Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! New to airsoft guns, having some fun with them and working on my shooting skills. First started off buying a cheap pistol from walmart, the Crosman P311. Pretty decent little pistol, but I wanted to shoot stuff at a much longer range. Have always loved sniping. Several weeks of searching, and pricing, I finally decided on the TSD SD700. Now ready for some tips and help with the gun and airsoft in general!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome aboard, and hopefully we can help ease your journey. It'll be fun!

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Welcomr to the forum...
I'd suggest to start airsoft with an assault rifle (AEG), snipers in airsoft are not like in real life, the range is bigger only by a few meters...
Good luck and we'll be happy to help you...

Wolf

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I started out with some sort of Well m-166 I got off of amazon for 20 bucks. It's best to work your way up and get an AEG. Too many people have I seen start off sniping because of the extra range and find out you don't get much more than a regular AEG. Airsoft sniping is more about the skill than the range. Read up on all the stickies, especially the ones titles "so you want to be an airsoft sniper" and similar.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Welcome to the Snipers forums buddy. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask us.

As for a new guy to airsoft, a bolt rifle isnt always the best way to go. I'm not saying dont... Just saying its not for everyone. Most people get their first bolt rifle and become bored fast and are stuck selling the rifle they paid $150 or so, and selling as used for about $100 or less. Sometime they even get stuck with the rifles,lol..

I started off with a Walther P99 springer pistol from Meijer "like Walmart" and was addicted right away. Went directly to bolt rifles while my buddies went right to assault rifles. I admit I was in for some trouble cause I was single shot but I picked up that rifle and it was exactly what I wanted. Still is!

I suggest seeing if a buddy has one and borrow his for a game. Kinda test the waters first, if its still your kinda role, then thats awesome! If not, no money lost my friend..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.