Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Brandon

Callsign: TheEnd

Experience: I work at a CQB field and play at least once a week. Have been playing for about a year and a half. I've been to about ten outdoor games, some rec, some milsim. I've taken apart just about every AEG, read every internal mod guide I could find, built a bunch of AEG's for myself and customers. I have a little bit of experience with bolt actions but I'm pretty new to them.

You're arsenal:

If you are interested my complete arsenal is posted here at the Michigan airsoft forum. I've owned a lot of different weapons because I like to try new platforms.

My rifles specific to this forum are:

Classic Army M14 Match.

Used to have a real wood stock until I dove for cover and landed on it.

My new rig for this season. Lightweight and un restrictive.

I used the guide Vindicareassassin put together to help tweak the performance.

550 +/- 5 fps with .2's
I use it with .4's in the field

Highlights:

Semi-auto only
Prometheus EG 550mm 6.03 barrel
Systema bucking
SCS nub
G&P hop up chamber
Supercore piston
G&G cylinder head
Systema torque up gears
G&P M160 motor
Modify O-ring air nozzle
Modify bearing spring guide
Systema M160 spring
CA RIS kit
Leapers 3x9x40 IR scope
11.1v 30C 2300mah lipo
Extreme fire SW Evolution mosfet

Classic Army SL9

535 +/- 3 with .2's.
I use it with .4's in the field

Highlights:

Semi-auto only
Prometheus EG 509mm 6.03 barrel
Systema bucking
SCS nub
Supercore piston
Classic Army helical torque up gears
Modify O-ring air nozzle
Modify bearing spring guide
Systema M150 spring
Leapers 3x9x50 IR scope
11.1v 20C 1200mah lipo

Classic Army G3 (A4, SG1, RIS)

I have the wood, A4, SG1, and RIS furniture. I recently put the wood on it and can't imagine taking it off. It's real HK 91 wood furniture and it feels awesome.

Shoots horrible right now. The bucking is toast. Shoots about 400fps on stock internals. I plan to leave it be and use it as my DMR on fields where my high power rifles aren't useful.

Lastly, my newest purchase. It is the one Blag was selling in the classifieds.

Tokyo Marui L96 AWS

I will have better shots of it soon.

Laylax zero trigger and piston
PDI raven cylinder
Stock cylinder with Laylax damper cylinder head
Laylax 7mm spring guide
Stock spring installed
PDI 130 and 140 spring waiting for 9mm spring guide
PDI end screw
TM silencer adapter
Foam filled suppressor
Leapers 3x9x50 IR scope

Shoots maybe 270 fps, I'm guessing 230. Doesn't have very impressive range. Spits a .2 maybe 125'. I know it's an FPS problem because with the 130 spring it shot amazingly far. The stock spring is super weak and is extremely easy to compress. I've gone through and lubed everything and made sure there were no air leaks.

Your camo: Nothing yet. My team runs contractor which is tan pants and a black shirt with tan gear. I am still learning to use my rifles before I bother with a ghille or anything.

What are your other hobbies?: Cars (and racing them), 3D modeling, anything mechanical.

Where do you reside? Near Detroit Michigan.

I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now and I decided to join up. I've learned a lot reading the guides and last season I tried to use everyones suggestions that applied to me. Hopefully this year I can use them again and work on bettering my field skills.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I'm going to Op: Fueling the fire this weekend and will hopefully get some good daylight shots. I'm excited to get to try out my new rig and my M14 now that I rebuilt it.

I'm looking forward to hanging out around here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
inthetallgrass said:
Welcome. I'd say you nearly cried when you saw the broken stock underneath you!
Almost. I loved the real wood look.

inthetallgrass said:
]It's very rare to have a wooden stock on a G3 (At least I've never seen or heard of one and I've seen my fair share of G3's). May I ask where you got it?
The wood kit is from an HK91. The HK91 is basically the semi-only civilian version of the G3. I bought the AEG used from someone who had already acquired the wood furniture but had not mounted it yet. Actual H&K wood can be hard to find and expensive. A cheaper option is to buy a CETME wood kit. The CETME is a Spanish rifle very similar to a G3. At one point cheaperthandirt.com had CETME wood kits for $20.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.