Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been reading for a while, but I had a couple questions, so I decided to register and introduce myself. I belong to quite a few forums, mostly car stuff.

I've been playing airsoft for a few months with my brother. No military experience. We play in and around Orlando, FL. We both shoot L96's, but not for much longer. He is picking up a G&G Scar, and I'm hoping for a CA M24 (thus some of the questions). We both wear Multicam, and that it works pretty well for where we play.

Other hobbies include working out/lifting, cars (rare and modified Mustangs in specific), water skiing, and scuba diving (I work part time for a dive shop). I'm an Industrial Engineering senior at the University of Central Florida.

Call sign is "Fox." The 91foxbody refers to a specific generation of Mustangs that I drive ('79-93).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for all the info so far, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gear laid out on the floor...

I'm not really going for any particular style. Most of the guys I play with are after some sort of military unit look....I just like what's simple, and what works.

At our local field...

I'm in the middle here.

On the left here.

We're enjoying learning as we go. Playing in Florida is great, except that it just got down into the 70's this week. Our last semi-large OP was at a massive several-hundred acre field in Ocala called Wayne's World, and it was in the 90's all day (i.e. hotter than all of hell). I can't wait for it to cool down!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome and tips guys!

On the camo....we bought it originally because we were trying to get into the sport with the least amount of money possible. Even before playing, we collectively have halfway decent memory knowledge, and didn't believe in store-bought ghillies. The Multicam fit our budget, works well for where we play, and is relatively cool.

We are working on ghillies. Doing research, finding out what we like, etc. The Multicam BDU's have worked great, especially when we play VIP games (a couple snipers vs. 20+ players protecting a VIP...not trying to lecture, just want to make sure everyone knows what I'm talking about) and I've pulled brush cover over me and eliminated half the team and ended the game before they knew where I was. We will purchase Woodland BDU's and do custom ghillies after the holiday season rolls around and we have a little more cash.

We also play a lot of city-based games. The large "Wayne's World" complex is several hundred acres with quite a bit of city space, so the ghillie was somewhat inappropriate. Last stands in the bell towers are always fun though! I can't wait for it to cool down some, it's still 81 degrees here in Orlando today.

Danny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.