Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ho, hum. Something that grinds my gears is when ghillie suit manufacturers take blurry pics to make there suits "blend in". Always look at their hands, and this guy seems like he really takes advantage of the blurry pic style. Wow.

Remember guys, it's better to make, than buy a ghillie suit. This is a case of that.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah it is! Also, we have rules on posts like this, since this does look like an advertiser... could a mod please get rid of this? Even if this is a legitimate account someone is posting from, things like this really aren't worth our board space....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awagg said:
Ho, hum. Something that grinds my gears is when ghillie suit manufacturers take blurry pics to make there suits "blend in". Always look at their hands, and this guy seems like he really takes advantage of the blurry pic style. Wow.

Remember guys, it's better to make, than buy a ghillie suit. This is a case of that.
Hi Awagg, I understand what you mean about the photos. I could post the ones of them on a white background instead. As for trying to blend the ghillie suits into an environment, that is what product images are trying to show.

I do think that ghillie suit photos on while backgrounds give the customer a better view and idea of the ghillie suit that they are looking at.

·
Registered
506 Posts
No. It gives the consumer a good view when you take pictures with a normal camera. Honestly, my Razor cellphone, that's 5 years old could, and does, take better pics. Therefore, this means you are purposely taking the pictures out of focus, which is false advertising, and illegal. I mean, look at the scope glare... I could draw that up, from scratch, from photoshop. Rediculous. Taking them against a white background will not do a thing to help these incredibly obvious blurry photos. From the pictures, wearing this would be like taking a neon shirt to your field, and expecting to be a "snipah".

Unless every person on the field you play at has horrible eyes, and doesn't wear glasses, or contacts, do not buy these suits. This seller is cheating you out of your money by his deceptive photography style. Do you want to be reported to BBB (Better Business Bureau)?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think there is a slight over-reaction happening here.
The op (gsc - ghilliesuitclothing.com) is advertising his/their suits and yes the background is blurred, but if you want to sell ghillie suits, you need to make them stand out so people can see your product. In the grand scheme of things, is it really such a big deal? If you don't like the suits, don't buy them.
Personally I don't surf the net for news of new products, so having someone post on here that such and such is available is a good thing, regardless of whether or not the "thing" is actually any good or not.
Saying that, I don't want to see this become a site full of "rolex watches for $20" etc,etc.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I understand where Awagg is coming from. However, gsc I would love to see some more quality pictures displaying how effective these suits are without blurrifying (not a word...) the pics. That way we can see just how effective the suits are without the biased twist on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Whoa, I didn't mean to start a rantwar. I just gave my honest opinion

I just think that most/all store sold ghillies are crap in making sure you don't get seen. Unless you might mod it yourself to make it work.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah, but blurrying the background, and foreground is very dishonest and tricky, and a cruel trick to play on someone thinking they are getting a nice looking ghillie. Also, considering that they are $130, even for that horrible looking "woodland one" people need to know this guy is a scam artist.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah, probably, but knowing I have a math essay, SAT, finals, and math project this week, I'm a little cranky :) Just not really into people trying to trick others out of $130, ya know?

But I'll try to stop being such a meanie! ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
FUZZKILL!!! You're right, fuz. This kinda chit-chat is for the lounge:)

So what's the conclusion 'bout the Jackal ghillies, then?
I don't like to be a meanie, but I would prefer the good old home made one still...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.