Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know, yet another vsr hop-up unit... But before you roll your eyes here's my project I've been developing recently.

I took what I knew from some of the best units and added a few features that made more sense to me. After 3D test fitting and CNC machining my first pieces here is the product, and more importantly the testing of the unit VS other samples.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Wood Automotive tire Font
Black Air gun Material property Trigger Tints and shades
Font Material property Rectangle Pattern Parallel

I tested a stock unit and barrel, AA with a CNC arm/nub, and my unit with external adjustment. Over 3 days with 3 different weights and disassembling the gun each swap I tried to get the best range of results and variables. Here is the data I recorded and my unit is on par with the AA unit (with a masada style arm) if not better. It is tough to get concrete evidence for improvement with airsoft but this is a general test and more testing will be done for confirmation. I plan on selling these very shortly and I did not want to make "another vsr unit". The external fine adjustment piece WILL be included (I plan on not using the TDC term).

If you want to know more about it I will link the youtube where I go into detail.

VSR UNIT

Attachments

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Certainly will be watching the video when I get home. A very pretty piece.
I’m guessing final production won’t be silver?

Will you aim to get this into UK/EU market?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly will be watching the video when I get home. A very pretty piece.
I’m guessing final production won’t be silver?

Will you aim to get this into UK/EU market?
I have not put thought into finish, but I do believe if anything the external adjustment would be black.

Personally I have not shipped anything international. I can look into it if the demand gets high enough or if I can send them in batches to reduce shipping cost.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I have not put thought into finish, but I do believe if anything the external adjustment would be black.

Personally I have not shipped anything international. I can look into it if the demand gets high enough or if I can send them in batches to reduce shipping cost.
Totally understand that.
I work in Procurement/Product Development, getting stuff overseas can be a pain.
If you fancy sending one over to the UK for “testing” let me know 😉.

I think it’ll look brilliant in black, obviously it would help match all them black barrels too like on my T11.
All the best with your work mate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This would be awesome, as it remedies the fundamental problem with the AA chamber (modification required for external adjustment)
in one neat package!

Curious as to what the end pricing would be, though. Got a ballpark estimate?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This would be awesome, as it remedies the fundamental problem with the AA chamber (modification required for external adjustment)
in one neat package!

Curious as to what the end pricing would be, though. Got a ballpark estimate?
I'm estimating around ~$85 for the complete package in raw aluminum finish.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I'm estimating around ~$85 for the complete package in raw aluminum finish.
that for a Hop Up and a “Not TDC” is a bloody awesome price. You’re either generous or not as greedy as other manufacturers

Reactions: airsoftbuild

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
As promised, I watched the video this morning.
That is a great piece of kit.
The way you’ve thought out how to drill the holes into the barrel by having holes milled in the unit? Masterwork.

I’ve got to ask what the Air seal is like?
I know it can depend on Bucking quality of course.
How did you find the ones you tested?

Reactions: airsoftbuild

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As promised, I watched the video this morning.
That is a great piece of kit.
The way you’ve thought out how to drill the holes into the barrel by having holes milled in the unit? Masterwork.

I’ve got to ask what the Air seal is like?
I know it can depend on Bucking quality of course.
How did you find the ones you tested?
Thanks for watching 🙏. Yeah I believe air seal is 90% bucking/nozzle/barrel related. I was getting ~3 fps variation before the tests so not bad but that could of been anything. Maple leaf and x-range is all I use, all preforming basically the same.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
It definitely opens up what is possible with thinking about making things. Although this could of been done on a Bridgeport if I needed.
That’s awesome mate. If I wasn’t saving for a wedding I’d have contacted you already for one.
Hope this gets the traction and exposure it deserves.

Reactions: Blackmail

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
After coming out of an airsoft hiatus for 10 years, this kind of stuff blows my mind. There wasnt a whole lot of people engineering, and machining their own parts back then. Love to see it, makes me want to build a VSR solely around this part, because that is too good of a deal.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Men, that looks awesome, but it's more impresive to me the fact of the finish of the cnc, maybe you can helpme with a design for a outer barrel for my we desert eagle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts