Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building off a jg bar-10 base. I have been researching many vsr upgrades and have been wondering if i get an sp170 spring, do i need to get a better cylinder that can support it like a laylax teflon cylinder? Or can i keep the stock cylinder and upgrade everything besides (spring, guide, piston, bucking, barrel, zero trigger, etc.)?

If you do think i need to upgrade the cylinder, can you give me suggestions of what to get? i also couln't find many places that had them. evike, airsoftgi, etc were out of stock.

Thanks in advance - masterjuggler98

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's not essential to upgrade the cylinder unless you notice damage near the bolt end of the cylinder.

I've once had the bolt end of a cylinder rip off while still being attached to the bolt. This occurred during the cocking phase, BUT that particular cylinder was already badly damaged due to slam firing and very demanding use.

A cylinder might be one of your last upgrades unless it happens to break, which is unlikely if the cylinder is new. An m170 should last you a very long time as long as the cylinder is not damaged from user error or just simple misfortune.

Btw, make an introduction post in the member section please! :) Thank you.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. im planning on getting most if not all of the upgrades all at once. does the teflon cylinder really make a difference? it doesnt seem like it would do all that much in terms of durability if we properly maintain it. sure its going to break eventually, but it would take a while, right? thanks. (going to make a member secion introduction post soon)

·
Registered
384 Posts
The teflon coated cylinder allows for a much smoother bolt pull. Not necessarily an easier/lighter pull, but definitely smoother. There is no shooting performance difference from my experience.

I believe it's built of a stronger material so it should not break easily.

Also, I would still recommend greasing it up with a silicone based grease to prevent scratching/wear-and-tear, which should be done with the stock cylinder as well.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Well MB-10 from when I was still learning about the world of airsofting and didn't know what a bucking was (I don't why i got it. the stock is hideous) and have been lubricating the cylinder for as long as I've had it. I didn't know it would actually increase the life span of it, but what you are saying makes sense. I will do the same to the Bar-10 cylinder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.