adjustable stopper height.

Features:
Magnets instead of springs
Adjustable stopper height
No cylinder wear from stopper

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
End Trigger sounds really cool. Maybe try to integrate your name to it? Matt End Trigger? God that makes it terrible. End Sodium Trigger? That's just as bad. Just End Trigger is good but feels like something is missing.
What about VE Trigger? VSR End Trigger yeah it sounds plain but shorten and it sounds good

Edit : Also seems like i have an idea on what the R stands for. Could i write down my guess? 馃
I like the way that sounds. Though I don't wanna confuse people by saying End Trigger and them thinking N Trigger. And I'm not calling it the N Trigger for hopefully obvious reasons. E is cool but people might think it's electronic.

Message me what you think :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MS Trigger sounds great although ' Sodium's Better Trigger ' is hilarious. Maybe call it both lol. Either way I'm really excited to see this new trigger. Bulltrigger is out of business for now so if mine breaks i will be looking for a nice replacement. Will you be offering different trigger shapes? Like straight, curved, etc.
Yep, building it so you can swap out for a few different trigger shapes without having to disassemble the entire thing/buy a new trigger.

And yeah, it should be quite crispy :)

Reactions: Blackmail

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it's like Striker AST series with their interchangeable trigger? That would be cool! I always wanted to install a speed trigger on a sniper!
The mechanism for changing the trigger on this thing's extremely simple. That said, I don't think it'll be compatible with other manufacturers triggers. This is just because I don't want to complicate the system. I plan on making a few different styles though, based on the most popular/ common types (and what I like).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dig it, but I think that if it could be brighter white that would be even better.
Oh yeah that's just because it was a screenshot of the dark part of a rendering. It's actually bright white lazer engraved. (Technically that's the first public picture of the trigger)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah, it's a play on the sodium periodic table entry. I guess it would make sense that people probably forget Na = Sodium.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Okay I need a name for my company now too. Current ideas are:
Kinetic Airsoft
NRD tactical
NRD custom
NRD Airsoft

Gimme ideas. The idea behind any products I make in the future is to fix obvious problems with current systems, and make mechanically simple designs optimized for airsoft and not real combat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Sodium Innovations
Periodics (relating to the periodic table)
That's crazy! Me and my friends used to have a little group that we called Periodix.

Periodics would be good though. I think I may use that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts